Sony's cynical game design. 2016 update, Movie Games Galore!!!

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Real rap that Zombie game is Last of Us for the white boys @Rekkapryde

I mean they not even trying to hide it
When you say something "is the Last Of Us" what do you mean?
Are you referring to crouched, slow stealth movement? Because metal gear solid and splinter had that as well and no one calls those the last of us.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why isn't there a screenshot of Knack 2 or GT Sport in that pic?
How about Nex Machina?
Knack fits.

They called that shyt a platformer, but was also ultimately a cinematic 3rd person action game.

Nex Machina isn't a Sony dev'd game. And they are trying their damndest to make GT more cinematic.

They already made a corridor racer in Driveclub :mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
8vtTLF5.png

uxpcXDH.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Read the OP.

All of sonys games are the same shyt. Story/set piece driven "Cinematic action" games.

They may call them different genres, but ultimately they follow the same formula.
Is that a Sony issue, or that an issue with modern games?
Because Ryse, Tomb Raider, and Quantum Break immediately come to mind and you guys loved those games.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:yeshrug:I mean...any video game genre can be trivialized. You just have to find the ones you enjoy for different reasons. I like games with a good story and solid game play.

Microsoft's cynical game design 2017

Halo Series: Cut scene. Run around, tapping the right trigger. Cut scene. Rinse, repeat, roll credits
Forza: Hold down the right trigger and steer with left stick. Repeat 400 times. Roll credits
What other games does XBOX have again?
Gears of War: Cut scene, roadie run to cover, hold left trigger and right trigger. Cut scene. Set piece. Cut scene. Roll Credits.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:yeshrug:I mean...any video game genre can be trivialized. You just have to find the ones you enjoy for different reasons. I like games with a good story and solid game play.

Microsoft's cynical game design 2017

Halo Series: Cut scene. Run around, tapping the right trigger. Cut scene. Rinse, repeat, roll credits
Forza: Hold down the right trigger and steer with left stick. Repeat 400 times. Roll credits
What other games does XBOX have again?
Gears of War: Cut scene, roadie run to cover, hold left trigger and right trigger. Cut scene. Set piece. Cut scene. Roll Credits.
Nope now you're just playing dumb.

You already laid out some good examples, so clearly you know what I'm talking about :stopitslime:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'd agree that it's a problem with modern gaming.

Microsoft was clearly attempting to attract this audience with those games.
Understood.
For me it's not a problem. I enjoy a game with what you call a "cinematic experience". My favorite games are the ones with stories that I really enjoyed.
The gameplay was the icing on the cake.
On the other hand, I don't enjoy a game with TOO MUCH story. ie. Quantum Break. I didn't like the balance of that game and more importantly, the story was completely uninteresting to me.
The order and Ryse were heavy on story, but I liked both of those stories very much and the gameplay was solid in both, albeit repetitive.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why isn't there a screenshot of Knack 2 or GT Sport in that pic? What about Dreams? Or Ni no Kuni 2 or Everybody's Golf?

the agenda is clear.

they got no exclusives worth a damn so they sideline hate. It's hilarious.

It's one thing if those games were trash too, but they're all great game or more than likely will be in the case of GoW and Days Gone.

But if this is what Team Larry resorting to as their new agenda then let them cook. Probably gonna add Bloodborne 2 to that image as well. shyt, even the Detroit game. :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nope now you're just playing dumb.

You already laid out some good examples, so clearly you know what I'm talking about :stopitslime:
I'm not playing dumb. I didn't know what you were talking about. I wrote that post before you replied.
I'm clear on what you mean now.
It isn't a Sony issue.
Modern gaming overall has moved more towards cinematic experiences.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not playing dumb. I didn't know what you were talking about. I wrote that post before you replied.
I'm clear on what you mean now.
It isn't a Sony issue.
Modern gaming overall has moved more towards cinematic experiences.
It's a Sony issue more so than others because that's seemingly all they will put AAA money behind.

They are even taking games that were clearly very different before and turning them into this formula.

Spider-Man even looks to be following the same plan.:smh: