Sony working with Rackspace on PS4 cloud solution

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
was their credit card info stolen, or just their account hacked?

One of my buddies had his credit card info taken. He had charges to it and had to get it cancelled.

Not sure about if the other guy actually had his card info stolen, he just said he was hacked.

And Pachter...

at about the 3:30 mark

Last edited:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
:laff: @ the hacked accounts.

I can tell you 90% of that shyt is from kids answering those "message me for free 1600 microsoft points" messages and people who don't remove their account info when they trade in their consoles.

I was caught slippin during the great banwave of '09. Cop-n-swapped internals but forgot to wipe off my info. :snoop: Couple months later some kids cleaning out my MS points :heh: Was handled and refund a couple weeks. Bless the MS support team :lawd:

Game responsibly, friends.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
One of my buddies had his credit card info taken. He had charges to it and had to get it cancelled.

Not sure about if the other guy actually had his card info stolen, he just said he was hacked.

were the charges made outside of the M$ store?

you can't get someone's c/c info by hacking/phishing into their live account. it's just gonna show you a bunch of x's, and maybe the last four digits. you can buy some ms-points/games though

and yeah, chances are :ufdup: if someone got into your account

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
were the charges made outside of the M$ store?

you can't get someone's c/c info by hacking/phishing into their live account. it's just gonna show you a bunch of x's, and maybe the last four digits

and yeah, chances are :ufdup: if someone got into your account

I just know that he told me his account got hacked and someone made charges to his card. At the time we were roommates and he was on the phone with MS and his bank for awhile trying to fix it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
1. The frequent updates were stopped years ago.

2.They addressed the security issues after it was hacked

3.It will most likely be up to third parties on dedicated servers

1. Not true. I've had to update the store at least 3-4 times this year. And an update broke some people's systems.

2. They didn't address it they lied about it at first then they said it was fixed and just quit talking about it. But cheaters are still running rampant on PSN.

3. Microsoft has said ALL games even single player will have access to the cloud and dedicated servers Sony has said nothing. It will be interesting to see if some games have dedicated servers on Xbox and not on ps4. I wonder if Microsoft will allow devs to use azure for ps4:lupe:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
1. Not true. I've had to update the store at least 3-4 times this year. And an update broke some people's systems.

2. They didn't address it they lied about it at first then they said it was fixed and just quit talking about it. But cheaters are still running rampant on PSN.

3. Microsoft has said ALL games even single player will have access to the cloud and dedicated servers Sony has said nothing. It will be interesting to see if some games have dedicated servers on Xbox and not on ps4. I wonder if Microsoft will allow devs to use azure for ps4:lupe:
I doubt that. They'll tell them they only have enough for xbox games and if they want it for PS4 they can do it, but they'll have to pay an additional fee which would make the idea not worth it to the developer (my guess)

But sony has there own cloud solution as the thread title suggest. I'm sure it'll be better than anything Microsoft comes up with, even if it is recognized as one of 3 clouds that operates on "this level"
I'm sure sony can turn a little fake cloud company into the best in the world. Smart Match on PSN, Can't wait!!! :laff:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
So, @Loose & @MeachTheMonster who talk the most shyt about the cloud, don't wanna discuss this?
Rackspace is a small silicon valley outfit run by that clown Scobel. If this is who Sony is working with to create competition to Azure then Sony and its stand already lost. Ita sad that these dumb Japanese weren't more serious about their cloud than M$.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Rackspace is a small silicon valley outfit run by that clown Scobel. If this is who Sony is working with to create competition to Azure then Sony and its stand already lost. Ita sad that these dumb Japanese weren't more serious about their cloud than M$.
The Japanese on Rackspace + Gaikai "Cloud"

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

You do realize other major corporations & companies like Citrix, NASA, Dell, IBM, Disney & CERN are using Openstack?

Last edited: