Sony working with Rackspace on PS4 cloud solution

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
well i have a question for cloud-doubters: if latency issues would keep M$ from offloading AI, and other things they have claimed, how could something like Gaikai (offloading the whole game) ever hope to work?
Meach was caught on another :duck:
Shameless xbot decepticon :dead:
smoke and mirrors

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
nikka please. Anyone with a ps3 knows how many times you have to update the ps store. That dude must not have a playstation if he thinks the store has only been updated 3 times all together.

He also doesn't know what he's talking about with his other two "points" Sony did lie about the hack. At first they denied that it happened, but eventually they had to come clean. And sony's first party games don't all have dedicated servers 1 or 2 of them did and that's it's.

Instead if ignoring the problems y'all should be challenging Sony to fix them, but y'all would rather complain about the system your not getting anyway:ufdup:

You the one that doesn't seem to have a ps3. You can check my profile, I game. You on the other hand are just making shyt up.

Sony never came out and said that there was no hack. They just stayed quiet. They never denied it. They apologized and stepped their security up. And also gave out freebies to their users.

You not buying a ps4 so stop coming into ps4 threads with ya bullshyt. We know you don't like it and that's cool but stop with the lies.

And I love the way you ignored Live's security problems where people are actually having points/money stolen from them.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'd like to see better cloud services, as opposed to "will make your console x1000 better" nonsense to sell the cloud idea.
That's the problem with it all.

It's all used for marketing purposes when in reality "cloud saves" and all that other BS is a glorified FTP system.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You the one that doesn't seem to have a ps3. You can check my profile, I game. You on the other hand are just making shyt up.

Sony never came out and said that there was no hack. They just stayed quiet. They never denied it. They apologized and stepped their security up. And also gave out freebies to their users.

You not buying a ps4 so stop coming into ps4 threads with ya bullshyt. We know you don't like it and that's cool but stop with the lies.

And I love the way you ignored Live's security problems where people are actually having points/money stolen from them.

http://ps3meetup.blogspot.com/2011/04/sony-denies-hack-doesnt-know-what.html?m=1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/dear-sony-please-fix-the-playstation-store

And I am buying a ps4 eventually. I have a ps3 now

Lives security problems have more to do with people being irresponsible with their info, but there has never been a case of people's identities being stolen.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille

Nowhere in this link does Sony say there was no hack. They said they didn't know what was wrong at the time. You read the headline, not the story.

Nowhere in this link does it say anything about the PS Store having a bunch of updates, which you claim it does.

And I am buying a ps4 eventually. I have a ps3 now

Lives security problems have more to do with people being irresponsible with their info, but there has never been a case of people's identities being stolen.

I don't believe for a second you have a ps3.

And LMAO a Live's security problems being user error but nothing to do with Live itself. They not protecting your points/money and you still defending them

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nowhere in this link does Sony say there was no hack. They said they didn't know what was wrong at the time. You read the headline, not the story.

Nowhere in this link does it say anything about the PS Store having a bunch of updates, which you claim it does.

I don't believe for a second you have a ps3.

And LMAO a Live's security problems being user error but nothing to do with Live itself. They not protecting your points/money and you still defending them

:pachaha: I hope your trolling

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
So, @Loose & @MeachTheMonster who talk the most shyt about the cloud, don't wanna discuss this?
I wouldn't trust Rackspace's cloud with my Notepad text files. Never mind any kind of serious social/gaming platform.
OK maybe the notepad thing is hyperbole

GTFO

Note: I'm a current Rackspace customer and have been since their cloud solution used to be called Mosso. It's great for development and testing. Not so much so for live sites. That's just my opinion though.

This would kind of be like Samsung going to Hyundai and asking them advice on how to make cars.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
What's there to discuss. Y'all said the cloud didn't matter, obviously it does, and obviously Sony is far behind as usual. They still haven't even talked about upgrades to PSN yet.

They have a lot of work to to on the online front, hopefully they will get it done:manny:

What does the cloud/multiplayer gaming matter when you have infinite amounts of teraflops?

:troll:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I wouldn't trust Rackspace's cloud with my Notepad text files. Never mind any kind of serious social/gaming platform.
OK maybe the notepad thing is hyperbole

GTFO

Note: I'm a current Rackspace customer and have been since their cloud solution used to be called Mosso. It's great for development and testing. Not so much so for live sites. That's just my opinion though.

This would kind of be like Samsung going to Hyundai and asking them advice on how to make cars.
that a bad analogy given that Hyundai have the best ratings for cars for a while now :upsetfavre: