Sony stans confirm the PS4 is the weakest console in existence

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
All the ones running to Sony's defense are the same ones that get a hard on for remastered games :mjlol:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
OP is ignorant to the differences between computer architecture in the different playstations. Ps2 used a different architecture than ps3 and same with ps4 and ps3. The course of action to run ps2 games on ps4 would be to emulate the instruction set used in ps2 games on the ps4 in order to run ps2 games in their native format.

The problem with this emulation is that it requires the ps4 to effectively translate the instructions into a format readable by the ps4's cpu
This is why ps2 games are released on psn because they have been optimized to run on the ps4 hardware.

This translation of instructions significantly slows down the processing speed of the ps4s cpu. Even though the instruction count in order to run a ps2 game is significantly lower compared to a ps4 game the added processing and translating of instructions and operations which are native to the ps4's specific architecture require slow it down tremndously.
Due to the higher number of operations performed by ps3 hardware the ps4 cannot possibly translate that many instructions fast enough to provide a playable game experience.

Xbox does not suffer from this problem due the fact that all their consoles utilize x86 architecture which is found in all Windows PCs. Since every xbox utilizes the same architecture then the difficulty in emulating previous hardware is lessened. Therefore the Xbox One can be backwards compatible.

This time around sony stuck with an x86 architecture for their cpus so hopefully this means backwards compatibility in the ps5
Sony wanted to make creating games for third parties as easy as possible and the best way to do that was to use the same architecture in the xbox one and pc.
This is why it's so easy to port games to the ps4 from pc or vice versa.
Not to mention it's really easy to put old games on the ps4 due to the fact that most game engines are optimized for an x86 environment in the first place

TLDR OP is an idiot consumer with no idea what's inside of what he's buying and blindly follows brands, ps4 and xbox one are basically the same console on the inside despite subtle differences in graphics which is pretty linear if you look at capabilities of the various console revisions by release date xbox one < ps4 < ps4 pro < xbox one x

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
OP is ignorant to the differences between computer architecture in the different playstations. Ps2 used a different architecture than ps3 and same with ps4 and ps3. The course of action to run ps2 games on ps4 would be to emulate the instruction set used in ps2 games on the ps4 in order to run ps2 games in their native format.

The problem with this emulation is that it requires the ps4 to effectively translate the instructions into a format readable by the ps4's cpu
This is why ps2 games are released on psn because they have been optimized to run on the ps4 hardware.

This translation of instructions significantly slows down the processing speed of the ps4s cpu. Even though the instruction count in order to run a ps2 game is significantly lower compared to a ps4 game the added processing and translating of instructions and operations which are native to the ps4's specific architecture require slow it down tremndously.
Due to the higher number of operations performed by ps3 hardware the ps4 cannot possibly translate that many instructions fast enough to provide a playable game experience.

Xbox does not suffer from this problem due the fact that all their consoles utilize x86 architecture which is found in all Windows PCs. Since every xbox utilizes the same architecture then the difficulty in emulating previous hardware is lessened. Therefore the Xbox One can be backwards compatible.

This time around sony stuck with an x86 architecture for their cpus so hopefully this means backwards compatibility in the ps5
Sony wanted to make creating games for third parties as easy as possible and the best way to do that was to use the same architecture in the xbox one and pc.
This is why it's so easy to port games to the ps4 from pc or vice versa.
Not to mention it's really easy to put old games on the ps4 due to the fact that most game engines are optimized for an x86 environment in the first place

TLDR OP is an idiot consumer with no idea what's inside of what he's buying and blindly follows brands, ps4 and xbox one are basically the same console on the inside despite subtle differences in graphics which is pretty linear if you look at capabilities of the various console revisions by release date xbox one < ps4 < ps4 pro < xbox one x
:mjlol:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
it is the mark of a sad individual to align himself with and promote the self perceived superiority of a company's product of which he receives zero ad revenue and/or salaried income.

stans furious this
higher spec that
I ride for consoles but ain't gettin no ass
just stfu and enjoy the games :mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Dudes 100% live in that reality lmaoooo

Stans are very rarely objective.
This honestly has nothing to do with stans. Especially not with me anyway. nikkas was just tryna tell these idiots that the PS4’s cpu is too weak to brute force PS3 emulation and these nikkas went full retard. nikkas are really arguing shyt they have no idea about.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This honestly has nothing to do with stans. Especially not with me anyway. nikkas was just tryna tell these idiots that the PS4’s cpu is too weak to brute force PS3 emulation and these nikkas went full retard. nikkas are really arguing shyt they have no idea about.
:hubie:But does backwards compatibility matter or nah?
Cause the coli programmers told me that it doesn't matter since it's impossible to do anyway.
I just wanna make sure we're all on the same piggidy page ya dig?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:hubie:But does backwards compatibility matter or nah?
Cause the coli programmers told me that it doesn't matter since it's impossible to do anyway.
I just wanna make sure we're all on the same piggidy page ya dig?
I guess it matters to some people. For me? I have the older consoles if I wanna play some shyt. That and emulators. Im chillin. But I can see how some people care. I think Microsoft is doing a great thing tho. I will tell u that.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I guess it matters to some people. For me? I have the older consoles if I wanna play some shyt. That and emulators. Im chillin. But I can see how some people care. I think Microsoft is doing a great thing tho. I will tell u that.
I'm in the same boat. I have all the old consoles and games still.
I just like to give Sony stans a hard time because A LOT of them were gassed up about BC on PS3 but now that PS4 doesn't have it they coincidentally don't care about it anymore.
Maybe they really don't, or maybe it's easier to not care about something when the choice has already been made for you.
Regardless, it's still funny.

I can't help but laugh at: "Man Sony been feeding us!:blessed: Let Xbox have all the old games, who cares:skip:. Oh wait...what's that!? :leon:Sony is re-releasing a PS3 game on PS4 for $60!? :ohlawd:Sony just keeps the blessings rolling in!!! Bring on the old games:damn:"

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm in the same boat. I have all the old consoles and games still.
I just like to give Sony stans a hard time because A LOT of them were gassed up about BC on PS3 but now that PS4 doesn't have it they coincidentally don't care about it anymore.
Maybe they really don't, or maybe it's easier to not care about something when the choice has already been made for you.
Regardless, it's still funny.

I can't help but laugh at: "Man Sony been feeding us!:blessed: Let Xbox have all the old games, who cares:skip:. Oh wait...what's that!? :leon:Sony is re-releasing a PS3 game on PS4 for $60!? :ohlawd:Sony just keeps the blessings rolling in!!! Bring on the old games:damn:"
:obama:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

It's bigger than just this topic when it comes to stanning/stanwars.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It wasn't because of "difficulty" dreamcast was more popular therefore it was a more desirable target for emulation, and also Saturn documentation was hard to come by.

As soon as that documentation was found emulation boomed.

Don't know where you got that from but there's plenty of people playing the PS3 emulator on middle of the road hardware.
Your flat out lying now
:gucci:

You literally need a stronger pc to run a Saturn emulator than you would need to run a dreamcast and GameCube emulator.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/37887-question-regarding-emulator-system-requirements

"PS1 won't be a problem, Gamecube emulation with Dolphin should be ok but it could be on that edge but using the Ishiruuka build. Saturn emulation though maybe tricky depending on the emulator you want to use. Mednafen (both the stand alone and Retroarch core) will most likely be out of reach but who knows."

"Saturn emulation is more system intensive because of the systems complexity. The system was an awkward beast back in the day with 2 cpus and 2 video processors, even Segas own developers had a difficult time programming for it back in the day."

And again, what does the have to do with the ps4 being too weak to emulate a ps3?

@PS4 told us the keys to the ps3 been leaked a longgg time ago, why can't they emulate it?

It should be the easiest console to emulate ever, they literally have the keys.

Right @PS4 ?

WHEN LYING BECOMEA MANDATORY.
:hubie:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Your flat out lying now

You literally need a stronger pc to run a Saturn emulator than you would need to run a dreamcast and GameCube emulator.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/37887-question-regarding-emulator-system-requirements

"PS1 won't be a problem, Gamecube emulation with Dolphin should be ok but it could be on that edge but using the Ishiruuka build. Saturn emulation though maybe tricky depending on the emulator you want to use. Mednafen (both the stand alone and Retroarch core) will most likely be out of reach but who knows."

"Saturn emulation is more system intensive because of the systems complexity. The system was an awkward beast back in the day with 2 cpus and 2 video processors, even Segas own developers had a difficult time programming for it back in the day."

And again, what does the have to do with the ps4 being too weak to emulate a ps3?

@PS4 told us the keys to the ps3 been leaked a longgg time ago, why can't they emulate it?

It should be the easiest console to emulate ever, they literally have the keys.

Right @PS4 ?

WHEN LYING BECOMEA MANDATORY.
:hubie:
The Saturn emulator is a lot newer and still being worked on. The others are a lot more mature and reliable.

The PS1 emulator is a lot more mature therefore requirements have come down. And in some ways Saturn was more powerful than PS1 therefore it makes all the sense in the world that you would need more power to emulate it.

And I see you purposely cut off the part where it says using the SSF emulator he would be fine

yo lying ass cut off said:
You would be fine with the emulator SSF though but you will have the added step of mounting disk images which isn't a terribly big deal but is something to keep in mind.

So a better emulator means lower requirements. Holly fukking shyt, who would have thought:ohhh:

And that says NOTHING about dreamcast and it also says he wouldn't be able to run gamecube either.

Yes when lying is manditory indeed:wow:

What this has to do with PS4 playing PS3 games is because Sony's excuse as for why it's not happening is based on lies and stan shyt from before. When in reality it could be done if they weren't trying to re-sell the games elsewhere.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Except for the fact that your opinion on this topic is based off stan narratives of generations past:mjlol: