Sony stans confirm the PS4 is the weakest console in existence

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who EVER said it was impossible? Maybe 15 years ago. But yea. As time goes by. People discover new things. With new and MORE CAPABLE hardware. Things become easier to achieve. U dont see them making these strides with 7 year old computer hardware do u? Meanwhile Saturn released over 20 years ago. And It still takes some power on current hardware to run perfectly.
It wasn't a hardware breakthrough that made it possible. Hardware from 10 years ago can now run the games.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Both. Not true.

It's a matter of resources nobody gone put the time in to get a damn Saturn working:mjlol:

and Xbox 360 is nothing like a PC
Actually there are Saturn emulators working, it just took a long time and requires fairly good specs to run. The point is that the complicated nature of the system made it a challenge to emulate.
Hard to emulate =/= impossible

Y'all just repeating some shyt y'all read somebody else say on a forum.

There are Saturn emulators that work. There isn't anyone with the right mix of skill desire and resources to make it work better for more people.

I'm not the dumb one here :ufdup:

I NEVER said the Saturn was impossible to emulate
:gucci:

And none of this has anything to do with the fact that the ps4 isn't strong enough to emulate the cell processor of the ps3.

You'd need a $2000 pc to run ps3 games at 10 fps, yall think the ps4 is doing all that?

The 360 was based off power pc architecture, that's not to far off from a pc and much easier to emulate.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Actually there are Saturn emulators working, it just took a long time and requires fairly good specs to run. The point is that the complicated nature of the system made it a challenge to emulate.

You said it was "too hard" which it clearly is not.

And none of this has anything to do with the fact that the ps4 isn't strong enough to emulate the cell processor of the ps3.

You'd need a $2000 pc to run ps3 games at 10 fps, yall think the ps4 is doing all that?

But you don't need this. Don't know where you got that from :francis:

The 360 was based off power pc architecture, that's not to far off from a pc and much easier to emulate.
360 was very different from off the shelf PC parts, in fact it had some similarities to the cell.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Bro. Dont waste ur time. We been explaining this all day. Dude is either retarded or a troll. The PS4 came out outdated from the gate. shyt was a 2012 equivalent mid range PC that dropped at the end of 2013. And the CPU was even weak by those standards. Its 2018 and powerful ass PC’s that’s prolly 10x the power of the the PS4 can run that shyt stable.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I never said it was "too hard" either.

I said the complexed way the system was designed is the reason the Saturn was "so hard" to emulate. Which is true, we got reliable dreamcast emulation long before the Saturn.
And what are the required specs needed to emulate a ps3?

I just looked it up and apparently you need something about 3X more powerful than a mid range gaming pc, and even then you'll maybe get games running at 3 fps.

While the 360 emulator can already run 50 games at full speed
360 was very different from off the shelf PC parts, in fact it had some similarities to the cell.
Based off modified pc parts built for gaming consoles. But still worked similar to a pc. The 360 and the ps3 used similar chips in entirely different ways, they were nothing alike.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

It was hard, though. You have to remember that the Saturn is decades old, and we only reached a stable place wrt emulation a few years ago, and it wasn't for a lack of trying.

The 360 was custom hardware based on more traditional computing standards. The only similarity to CELL in the 360 was the PPE in Xenon. That's it. The SPEs (and SPUs) are what made CELL what it was. And are what contributes to the difficulty in emulating the hardware.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
100% accurate emulation, of even the SNES, is still hard to do. the SNES Classic falls short. there's just an extra layer of complication as you try to get a machine to act like something else

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
100% accurate emulation, of even the SNES, is still hard to do. the SNES Classic falls short. there's just an extra layer of complication as you try to get a machine to act like something else
It aint even about 100% accuracy. Its about stable emulation. There’s currenly no stable PS3 emulation. And it certainly is far fetched as hell on a PS4. Which is technically 6 year old “mid” range hardware.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Name the hardware. This how I know u be straight bullshyttin. Lol. Name the hardware from 10 years ago that can perfectly run Saturn emulation.
No emulator works perfectly, so I like how you tried to slide that in :stopitslime:

Minimum spec for the Saturn emulator is just a pentium 4

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It was hard, though. You have to remember that the Saturn is decades old, and we only reached a stable place wrt emulation a few years ago, and it wasn't for a lack of trying.
It was for lack of trying. It wasn't a hardware breakthrough that made it possible. It was software, meaning it could have been figured out a long time ago if the right person had access to the right info.

The 360 was custom hardware based on more traditional computing standards. The only similarity to CELL in the 360 was the PPE in Xenon. That's it. The SPEs (and SPUs) are what made CELL what it was. And are what contributes to the difficulty in emulating the hardware.
360 was very different from PC. Obviously closer than cell, but still very different.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It aint even about 100% accuracy. Its about stable emulation. There’s currenly no stable PS3 emulation. And it certainly is far fetched as hell on a PS4. Which is technically 6 year old “mid” range hardware.
As with all emulators as more work is done performance goes up.

Saying it's not stable "right now" means nothing.

All emulators are unstable with too high requirements at first, until they aren't.

It may take more work with PS3 especially since the people working on it are basically working in the dark.