Sony squeezing every last ounce out of the Spider-man franchise

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I thought Batman definitely got adequate screen time in Batman Returns.

In fact I don't think he was any more short changed than he did in TDK. Cause when you think about it half that movie belongs to Joker and Dent.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
VinceMcMahon-swagger.gif

Listen you mouth breathers.

No matter how much you deepthroat marvel or how much you throw shade at sony MARVEL IS NEVER GETTING THE RIGHTS BACK.

Matter of fact you peasants should bow down to fox and sony. If not for them throwing marvel a life preserver and buying film rights marvel would be bankrupt.

The asm movies are good spider man films.

The excuses and critiscms I see towards them are ridiculous.

"I dont like spidey cracking jokes"

"Electro said one pun so that means hes the same as arnold as mr freeze"

"Marvel would do better"

Blah blah blah.

Brehs hurl the same critiques at these movies that they brush off for marvel films. Its absurd.

The sam raimi franchise aged terribly. Bad cgi, shytty acting and campy humour bogged them down. Peter parker showed zero growth in three films. Tobey was good as high school peter. Thats it. He never grew as a character in the raimi films. And dunst was awful as mary jane. Half of those movies are the mj/peter dynamic and it was horrible. Garfield/stone take a giant shyt on them from a great distance. I actively wanted dunst to die in those films.

Not to mention raimis films were all the same. Mary jane gets kidnapped by the villain in all 3. The villains find out peteres identity in all 3.

The action/spidey scenes were shyt. He was a deaf mute in cartoon cgi.

The third one was legit the worst film ive ever seen.

The two asm movies have grossed 1.4 billion dollars. They are the first time I have seen the real spider man on screen.

Keep throwing shade and nit picking. But youll be there for the next one just like the last two.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lol Kevin smith said it himself: batman is kinda boring

I've heard Kevin Smith talk shyt about the Burton movies before but I fail to see the justification in his criticisms.

Not saying they were perfect movies (what movie really is) but for what they were I thought they were both pretty damn good. Returns in particular gets such a bad wrap sometimes and it's ridiculous because that movie is amazing in a lot of ways.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
VinceMcMahon-swagger.gif

Listen you mouth breathers.

No matter how much you deepthroat marvel or how much you throw shade at sony MARVEL IS NEVER GETTING THE RIGHTS BACK.

Matter of fact you peasants should bow down to fox and sony. If not for them throwing marvel a life preserver and buying film rights marvel would be bankrupt.

The asm movies are good spider man films.

The excuses and critiscms I see towards them are ridiculous.

"I dont like spidey cracking jokes"

"Electro said one pun so that means hes the same as arnold as mr freeze"

"Marvel would do better"

Blah blah blah.

Brehs hurl the same critiques at these movies that they brush off for marvel films. Its absurd.

The sam raimi franchise aged terribly. Bad cgi, shytty acting and campy humour bogged them down. Peter parker showed zero growth in three films. Tobey was good as high school peter. Thats it. He never grew as a character in the raimi films. And dunst was awful as mary jane. Half of those movies are the mj/peter dynamic and it was horrible. Garfield/stone take a giant shyt on them from a great distance. I actively wanted dunst to die in those films.

Not to mention raimis films were all the same. Mary jane gets kidnapped by the villain in all 3. The villains find out peteres identity in all 3.

The action/spidey scenes were shyt. He was a deaf mute in cartoon cgi.

The third one was legit the worst film ive ever seen.

The two asm movies have grossed 1.4 billion dollars. They are the first time I have seen the real spider man on screen.

Keep throwing shade and nit picking. But youll be there for the next one just like the last two.
:salute: My man came through with the vinny mac swag.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've heard Kevin Smith talk shyt about the Burton movies before but I fail to see the justification in his criticisms.

Not saying they were perfect movies (what movie really is) but for what they were I thought they were both pretty damn good. Returns in particular gets such a bad wrap sometimes and it's ridiculous because that movie is amazing in a lot of ways.

Yeah mos def and some of his issues are really damn minor and can be answered with simple logic. They're still entertaining as hell to listen to tho. And of course Kevin always says "I couldn't make a batman movie so fukk me"

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah mos def and some of his issues are really damn minor and can be answered with simple logic. They're still entertaining as hell to listen to tho. And of course Kevin always says "I couldn't make a batman movie so fukk me"

Yea the reason I love Kevin Smith is because he really doesn't have any aura of self importance about him. He's just a super geek that made it big and he doesn't pretend to be anything more than that. Overall I'm just a really big fan of the guy regardless of whether or not I agree with him at times.

But lately I get the vibe he's in WB's pocket... :patrice:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There is a direct correlation between "fans of spiderman comics" and "fans of asm 1 and 2"

Ordinarily I'd agree but my man @kp404 is a comic fan and isn't a fan of the movie. Maybe he's the one outlier but in general I tend to agree with you. He may be the exception to the rule.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea the reason I love Kevin Smith is because he really doesn't have any aura of self importance about him. He's just a super geek that made it big and he doesn't pretend to be anything more than that. Overall I'm just a really big fan of the guy regardless of whether or not I agree with him at times.

But lately I get the vibe he's in WB's pocket... :patrice:

Yeah which is weird cause clearly they treated him terribly when he was writing superman lives but he got paid

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Ordinarily I'd agree but my man @kp404 is a comic fan and isn't a fan of the movie. Maybe he's the one outlier but in general I tend to agree with you. He may be the exception to the rule.
Maybe "pre bendis" spiderman fans?

Its like bendis stole he stuff that made spiderman and plastered it all over the marvel universe especially leading to civil war and secret invasion.

Anyway...asm 2, ironman 2, and spiderman 2 are the closest to the comic "feel" ever

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Maybe "pre bendis" spiderman fans?

Its like bendis stole he stuff that made spiderman and plastered it all over the marvel universe especially leading to civil war and secret invasion.

Anyway...asm 2, ironman 2, and spiderman 2 are the closest to the comic "feel" ever

Fukk you're right he did just try to make every character into spider man lite yet it's ironic that his 616 version of spider man is just comic relief who spouts one liners all the time. Took his villains too.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Brehs saying "their just making it to keep the license" is so retarded.

Of course they are. They make the movies to make money. Same reason fox does, same reason marvel does.

What you think studios are making films for the love :russ:

Maybe if marvel hadnt managed themselves into near bankruptcy theyd still have the rights.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Brehs saying "their just making it to keep the license" is so retarded.

Of course they are. They make the movies to make money. Same reason fox does, same reason marvel does.

What you think studios are making films for the love :russ:

Maybe if marvel hadnt managed themselves into near bankruptcy theyd still have the rights.

Think studios don't want to make money brehs