Sony squeezing every last ounce out of the Spider-man franchise

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I really don't.:yeshrug:

I had no issues with any of the things you brought up actually.

I guess we just saw different movies.

Parker's response to the death of his love was like he was throwing away an empty toilet paper roll: like this: :ld:

No we saw the same movie, but we were looking for different things obviously and these new Spider man movies have yet to deliver what Raimi and even Bryan Singer have done to Marvel Comic movies..giving them depth and action simultaneously

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This new Spider-man franchise is easily the worst current comic book series...those 2 movies were useless

"Pops in Spider-man 2 and basks in the greatness of Dr. Ock":blessed:
You want to see something useless, look at every villain in every marvel film. Might as well be cardboard cut outs with arms that move only to twirl their moustache to let you know theyre the villain.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
My only issue with a new director is you may lose the character stuff. I think you need better writers first and foremost. It all starts with the script. Drew Goddard is already on the team sign him up to do spider man and let he and webb collab.

And you're right about the villains I'm just saying what works for me. Spider man himself is so compelling to me I really don't need the villains. When I read the comics only a few of his villains interest me and they've yet to use one of them: Kraven.

The Lizard's backstory is pehnomenal...Kraven, Morbius, Carnage, Venom, Hobgoblin, Green Goblin, Electro, Doc ock, and the list goes on all have interesting back stories

As for Goddard, I love what he did for Cabin in the Woods, so I'm optimistic on him; Webb though, not so much.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Parker's response to the death of his love was like he was throwing away an empty toilet paper roll: like this: :ld:

No we saw the same movie, but we were looking for different things obviously and these new Spider man movies have yet to deliver what Raimi and even Bryan Singer have done to Marvel Comic movies..giving them depth and action simultaneously

Whoa whoa dude sulked for 5 months breh. He sat at that grave for five months. That's hardly a meh reaction to death. He wasn't going to be spider man anymore until
He talked to someone else who did her fair share of grieving. Not to mention the scene in the clock tower with him trying to convince himself she was alive. I think that was on point. He grieved for 5 months gave up the mask and then got back to work which is what he does

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Whoa whoa dude sulked for 5 months breh. He sat at that grave for five months. That's hardly a meh reaction to death. He wasn't going to be spider man anymore until
He talked to someone else who did her fair share of grieving. Not to mention the scene in the clock tower with him trying to convince himself she was alive. I think that was on point. He grieved for 6 months gave up the mask and then got back to work which is what he does

That whole ending rubbed me the wrong way...shyt was kinda forced and ridiculous like...Garfield and the director didn't sell it for me...it was like when Cyclops died in XM3...I was just like...eh...that's it?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Lizard's backstory is pehnomenal...Kraven, Morbius, Carnage, Venom, Hobgoblin, Green Goblin, Electro, Doc ock, and the list goes on all have interesting back stories

As for Goddard, I love what he did for Cabin in the Woods, so I'm optimistic on him; Webb though, not so much.

Oh yeah mos def they all have great stories lol I'm just not interested in them breh. Spider man has always been the most interesting character to me in comics period. His villains are great but again they're window dressing for me. It's just preference. I referenced Tim burton earlier: he was more interested in the villains of batman that's his preference. I'm more interested in spider man

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Oh yeah mos def they all have great stories lol I'm just not interested in them breh. Spider man has always been the most interesting character to me in comics period. His villains are great but again they're window dressing for me. It's just preference. I referenced Tim burton earlier: he was more interested in the villains of batman that's his preference. I'm more interested in spider man

I don't know; Burton did a great job with both villains and Batman...I loved his balance in his 2 Batman films with both elements

Daps
Reppin
NYC

He was at her graveside for like months on end... :patrice:

And imo the relationship between Peter and Gwen is easily the strongest relationship I've ever seen portrayed in a superhero movie.

I dunno I just really found the movie to be entertaining. It was fun, it didn't take itself too seriously... but it had heart too. And if we're talkin purely action then I thought this was easily Spidey at his absolute best.

The thing that puts it over the top though is Garfield. You can't even compare him and Tobey. In terms of charisma and just flat out being able to carry the movie he wipes the floor with him.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
He was at her graveside for like months on end... :patrice:

And imo the relationship between Peter and Gwen is easily the strongest relationship I've ever seen portrayed in a superhero movie.

I dunno I just really found the movie to be entertaining. It was fun, it didn't take itself too seriously... but it had heart too. And if we're talkin purely action then I thought this was easily Spidey at his absolute best.

The thing that puts it over the top though is Garfield. You can't even compare him and Tobey. In terms of charisma and just flat out being able to carry the movie he wipes the floor with him.

Come on man, you saying these action scenes were better than SP2's action? Really?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't know; Burton did a great job with both villains and Batman...I loved his balance in his 2 Batman films with both elements

Looking back at them he's more interested in the bad guys. Look at batman returns and see how much film time batman gets vs catwoman and penguin breh. Batman doesn't appear in his own flick until 15 min in the film and when he does it's him driving a car. Still love the movies but he's said he's more interested in the freaks because he's always felt like a freak

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Looking back at them he's more interested in the bad guys. Look at batman returns and see how much film time batman gets vs catwoman and penguin breh. Batman doesn't appear in his own flick until 15 min in the film and when he does it's him driving a car. Still love the movies but he's said he's more interested in the freaks because he's always felt like a freak

I don't know man...I feel like he had to do that because he had 2 major villains to contend with in that one...plus he gave Batman a lot of screen time in part 1...The balance was there in Part 1 but you may have a point in part 2; I think it was more because he wanted to give balance to introducing 2 separate entities and then making sure they melded together effectively in the story, or else you end up with Spider Man 3

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Not even close imo.

The way they moved the camera around Spidey and the way they animated his movements was incredible.

Agree to disagree then because turning the camera around 3 extra times and showing the city more doesn't make up for the fact that the fight scenes and choreography were bland.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't know man...I feel like he had to do that because he had 2 major villains to contend with in that one...plus he gave Batman a lot of screen time in part 1...The balance was there in Part 1 but you may have a point in part 2; I think it was more because he wanted to give balance to introducing 2 separate entities and then making sure they melded together effectively in the story, or else you end up with Spider Man 3

Lol do yourself a favor and listen to Kevin smith's commentary track on it. And batman. It's he and a writer from the Hollywood reporter. They're hilarious and insightful.