P.G. County
I thought ASM2 was the best movie of the entire franchise so far. :manny:

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
if you're saying it was better than ASM1, then yes, that's true, but barely...but there are only 2 in that franchise so far

I'm riding with him on this one man. well kinda. 2 is still the best but I like both of these recent ones more than the first and certainly more than the 3rd, flaws and all because even spider man 1 has plenty of issues with it first of them being the character of spider man and if I don't buy that I don't buy the movie. Even at 16 when I first saw it, I walked out the theater with a stuck face wondering where was spider-man because I got plenty of Peter Parker but no spider man. Not to mention that Peter/MJ shyt was trash from the start. I watched ASM2 again over the weekend and it's definitely got issues from a narrative standpoint but it hits me in an emotional place that the others don't so clearly that's for personal reasons which everyone won't be able to identify with but it hit a sweet spot with me. I wish it was a huge hit and the toast of the town like the previous trilogy and maybe the 3rd can redeem it but I'm happy as a spider-man fan for the most part. I don't believe there's been a truly perfect spider-man film done yet but this one came the closest to capturing that character exploring the tragedy that comes with him

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
And I got no prob with them doing either a black cat movie or a spider woman movie or even spider girl. The sinister 6 movie I'm very interested in because it's something different but I can't wrap my head around how it could be done
I've never associated spider-woman with Spider-man, so the fact that Sony has the rights is shocking to me.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'm riding with him on this one man. well kinda. 2 is still the best but I like both of these recent ones more than the first and certainly more than the 3rd, flaws and all because even spider man 1 has plenty of issues with it first of them being the character of spider man and if I don't buy that I don't buy the movie. Even at 16 when I first saw it, I walked out the theater with a stuck face wondering where was spider-man because I got plenty of Peter Parker but no spider man

nah fam, can't ride with you on that...SP1 was a great story and felt fresh; yea the action was lacking but they fixed that in Part 2. These new ones are a bunch of boring action scenes and the villains are horrible

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nah fam, can't ride with you on that...SP1 was a great story and felt fresh; yea the action was lacking but they fixed that in Part 2. These new ones are a bunch of boring action scenes and the villains are horrible

the villain was horrible in part 1 too breh. Ock is clearly the best villain in the bunch but also, I've never really been into spider man cause of the villains. Unlike Tim Burton, you could give me a spider man film without the villains and I'd be personally happy with that. A good spider man film needs to be about him and his struggle the villains to be are window dressing. I know I'm alone on that but that's just how I feel about it. And I agree the action scenes aren't as great as the other two flicks but that's a problem Marc Webb has and you can tell; he's more interested in the character stuff and personal drama. When it becomes larger than life, he loses his way

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
the villain was horrible in part 1 too breh. Ock is clearly the best villain in the bunch but also, I've never really been into spider man cause of the villains. Unlike Tim Burton, you could give me a spider man film without the villains and I'd be personally happy with that. A good spider man film needs to be about him and his struggle the villains to be are window dressing. I know I'm alone on that but that's just how I feel about it. And I agree the action scenes aren't as great as the other two flicks but that's a problem Marc Webb has and you can tell; he's more interested in the character stuff and personal drama. When it becomes larger than life, he loses his way

Yea, but reading the comics, Spidey's villains have really great and interesting back stories, which is why SP2 was such a phenomenal film; Raimi gave us a reason to really watch for Dr. ock...he was a fully fleshed out character and did not act for script sakes...he acted like we think someone in his predicament would...

As for the Green Goblin in part 1, yea, that was Raimi's first superhero flick and he got better at it, but the movie itself was fun and Tobey did a great job as Peter Parker...

As for Webb, they need a new director BAD and the series may be saved

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The villains were ridiculous and written horribly (Jamie's personality transformation was laughable)
The action scenes were boring
The ending was stupid as fukk (and you know why)

It was just bad, bad, bad.

I really don't.:yeshrug:

I had no issues with any of the things you brought up actually.

I guess we just saw different movies.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea, but reading the comics, Spidey's villains have really great and interesting back stories, which is why SP2 was such a phenomenal film; Raimi gave us a reason to really watch for Dr. ock...he was a fully fleshed out character and did not act for script sakes...he acted like we think someone in his predicament would...

As for the Green Goblin in part 1, yea, that was Raimi's first superhero flick and he got better at it, but the movie itself was fun and Tobey did a great job as Peter Parker...

As for Webb, they need a new director BAD and the series may be saved

My only issue with a new director is you may lose the character stuff. I think you need better writers first and foremost. It all starts with the script. Drew Goddard is already on the team sign him up to do spider man and let he and webb collab.

And you're right about the villains I'm just saying what works for me. Spider man himself is so compelling to me I really don't need the villains. When I read the comics only a few of his villains interest me and they've yet to use one of them: Kraven.