Sony Sacrificed the PlayStation 4 Camera to Beat Microsoft on Price

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Too bad there aren't internet articles to pull up from 95. All I can do there is guage the excitement around my block at the time. People were jazzed about the analog stick. Mario 64 with an analog stick while not impossible would not have been the same game. Madden without Kinect on the other hand.....but you're right. Only time will tell. But I suspect that you want the Kinect to be great because its on the Xbone. If Sony had released the kinect I think you'd be on the other side of the fence. Me, I don't have a dog in the fight. I just get sick of the hyperbole. I'd love to see an actual feature that really enhances the game with a Kinect and I still say you guys are overlooking the fact that barely anything Kinect wise was shown at E3 as a sign. Being able to fine tune a players movement with an analog stick was not a gimmick and I highly doubt anyone ever argued that to be the case.....but.....no internet gaming articles from 95 right? We'll see.....

Playstation gamers circa 1995 scoffed at the idea of needing an anolog stick. It wasn't very accurate at the time and there was limited gameplay experiences in which people thought an anolog stick was needed. Sound familiar:ohhh:

Oh and I like how you tried to slide a fanboy accusation in. Nah it's nothing like that. I have kids my daughter thinks dance central is the best game ever created. Me and the family have had plenty of fun playing kinect sports, fable, etc. I want the kinect to function better because I want it to enhance the way I play games.

You are showing your fanboy affiliation by trying to downplay any information about the kinect. As a gamer you should want it to succeed as well. New gameplay experiences are a good thing. Right?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Playstation gamers circa 1995 scoffed at the idea of needing an anolog stick. It wasn't very accurate at the time and there was limited gameplay experiences in which people thought an anolog stick was needed. Sound familiar:ohhh:

Oh and I like how you tried to slide a fanboy accusation in. Nah it's nothing like that. I have kids my daughter thinks dance central is the best game ever created. Me and the family have bad plenty of fun playing kinect sports, fable, etc. I want the kinect to function better because I want it to enhance the way I play games.

You are showing your fanboy affiliation by trying to downplay any information about the kinect. As a gamer you should want it to succeed as well. New gameplay experiences are a good thing. Right?
The Pheonix isn't really a fanboy, but he does have fanboyism concerns is how I'll word it.

What you said is on point about wanting new experiences. And sony gamers in particular was all for PSeye and Move when it launched. Talked about how the Move made the difference. I remember a few ppl getting the gun and using that with KZ3 and saying how it was :noah:

Then all that went away. Because it didn't catch on. So now most ppl never even tried the tech but will tell you how it can't help gaming :heh:

Thats why I'm not even tripping, once people get Xbox One into there homes and they use Kinect for the first time? We both already know how it works, those improvements will be all there needs to be said. What Pheonix is thinking will instantly disappear. People will see how this new tech can make games better/different/etc. November can't get here fast enough :ahh:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
wait a second. so you're trying to ask me why isnt kinect 2.0 not getting rid of controllers altogether already? thats a dumb question. you already know the answer to that. people are slow to change. but they have to force it on the people so they will be forced to change, even slowly. they have to slowly but surely show the people the benefits of such a product and eventually they will come around.

if you make it an accessory the only people getting it would be people like myself that KNOWS full well that its a serious piece of tech. most people dont get what it can be. so they have to be baby sat and told.
:comeon: The hell are you going on about now. No where did I say that. Quit making up stuff to stay relevant in the discussion.

Oh and I like how you tried to slide a fanboy accusation in. Nah it's nothing like that. I have kids my daughter thinks dance central is the best game ever created. Me and the family have bad plenty of fun playing kinect sports, fable, etc. I want the kinect to function better because I want it to enhance the way I play games.

I'm downplaying info because I'm not turning flips for Dance Central? I'm trying to keep the discussion realistic and you n!ggas start making excuses and posting videos and telling me why you actually plan on running around your living room playing 11 on 11 football. And when you can't give a reason why the Kinect should be mandatory and not optional you start trying to convince me that people weren't excited about the analog stick. The only reason I've heard so far as to why devs didn't have a whole host of Kinect based games other than party type games, the only thing I was given was, "Well, they haven't had enough time to make stuff for it......" You have failed to make the case for why the Kinect HAS to come packaged with the Xbone. Hell, the devs have failed to make that case. MS has failed to make it.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:comeon: The hell are you going on about now. No where did I say that. Quit making up stuff to stay relevant in the discussion.

I'm downplaying info because I'm not turning flips for Dance Central? I'm trying to keep the discussion realistic and you n!ggas start making excuses and posting videos and telling me why you actually plan on running around your living room playing 11 on 11 football. And when you can't give a reason why the Kinect should be mandatory and not optional you start trying to convince me that people weren't excited about the analog stick. The only reason I've heard so far as to why devs didn't have a whole host of Kinect based games other than party type games, the only thing I was given was, "Well, they haven't had enough time to make stuff for it......" You have failed to make the case for why the Kinect HAS to come packaged with the Xbone. Hell, the devs have failed to make that case. MS has failed to make it.
You are looking for an unrealistic answer. The answer is Kinect is built into the systems interface. Think Mass Effect, Think Halo, Think how in the future people interact with there computers via voice. Thats exactly what Xbox One is bringing to the table. You saying "I didn't ask for that" has nothing to do with anything because systems are not made according to what you asked for :manny:

They do research, they spend billions, and this is what they came up with. Will it work? Well, nobody thought AppleTV and whatever they are planning on doing is a bad idea. But since its Microsoft its "well I don't know"
Thats cool. I'm saying once its in your hands, you won't be asking these questions anymore. I'm talking after you spend 5 minutes with it. Microsoft knows this as well, true they haven't explained it that well. Its not that they didn't explain it well. Its if you don't use Kinect like that, you don't know what they talking about. Since I use Kinect I know for a fact how the new version will make everything smooth. I KNOW THIS. Not a guess. Its like explaining IOS 6 vs IOS 7. If you don't use an iPhone you could give a shyt about the upgrades. But if you used it you'd be like :whew:

Soon thats exactly how you'll be imo. You planning on even trying it out? I recall you was a tech head back on sohh. You said you get everything and take it apart? Something like that. So I know I can't bullshyt you or waste your time with bullshyt. Not trying to :shake:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

No I've given you plenty of examples of how the kinect can enhance gaming that have nothing to do with 5 on 5 football in the living room. With each example you look for a reason to downplay them. Any madden fan knows how cumbersome and time consuming it is to make changes at the line of scrimmage. If kinect can streamline that then it's well worth the $100 for madden fans.

Think about the new strategies that it adds to game play. You can set up your own audibles and voice commands And Use them to confuse your opponent. Also you can use a real hard count to draw the opponent off sides. These are very real enhancements to the core Madden experience.

As for needing to package the kinect in every Xbox. That's been thoroughly explained to you as well. First off kinect 1.0. Really wasn't powerful enough to enhance core gameplay experiences. And the fact that it wasn't packaged and every Xbox, Meant that developers didn't really have an incentive to put a bunch of resources into it. Both of those issues have been alleviated by the kinect 2.0

And without even talking about games kinect enhances the Xbox dashboard experience. It has to be packaged with every Xbox because they want the input method to become just as common as a traditional controller. Once people start using it to navigate around the dashboard then they won't even be thinking about the kinect being a peripheral anymore, it will just be part of the system. Without it, it wouldn't be an Xbox One.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No I've given you plenty of examples of how the kinect can enhance gaming that have nothing to do with 5 on 5 football in the living room. With each example you look for a reason to downplay them. Any madden fan knows how cumbersome and time consuming it is to make changes at the line of scrimmage. If kinect can streamline that then it's well worth the $100

Think about the new strategies that it adds to game play. You can set up your own audibles and voice commands And Use them to confuse your opponent. Also you can use a real hard count to draw the opponent off sides. These are very real enhancements to the core Madden experience.

As for needing to package the kinect in every Xbox. That's been thoroughly explained to you as well. First off kinect 1.0. Really wasn't powerful enough to enhance core gameplay experiences. And the fact that it wasn't packaged and every Xbox, Meant that developers didn't really have an incentive to put a bunch of resources into it. Both of those issues have been alleviated by the kinect 2.0

And without even talking about games kinect enhances the Xbox dashboard experience. It has to be packaged with every Xbox because they want the input method to become just as common as a traditional controller. Once people start using it to navigate around the dashboard then they won't even be thinking about the kinect being a peripheral anymore, it will just be part of the system. Without it, it wouldn't be an Xbox One.
This is pointless to argue then and I'm not gonna dance in circles with you. Because everything you keep saying is an optional feature. You keep trying to make it as if it isn't. They've force it on you and because you are Pro Xbone you accept it. Do you bro.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is pointless to argue then and I'm not gonna dance in circles with you. Because everything you keep saying is an optional feature. You keep trying to make it as if it isn't. They've force it on you and because you are Pro Xbone you accept it. Do you bro.

Having anolog sticks are optional features. Having shoulder buttons are optional features. HD gaming is an optional feature. Cars are optional, cell phones are optional, Hell light bulbs are optional features.

But what do they all do? Enhance/make life easier. That's innovation, and innovation usualy isn't recognized until years later. People laughed at phones needing apps the Internet and cameras, now if a phone doesn't have those things people don't want it.

And :dahell: are you talking about being "forced" if I didn't think the Xbox one was worth $500 I wouldn't buy it and that's with of without the kinect.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Having anolog sticks are optional features. Having shoulder buttons are optional features. HD gaming is an optional feature. Cars are optional, cell phones are optional, Hell light bulbs are optional features.

But what do they all do? Enhance/make life easier. That's innovation, and innovation usualy isn't recognized until years later. People laughed at phones needing apps the Internet and cameras, now if a phone doesn't have those things people don't want it.

And :dahell: are you talking about being "forced" if I didn't think the Xbox one was worth $500 I wouldn't buy it and that's with of without the kinect.
:what: Taking a shyt in the toilet instead of yourself is optional. That doesn't make your point. But I see how you are trying to dumb down the argument. We get it bro, you love Microsoft, you love the Xbone, nothing they do is questionable....have at it haus.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:what: Taking a shyt in the toilet instead of yourself is optional. That doesn't make your point. But I see how you are trying to dumb down the argument. We get it bro, you love Microsoft, you love the Xbone, nothing they do is questionable....have at it haus.

Yup. Fall back on accusing someone of being a fanboy when you realize you're argument is broken:rudy:

Your the one who's making himself sound like a fanboy. How can anything any company does be "wrong"? They make a product, some people buy it some dont end of story.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yup. Fall back on accusing someone of being a fanboy when you realize you're argument is broken:rudy:

Your the one who's making himself sound like a fanboy. How can anything any company does be "wrong"? They make a product, some people buy it some dont end of story.
:comeon: Bruh, you fell back when you said the analog stick was optional. You are no longer rational. Now I see why these other dudes stay laughing at you. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and trying to have an actual debate. You are indulge in the nonsense.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:comeon: Bruh, you fell back when you said the analog stick was optional. You are no longer rational. Now I see why these other dudes stay laughing at you. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and trying to have an actual debate. You are indulge in the nonsense.

Yeah right nikka. You've done nothing this entire thread but ask irrational questions and move goalposts to fit your narrative

I gave to plenty of examples of how kinect can ehance gameplay and You said the examples I gave were no good because they were "optional"

:dahell: how is that even a valid argument? Games themselves are optional.

Do you have anything to refute what I said other than saying "that's optional"?

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah right nikka. You've done nothing this entire thread but ask irrational questions and move goalposts to fit your narrative

I gave to plenty of examples of how kinect can ehance gameplay and You said the examples I gave were no good because they were "optional"

:dahell: how is that even a valid argument? Games themselves are optional.

Do you have anything to refute what I said other than saying "that's optional"?
:heh: Bruh, I'm the only person that stayed on topic. Read son. Read and tell me what this thread is about. Its about the PS4 taking the cam out of the package to reduce the price. People were wondering why the same thing couldn't be done for the Xbox One. Fanboys, such as yourself, stated that it had to stay in to become standard. Without the promise of it being there, devs would not take advantage of it. I pointed out that Kinect sold very well as an addon and after 3 years we have yet to see a killer app that proves that the Kinect HAS to be apart of the Xbone experience. I emphasized this by pointing out that you didn't see such app at E3.....you know where MS is basically trying to sell you the system. Thats when the conversation diverged into a big pile a shyt with your boy Rapbeats leading the charge. You could not find it in yourself to admit that the features so far shown by the MS while using the Kinect are a NOVELTY. I never said Kinect would have no use or that it was good for nothing. I agreed that the aid that the Kinect provided in some ways were helpful, just that given that you could do just about everything without it attached, that it should be optional. You act as if I came thru like Rekka and completely shytted on the Kinect and made it out to have absolutely no purpose simply because I don't feel that it HAS to come with the system. So now I'm a fanboy :leon: That's cool. I'll be that. You're still the one thats gotta live with being wrong though. :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:heh: Bruh, I'm the only person that stayed on topic. Read son. Read and tell me what this thread is about. Its about the PS4 taking the cam out of the package to reduce the price. People were wondering why the same thing couldn't be done for the Xbox One. Fanboys, such as yourself, stated that it had to stay in to become standard. Without the promise of it being there, devs would not take advantage of it. I pointed out that Kinect sold very well as an addon and after 3 years we have yet to see a killer app that proves that the Kinect HAS to be apart of the Xbone experience. I emphasized this by pointing out that you didn't see such app at E3.....you know where MS is basically trying to sell you the system.

You're wrong here. First kinect 1 and 2 are different things. You can't look at 1 of them and extrapolate what will happen with the other. 2, I've twice now explained to you why you're wrong in saying that the kinect 1 was not packaged and still sold well, therefore number 2 shouldn't be packaged with the Xbox. I'll try again.

Kinect sold well but it was very limited in capabilities therefore it was relegated to the occasional good game (dance central, kinect sports). Devs never put it into real "hardcore experiences, because it just didn't work right and there was too many requirment a person needed to get the most out of the experience(large room, correct lighting, ect) add that to the fact that MOST Xbox owners DID NOT have one. And there was no incentive for devs to really dive into it and create some new stuff.

By upgrading the kinect to improve performance and lower requirments AND making it standard with the Xbox One. Both of the problems that held the original kinect back are now gone.

And there was plenty of kinect support at both e3 and the Xbox reveal. Kinect sports is a launch title and almost every game they showed had some type of kinect enhancement.

Thats when the conversation diverged into a big pile a shyt with your boy Rapbeats leading the charge. You could not find it in yourself to admit that the features so far shown by the MS while using the Kinect are a NOVELTY.

You keep calling them a "novelty" but it's just not true. Automitc sign ins/profile switching is not a novelty. It something people will use EVERYDAY and the day they have to manually sign in they will be upset. Other than that your asking me to tell you about a game that hasn't been created yet(irrational question) when I tell you about games that COULD be enhanced you say "that's optional/novelty"(moving goalposts)

I never said Kinect would have no use or that it was good for nothing. I agreed that the aid that the Kinect provided in some ways were helpful, just that given that you could do just about everything without it attached, that it should be optional.
This same argument can be made about ANY piece of technology. None of it is "required" all of it is merely "helpful"

You act as if I came thru like Rekka and completely shytted on the Kinect and made it out to have absolutely no purpose simply because I don't feel that it HAS to come with the system. So now I'm a fanboy :leon: That's cool. I'll be that. You're still the one thats gotta live with being wrong though. :manny:

I'm not acting anything. I very rationally answered your questions and you commenced to call me a fanboy. Sounds like something rekka would do:manny:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
:trash: posts by the @PS4.

but that kinetc has GOAT troll applications. imagine someone recording your voice giving voice commands then playing that shyt back loud as fukk so the mic can pick it up

ex. youngins: lil bro uses his phone to record his bro calling timeouts/audibles. then walks up to the kinect mic, plays the audio, and calls the last time out in the 4th. Big bro cusses that nikka out and gets temp banned from Live :troll: :dead:

nba2k14 troll: lil bro either does something similar to the aforementioned scenario (for fouls) or just keeps calling for guards to intentionally foul out.

we bout to see bodies over this kicent shyt :whew:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You're wrong here. First kinect 1 and 2 are different things. You can't look at 1 of them and extrapolate what will happen with the other. 2, I've twice now explained to you why you're wrong in saying that the kinect 1 was not packaged and still sold well, therefore number 2 shouldn't be packaged with the Xbox. I'll try again.

Kinect sold well but it was very limited in capabilities therefore it was relegated to the occasional good game (dance central, kinect sports). Devs never put it into real "hardcore experiences, because it just didn't work right and there was too many requirment a person needed to get the most out of the experience(large room, correct lighting, ect) add that to the fact that MOST Xbox owners DID NOT have one. And there was no incentive for devs to really dive into it and create some new stuff.

By upgrading the kinect to improve performance and lower requirments AND making it standard with the Xbox One. Both of the problems that held the original kinect back are now gone.

And there was plenty of kinect support at both e3 and the Xbox reveal. Kinect sports is a launch title and almost every game they showed had some type of kinect enhancement.

You keep calling them a "novelty" but it's just not true. Automitc sign ins/profile switching is not a novelty. It something people will use EVERYDAY and the day they have to manually sign in they will be upset. Other than that your asking me to tell you about a game that hasn't been created yet(irrational question) when I tell you about games that COULD be enhanced you say "that's optional/novelty"(moving goalposts)

This same argument can be made about ANY piece of technology. None of it is "required" all of it is merely "helpful"

I'm not acting anything. I very rationally answered your questions and you commenced to call me a fanboy. Sounds like something rekka would do:manny:
Well, according to your boy PS4, aint nothing wrong with the first Kinect. So, you are telling me that the Kinect HAS to be packaged with every single Xbox so these devs can make use of it in ways other than we've seen. I ask you "Like what?" And you can't tell me, and since you can't tell me, its an irrational question? :rudy: You act as if just because something can be useful in some way that it can't be optional. You can't admit that having an auto sign in and having the ability to call out hot routes by voice is a novelty. You can't bring yourself to admit it because you are too afraid that someone else gonna come in here and put you in quotations and then add a few smileys :ufdup: or :bryan: The thought alone gets to you. SMH. I'll drop it right now if you can post any kind of article, link, or anything where some dev had a great idea for a Kinect game but could not do it because the infrastructure wasn't in place or because the Kinect technology just wasn't up to par. I ask for that because what it sounds like you guys are trying to say is that devs basically have to wait until after November to even start imaging what they are going to do with Kinect 2.0. I just disagree. We can go around and around all day and you can't convince me that these guys whose job it is to make games get a piece of tech like the first Kinect that everyone raved over and yet couldn't make a killer app for it because they were afraid that people wouldn't embrace it, even though they did :comeon:.