Sony Sacrificed the PlayStation 4 Camera to Beat Microsoft on Price

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Well, according to your boy PS4, aint nothing wrong with the first Kinect. So, you are telling me that the Kinect HAS to be packaged with every single Xbox so these devs can make use of it in ways other than we've seen. I ask you "Like what?" And you can't tell me, and since you can't tell me, its an irrational question? :rudy:
There is plenty wrong with the first kinect. Your talking to me not "my boy ps4 or rapbeats"

I've given you examples, but since the kinect 2.0 doesn't exist yet, there is no concrete answer I can give you. That's like asking "how will the ds4 touchpad enhance gaming."

Truth is , we won't know until some games come out. That's why your question is irrational. There is no real answer to it at this time.

You act as if just because something can be useful in some way that it can't be optional. You can't admit that having an auto sign in and having the ability to call out hot routes by voice is a novelty.
If automatic sign ins and hot routes are a "novelty" then manual sign ins and hot routes are a "novelty" as well. None of it is needed in order to play games. New technology is all about "novelty/convenience" but that doesn't mean people don't want it or don't find value in it.

You can't bring yourself to admit it because you are too afraid that someone else gonna come in here and put you in quotations and then add a few smileys :ufdup: or :bryan:
Don't give a fukk what none of you nikkas might quote. Games themselves are "novelties" we all like those novelties and play them everyday.

The thought alone gets to you. SMH. I'll drop it right now if you can post any kind of article, link, or anything where some dev had a great idea for a Kinect game but could not do it because the infrastructure wasn't in place or because the Kinect technology just wasn't up to par.
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor Review - IGN

Fable: The Journey Review - IGN

Both "hardcore" games and great ideas that weren't fully realized due to the inadequacies of the original kinect.

I ask for that because what it sounds like you guys are trying to say is that devs basically have to wait until after November to even start imaging what they are going to do with Kinect 2.0. I just disagree.
By paying for it in advance you encourage devs to use it.

Do you have any examples of how the ds4 touchpad will enhance gaming?

We can go around and around all day and you can't convince me that these guys whose job it is to make games get a piece of tech like the first Kinect that everyone raved over and yet couldn't make a killer app for it because they were afraid that people wouldn't embrace it, even though they did :comeon:.

The origanal kinect that people raved over never came out. The consumer version was severely gimped by the need to cut costs. Supposedly the kinect 2.0 does what people were "raving" over and more. Time will tell:manny:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There is plenty wrong with the first kinect. Your talking to me not "my boy ps4 or rapbeats"

I've given you examples, but since the kinect 2.0 doesn't exist yet, there is no concrete answer I can give you. That's like asking "how will the ds4 touchpad enhance gaming."

Truth is , we won't know until some games come out. That's why your question is irrational. There is no real answer to it at this time.

If automatic sign ins and hot routes are a "novelty" then manual sign ins and hot routes are a "novelty" as well. None of it is needed in order to play games. New technology is all about "novelty/convenience" but that doesn't mean people don't want it or don't find value in it.

Don't give a fukk what none of you nikkas might quote. Games themselves are "novelties" we all like those novelties and play them everyday.

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor Review - IGN

Fable: The Journey Review - IGN

Both "hardcore" games and great ideas that weren't fully realized due to the inadequacies of the original kinect.

By paying for it in advance you encourage devs to use it.

Do you have any examples of how the ds4 touchpad will enhance gaming?

The origanal kinect that people raved over never came out. The consumer version was severely gimped by the need to cut costs. Supposedly the kinect 2.0 does what people were "raving" over and more. Time will tell:manny:
I'm not paying extra for the PS4 controllers though. Unless you are trying to make the case that without the touchpads the PS4 would have been 350? I have yet to see anyone ask the guys at Sony to remove the touchpad to get the PS4's price lower. Manual sign is a novelty, but I can sign into my system for free. I don't have to pay an extra 50 bucks for the "sign in feature". Again, you are taking the fact that I called it a novelty to heart. It is a novelty, but thats not really my point. I'm not bashing the Kinect. I'm just simply saying users should have a choice and that MS taking it away from them isn't a good thing. I think it might be the wrong route to go, I could be wrong, we'll see. I just feel like those features aren't something that HAS to be in the game and could easily be left up to the consumer to decide if they want it. You say thats not a possibility because bundling it with the system, devs can't be sure users will adopt it. That point is more than fair. So I'm asking, if MS has decided this, they have to put their money where their mouth is. I'm not gonna dive feet first on faith that these great games are gonna be made now that they've taken that step. Show it to me is all I'm saying. Not voice commands for a system menu, or an in game audible. Show me something that if I didn't have the Kinect, I could not operate the system and that my user experience would be so much the poorer for it. Essentially if you say I HAVE to have it, you are telling me that without it, I can't do the things that MS has intended for me to do. But since I can turn the Kinect off, I'm positive I'll be able to sign in without it. I'm positive I can play Madden without it.

As far as Steel Battalion is concerned lets not act like the Kinect was the main problem here. Lets not act like these guys didn't make a horrible game with suspect controls and then still decided to release it.

IGN said:
Believe it or not, however, Heavy Armor’s Kinect functionality isn't even the primary culprit of its numerous failings. If this were a controller-based game, it would still be atrocious.
I'm mainly, and in earnest, not on no ole argumentative shyt here, I honestly want you to post a link where a dev is giving an interview or maybe in a twitter rant where they were just riiiiiiight there. They almost coulda made it if the Kinect was just a liiiiitle bit better or if more people had bought it and given it a chance. That would convince me.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not paying extra for the PS4 controllers though. Unless you are trying to make the case that without the touchpads the PS4 would have been 350? I have yet to see anyone ask the guys at Sony to remove the touchpad to get the PS4's price lower.
That's where the "fanboy" shyt comes in. They are separate systems with separate capabilities. It doesn't matter what the ps4 has/doesn't have it doesn't matter in my decision to purchase an Xbox. xbox comes with a kinect, ps4 doesn't. Ps4 comes with touchpad Xbox doesn't. No matter what system you buy, the "capabilities" are part of the equation.

Manual sign is a novelty, but I can sign into my system for free. I don't have to pay an extra 50 bucks for the "sign in feature". Again, you are taking the fact that I called it a novelty to heart.
:dahell: I'm not taking anything to heart

the dictionary said:
1 : something new or unusual 2 : the quality or state of being novel : newness 3 : a small manufactured article intended mainly for personal or household adornment —usually used in plural 4 : something (as a song or food item) that provides often fleeting amusement and is often based on a theme —often used attributively

:beli: tell me any piece of electronics in your house doesn't fit this definition.

It is a novelty, but thats not really my point. I'm not bashing the Kinect. I'm just simply saying users should have a choice and that MS taking it away from them isn't a good thing.
Users have a choice of whether to buy an Xbox or not. The Xbox is $500. I find value in that, some people may not:manny:

I think it might be the wrong route to go, I could be wrong, we'll see. I just feel like those features aren't something that HAS to be in the game and could easily be left up to the consumer to decide if they want it.
I disagree. None of the features HAVE to be in the games. But it's the features that will dictate which system people buy. One system has more features and costs more money, the other system has less features and costs less money:ehh: makes since to me.

You say thats not a possibility because bundling it with the system, devs can't be sure users will adopt it. That point is more than fair. So I'm asking, if MS has decided this, they have to put their money where their mouth is. I'm not gonna dive feet first on faith that these great games are gonna be made now that they've taken that step. Show it to me is all I'm saying. Not voice commands for a system menu, or an in game audible. Show me something that if I didn't have the Kinect, I could not operate the system and that my user experience would be so much the poorer for it. Essentially if you say I HAVE to have it, you are telling me that without it, I can't do the things that MS has intended for me to do. But since I can turn the Kinect off, I'm positive I'll be able to sign in without it. I'm positive I can play Madden without it.

:stopitslime: you can play games without buying a ps4 or an Xbox one. We buy new electronics because they give us new shyt. Kinect is new shyt

As far as Steel Battalion is concerned lets not act like the Kinect was the main problem here. Lets not act like these guys didn't make a horrible game with suspect controls and then still decided to release it.
It was both. They made a shyty game an released it, but the reason it was shyty is because the kinect was very limited AND it made more business sense to drop the shyty game to the small install base and cross their fingers for misinformed sales than it did to spend a bunch of money optimizing a game that a very small number of people would be able to play anyway.

I'm mainly, and in earnest, not on no ole argumentative shyt here, I honestly want you to post a link where a dev is giving an interview or maybe in a twitter rant where they were just riiiiiiight there. They almost coulda made it if the Kinect was just a liiiiitle bit better or if more people had bought it and given it a chance. That would convince me.

The Xbox One Requiring Kinect Is a Great Thing for Controllers

Kinect 2.0 can save the Xbox One | GamesRadar

http://gamingbolt.com/hideo-kojima-praises-the-xbox-one-may-integrate-kinect-and-smartglass-in-mgs-5

Xbox One's Kinect Is Legitimately Awesome - IGN

Kinect HD Is Xbox One's Best Idea - Forbes

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That's where the "fanboy" shyt comes in. They are separate systems with separate capabilities. It doesn't matter what the ps4 has/doesn't have it doesn't matter in my decision to purchase an Xbox. xbox comes with a kinect, ps4 doesn't. Ps4 comes with touchpad Xbox doesn't. No matter what system you buy, the "capabilities" are part of the equation.

:dahell: I'm not taking anything to heart

:beli: tell me any piece of electronics in your house doesn't fit this definition.

Users have a choice of whether to buy an Xbox or not. The Xbox is $500. I find value in that, some people may not:manny:

I disagree. None of the features HAVE to be in the games. But it's the features that will dictate which system people buy. One system has more features and costs more money, the other system has less features and costs less money:ehh: makes since to me.

:stopitslime: you can play games without buying a ps4 or an Xbox one. We buy new electronics because they give us new shyt. Kinect is new shyt

It was both. They made a shyty game an released it, but the reason it was shyty is because the kinect was very limited AND it made more business sense to drop the shyty game to the small install base and cross their fingers for misinformed sales than it did to spend a bunch of money optimizing a game that a very small number of people would be able to play anyway.

The Xbox One Requiring Kinect Is a Great Thing for Controllers

Kinect 2.0 can save the Xbox One | GamesRadar

http://gamingbolt.com/hideo-kojima-praises-the-xbox-one-may-integrate-kinect-and-smartglass-in-mgs-5

Xbox One's Kinect Is Legitimately Awesome - IGN

Kinect HD Is Xbox One's Best Idea - Forbes
Those links don't meet the criteria bro. Try again.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
(irrational question)

I've given you plenty of reasons and plenty of people within the industry that agree with my "reasons" there is nothing more in can do. :manny:
:rudy: No you haven't. You just told yourself that you did when you couldn't.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There are devs, business people, fans, and journalists in those links. Who else would you like to corroborate my opinion?
:stopitslime: You know that wasn't what I asked. I said to post a link to where a dev was excited about making a game with the Kinect 2.0 because they tried, or wanted to with the first one but were either too limited by the tech or MS just hadn't sold enough to justify them embarking on such an endeavor. But since apparently you can't find any dev to make such a statement, that's irrational huh?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:stopitslime: You know that wasn't what I asked. I said to post a link to where a dev was excited about making a game with the Kinect 2.0 because they tried, or wanted to with the first one but were either too limited by the tech or MS just hadn't sold enough to justify them embarking on such an endeavor. But since apparently you can't find any dev to make such a statement, that's irrational huh?

It's irrational because its a very specific request that would be very difficult to fulfill. What I have shown is that plenty of people within the industry agree with me. Do you think they are all just bias fanboys? You never hear a dev talking about what he CAN'T do. They always promote what they can/are doing. I gave you an example of a dev praising the kinect 2.0 for what he CAN do now that he couldn't do before. That's the best your gonna get.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's irrational because its a very specific request that would be very difficult to fulfill. What I have shown is that plenty of people within the industry agree with me. Do you think they are all just bias fanboys? You never hear a dev talking about what he CAN'T do. They always promote what they can/are doing. I gave you an example of a dev praising the kinect 2.0 for what he CAN do now that he couldn't do before. That's the best your gonna get.
You made the claim that the reason devs didn't take advantage o f Kinect 1.0 was because there weren't enough people to adopt the tech, and the technology wasn't advanced enough. I asked you to prove it. Show me a link or a vid or anything where a dev is raving over the Kinect 2.0 in comparison to 1.0 because 1.0 was holding him back. Devs would have mentioned something like that at some point. Not saying it would be pages and pages of Google hits, but you would be at least able to point it out. I know you would have because through all this nonsense one of yall would have thrown it in a PStans face to prove a point. The fact that you haven't thrown it in mine in this thread and posted it in big bold letters tells me that it doesn't exist. It doesn't exist because devs don't feel that way. That simple. :manny:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I've given you plenty of examples of how the kinect can enhance gaming that have nothing to do with 5 on 5 football in the living room. With each example you look for a reason to downplay them. Any madden fan knows how cumbersome and time consuming it is to make changes at the line of scrimmage. If kinect can streamline that then it's well worth the $100 for madden fans.

Think about the new strategies that it adds to game play. You can set up your own audibles and voice commands And Use them to confuse your opponent. Also you can use a real hard count to draw the opponent off sides. These are very real enhancements to the core Madden experience.

As for needing to package the kinect in every Xbox. That's been thoroughly explained to you as well. First off kinect 1.0. Really wasn't powerful enough to enhance core gameplay experiences. And the fact that it wasn't packaged and every Xbox, Meant that developers didn't really have an incentive to put a bunch of resources into it. Both of those issues have been alleviated by the kinect 2.0

And without even talking about games kinect enhances the Xbox dashboard experience. It has to be packaged with every Xbox because they want the input method to become just as common as a traditional controller. Once people start using it to navigate around the dashboard then they won't even be thinking about the kinect being a peripheral anymore, it will just be part of the system. Without it, it wouldn't be an Xbox One.

^^^i didnt even want to go there. but this is the other MAJOR reason its built into the system more or less.

thats why i'm not worried. the people are slow to new tech. they'll be alright once they see how it works. all this back n forth wont even happen after awhile.

"xbox on"

"Laker game"

(its still an hour before tip off. so i got an hour to mess around.)

"NBA LIVE 14"
"online play"

(it takes a moment to find me a match, so i go online, to check my facebook).

Facebook

as i scroll thru facebook, i see they are talking to kobe about his rehab in the corner small screen.

"laker game"

xbox one has a pop that reads "match ready"

i pick up the controller and click on the "NBA LIVE 14 window.

game is in motion.

facebook updates are still going on the side.

computers xbox ones, all the same. they are getting to the point where we are use to doing multiple things at once. MULTI-TASKING. the same thing your phone can do now with a dual core or quad core processor. the same thing your computer can do without glitching up with duo core, quad core processors. xbox one is now doing the same thing.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Here is something from ThatGameCompany the one that had all their games on ps3 before, and nothing for xbox.

Here's a quote
“A while back someone was asking me what I was looking for and I said ‘I wanted to have an input device that captures the player’s facial expressions and gestures and fingers’ I think the Kinect 2 is finally there.”

You can read more at the link
Life After Journey for ThatGameCompany - Telegraph

:obama: