Sony Sacrificed the PlayStation 4 Camera to Beat Microsoft on Price

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nba Allstar weekend with kinect will be amazing on 2k/live

3 point contest, skill competition, ect would be great with kinect support.

Same goes for the nfl combine/rookie workouts/drills.

Y'all are being very closed minded, there are plenty of ways kinect/pseye can improve hardcore game experiences.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...What can I not do? I can't run, jump, juke, spin move, tackle, switch players, etc without the controller. I can't crouch, shoot, switch weapons, investigate a box, etc without the controller///.
but thats my point. YOU CANT DO THOSE THINGS with the kinect 1.0. in the kinect 1.0 it sometimes was shaky detecting accurate movements. and the latency was a bit off.

thats probably one of the biggest reasons they (the real game) devs have yet to really put controller like moves in the hands of people using kinect. that latency is probably one of the main problems. its still a bit to much for devs liking. we are use to pressing a button on a controller and it happening in almost real time. thats not the case with kinect. perhaps by the 3.0 version if its still around. it may be ready to be a full on controller. but if i was MS i would keep pushing it on the system as a must have not an accessory. until the devs use it. again they also have to make a good enough tool to be used by the devs as well.

its getting real close. watch this video. this is the best kinect 2.0 video i've seen showing all of its features.

Watch Game|Life | New Xbox One - Kinect: Exclusive WIRED Video | Wired Video | CNE

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
but thats my point. YOU CANT DO THOSE THINGS with the kinect 1.0. in the kinect 1.0 it sometimes was shaky detecting accurate movements. and the latency was a bit off.

thats probably one of the biggest reasons they (the real game) devs have yet to really put controller like moves in the hands of people using kinect. that latency is probably one of the main problems. its still a bit to much for devs liking. we are use to pressing a button on a controller and it happening in almost real time. thats not the case with kinect. perhaps by the 3.0 version if its still around. it may be ready to be a full on controller. but if i was MS i would keep pushing it on the system as a must have not an accessory. until the devs use it. again they also have to make a good enough tool to be used by the devs as well.

its getting real close. watch this video. this is the best kinect 2.0 video i've seen showing all of its features.

Watch Game|Life | New Xbox One - Kinect: Exclusive WIRED Video | Wired Video | CNE
:stopitslime: SMH. Bruh, no one is arguing whether or not the Kinect is actually solid technology. We are talking about that tech being implemented accurately into a videogame without being a gimmick. Without being shoehorned. The fact that you actually think the reason we didn't have people running around in their living room playing Madden was due the innacurracy of the device shows that you have no clue what the argument is. It shows that you can't grasp simple concepts. It shows that you can't understand basic logic. It's shameful......really.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Or more like PS fans don't care about a gimmick spy cam on their system which will shut off a movie if too many people are in the room... In fact, eye toy existed BEFORE kinect on ps2, so tell me how is eyetoy a knockoff when it existed first?

Live actually had an advantage over PSN during its initial stages, but what real advantage does it have now, especially with the discounts and free games PSN has been giving away? Party chat? That'll be in the new PS.

:whoa:

You don't get free games breh you only rent them. Remember that.

:ufdup:

I figured I'd say it before one of the usuals does...
:lolbron:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Nba Allstar weekend with kinect will be amazing on 2k/live

3 point contest, skill competition, ect would be great with kinect support.

Same goes for the nfl combine/rookie workouts/drills.

Y'all are being very closed minded, there are plenty of ways kinect/pseye can improve hardcore game experiences.

And you just made my complete point. Those are all mini games. Subsets of the actual 49ers vs Giants game I'm trying to play.

All star weekend. In the middle of my 82 game franchise mode is not worth my time for a 100 piece of equipment. That's no vast improvement over anything. I wouldn't lose sleep if it wasn't there and I wouldn't buy a game just cause it is there.

Add ons. Voice commands. Full games devoted to it. Simple mind has nothing to do with it. I'd love a VR machine I could play FULL madden with no controller

But trying to act like 2.0 is anything more than a wii minus the sticks and plus a microphone is crazy. Notin the literal sense. The tech is amazing. How it applies to games so far, has been wii status. "Make a motion, automated response"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And you just made my complete point. Those are all mini games. Subsets of the actual 49ers vs Giants game I'm trying to play.

All star weekend. In the middle of my 82 game franchise mode is not worth my time for a 100 piece of equipment. That's no vast improvement over anything. I wouldn't lose sleep if it wasn't there and I wouldn't buy a game just cause it is there.

Add ons. Voice commands. Full games devoted to it. Simple mind has nothing to do with it. I'd love a VR machine I could play FULL madden with no controller

But trying to act like 2.0 is anything more than a wii minus the sticks and plus a microphone is crazy. Notin the literal sense. The tech is amazing. How it applies to games so far, has been wii status. "Make a motion, automated response"

Your talking about a system you will have for at least 8-10 years. $100 is not a lot of money even if it never makes it past minigame status.

To pay $400 for a system that you can't use to its fullest ability doesn't make sense to me. Even if we only talk about the features that let you automatically sign in/swith users. Then that's worth the $100 for the life of the system.

And the Wii with a microphone can't read your pulse/mood or simulate your muscles expanding or contracting, nore can it track your bone/spine movements. To act like the kinect 2.0 is as primitive as the Wii, just shows your fanboy bias. It's a very impressive piece of tech

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
To pay $400 for a system that you can't use to its fullest ability doesn't make sense to me. Even if we only talk about the features that let you automatically sign in/swith users. Then that's worth the $100 for the life of the system.
See....right there, I think you are overstating the Kinect/Move and the value. I mean, technically thats true. Lets say the "fullest ability" was measured in terms of distance......lets say 100 yards. I'm paying 400 bucks for 95 yards. So far Kinect and Move have proven to be the other 5 yards. I just feel users should be able to make the choice on whether they want it at it's "full potential" or to use your words "full ability". I could go buy Street Fighter. Some people would argue that if I don't buy a fight stick, I'm not able to unlock the full potential of Street Fighter. That's argument for another day, but the point is, I have the option. I'm sure there are some SF bundles out there that come with one of the fight sticks, but regardless of how much some people may think it adds to the game, it's still an option for the consumer to make that decision.

Now, if the Kinect drops and its as yall say and devs all of a sudden start making these amazing Kinect games, I'll gladly eat my words. You are correct, a Kinect for 100 bucks over the life of the system is not a steep price. But it still should be up to the consumer because at this point it's still just an addon. Take away voice commands, take away auto sign in on the Xbox One and the people using it will get along just fine.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: SMH. Bruh, no one is arguing whether or not the Kinect is actually solid technology. We are talking about that tech being implemented accurately into a videogame without being a gimmick. Without being shoehorned. The fact that you actually think the reason we didn't have people running around in their living room playing Madden was due the innacurracy of the device shows that you have no clue what the argument is. It shows that you can't grasp simple concepts. It shows that you can't understand basic logic. It's shameful......really.

No you dont have a clue. i'll say it again.

if everyone hears that the kinect is the MOST accurate method for passing inJOHN MADDEN. you will see more coutch potatoes throwing via the kinect. cause at the end of the day what do we want? more control and to win.

nothing will ever beat your actual body and the angle you're pointing in. no stick/controller, etc. if they ever make the kinect see you well enough with latency on the level of a controller or less.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
See....right there, I think you are overstating the Kinect/Move and the value. I mean, technically thats true. Lets say the "fullest ability" was measured in terms of distance......lets say 100 yards. I'm paying 400 bucks for 95 yards. So far Kinect and Move have proven to be the other 5 yards. I just feel users should be able to make the choice on whether they want it at it's "full potential" or to use your words "full ability". I could go buy Street Fighter. Some people would argue that if I don't buy a fight stick, I'm not able to unlock the full potential of Street Fighter. That's argument for another day, but the point is, I have the option. I'm sure there are some SF bundles out there that come with one of the fight sticks, but regardless of how much some people may think it adds to the game, it's still an option for the consumer to make that decision.

Now, if the Kinect drops and its as yall say and devs all of a sudden start making these amazing Kinect games, I'll gladly eat my words. You are correct, a Kinect for 100 bucks over the life of the system is not a steep price. But it still should be up to the consumer because at this point it's still just an addon. Take away voice commands, take away auto sign in on the Xbox One and the people using it will get along just fine.
Your first line is all kinds of fail because you are underestimating how crucial Kinect 2.0 is. You think Devs will be slow to take advantage of it, that will not be the case. Microsoft made the system, they talk with Devs. If nobody wanted it, it wouldn't be here. A lot of people for instance bought the Wii, but most people are not qualified to talk to you about Wii games because 99% of gamers didn't play anything on Wii outside of a few big named titles. That goes the same for Kinect. As a person who uses Kinect til this day I can assure you that gaming has taken steps forward because of Kinect. I keep saying I couldn't even play Madden anymore without it. Thats a huge "hello" moment for Kinect. Now everything works with it, its smooth now, its even as smart as Siri and higher tech inside. People went crazy over Siri. Now we about to have an advanced Siri in our homes. How does anyone see that as a bad idea? I dont' know, but you wrong if you think that. You won't think this way when its in your hands. I put my mechanical balls on it :drool:
There are grown men who want to throw imaginary footballs in their living rooms?

:what:

:pachaha:

Game is MAD fun. Kinect Sports is one of the best games EVER MADE

if everyone hears that the kinect is the MOST accurate method for passing inJOHN MADDEN. you will see more coutch potatoes throwing via the kinect. cause at the end of the day what do we want? more control and to win.

nothing will ever beat your actual body and the angle you're pointing in. no stick/controller, etc. if they ever make the kinect see you well enough with latency on the level of a controller or less.
Kinect 2.0 has NO LATENCY whatsoever doggy. Kinect 1.0 had 1 to 1 in certain games. Ave was not this noticeable delay, you don't have to "account" for the lag input so nikkaz is just straight up lying and spreaing other ppls lies :smh:
The video above is lag free when you play. Holla atcha boi :boss:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps

:heh: You are fixated on passing the ball. What about the rest of the game. How is the kinect going to enhance the running game or your defensive play? You are basically turning the game into a party game because the only thing you can come up with is the Kinect allowing you to throw the ball.........and oh kicking field goals. :stopitslime:

You seriously dont think that these devs have seen Kinect 2.0 yet? All that talk about MS and the NFL during E3 and these dudes didn't find any way whatsoever to implement what you are talking about? How many more years are we gonna be waiting? I want you to stop and think about it for a second. No.....really sit back and just ponder and I want to hear your idea for the Kinect style running game in Madden 2014......or 2015 for that matter.....since we need to give them some time. Keep in mind, this can't be a gimmick. This has to be a real feature that can only be accomplished with a kinect and will enhance the running game. We'll forget the rest of the game, lets just for fun tackle one thing at a time.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: You are fixated on passing the ball. What about the rest of the game. How is the kinect going to enhance the running game or your defensive play? You are basically turning the game into a party game because the only thing you can come up with is the Kinect allowing you to throw the ball.........and oh kicking field goals. :stopitslime:

You seriously dont think that these devs have seen Kinect 2.0 yet? All that talk about MS and the NFL during E3 and these dudes didn't find any way whatsoever to implement what you are talking about? How many more years are we gonna be waiting? I want you to stop and think about it for a second. No.....really sit back and just ponder and I want to hear your idea for the Kinect style running game in Madden 2014......or 2015 for that matter.....since we need to give them some time. Keep in mind, this can't be a gimmick. This has to be a real feature that can only be accomplished with a kinect and will enhance the running game. We'll forget the rest of the game, lets just for fun tackle one thing at a time.
you're laughing, talking about i'm stuck on one facet. uhhh thats enough by itself. if you could throw the ball in madden/ncaa more accurately. that woudl be enough to put K2.0 over the top.

and yes they could simulate running. how do i know this? because they have fitness games that track your running right now. that football game shown above shows you running as well. yes it can be done. with legit jukes. not everyone would do it. but enough people would.

it could get to the point where you would hear about legit nfl players actually using it as a workout/regimen and a hint of practice.

but you will say thats nonsense. no.. its not. the same thing happen with that nascar game once people got serious about the Steering wheel. once that was tightened up. and the makers of the nascar game tightened their game up. REAL LIFE PROFESSIONAL racers started using that game to train for tracks.

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
I'm a gamer so I'm not really interested in what Xboxone has to offer

the tv bells n whistle sh1t is cool but I'd rather not have my console on for hours at a time watching movies or tv shows.

45 mins of gaming time here and there is all I ask of it.

I never even watched a single movie on my 360 or PS3 this gen. The number 1 killer of computers/consoles etc is overheating so the less often I use it the better.

My stand alone bluray player handles the rest of my multimedia needs.

I could understand why some folks would find it convenient to have everything coming out of one box, but I'd rather not overkill my ish. That's probably the main reason why my Launch PS2 and launch PSX still work perfectly fine. Moderation.

:manny: