Sony isn't playing fair man...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I take it you never played The Order 1886? Horizon? UC4?

1EJ2muV.gif

z9FL3vX.gif

3mtY6cj.gif

Not even sure what you're disagreeing about here.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What you worried about? Xbox X is supposed to make that clip look turbo graphix 16 status right?
U know what's funny? The Xbox One X even being more powerful won't really hold a candle to Sony's best 1st party studios graphically. Naughty Dog, Guerilla, Sony Santa Monica etc are fukking wizards and pull off some crazy shyt with what they're given. It's like how UC4 even on a regular PS4 can still look stupid wild in comparison to a beefed up PC. I was always more impressed by the details, animations and attention to this shyt in UC4 than say a 3rd party game on a powerful PC. The only trump card(no pun intended) is better hardware=better IQ and framerate.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
U know what's funny? The Xbox One X even being more powerful won't really hold a candle to Sony's best 1st party studios graphically. Naughty Dog, Guerilla, Sony Santa Monica etc are fukking wizards and pull off some crazy shyt with what they're given. It's like how UC4 even on a regular PS4 can still look stupid wild in comparison to a beefed up PC. I was always more impressed by the details, animations and attention to this shyt in UC4 than say a 3rd party game on a powerful PC. The only trump card(no pun intended) is better hardware=better IQ and framerate.
We call those, Sony stan glasses breh :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How do God Of War, Detroit and Spiderman have the same mechanics as ND games? :comeon:

Days Gone looks like Horizon i.e. taking mechanics from a multitude of different games.
In the case of GOW and Spider-Man they've all taken the general idea. Obviously they are different genres, but the super cinematic, set piece driven pacing is what they are shooting for.

Especially in the case of GOW.

It looks like GOW if naught dog made it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

We call those, Sony stan glasses breh :mjlol:
I agree with both of you to an extent on this.
The problem I think comes from what people are judging to be "good graphics".
Case in point, you have people on this board saying with a straight face that the graphics in Zelda BOTW look way better than Horizon.
You have art direction/styles that kind of throw everything out of whack when it comes to having a concrete definition of "good graphics".
That being said, I'll cede to @Fatboi1 that certain devs, such as naughty dog and guerilla games, have done an incredible jobs when it comes to their overall presentations.
To @MeachTheMonster 's point though, imagine what those same devs would be able to accomplish with the power of the XB1X. We'll see relatively soon what the 1X is really going to offer, but I have no reason to believe that the games on that platform won't look better than PS4 games. It's going to depend on the skill of the devs, but with a system that powerful their jobs are going to be much easier, at least I would imagine so.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Case in point, you have people on this board saying with a straight face that the graphics in Zelda BOTW look way better than Horizon.
You have art direction/styles that kind of throw everything out of whack when it comes to having a concrete definition of "good graphics".
That being said, I'll cede to @Fatboi1 that certain devs, such as naughty dog and guerilla games, have done an incredible jobs when it comes to their overall presentations.
To @MeachTheMonster 's point though, imagine what those same devs would be able to accomplish with the power of the XB1X. We'll see relatively soon what the 1X is really going to offer, but I have no reason to believe that the games on that platform won't look better than PS4 games. It's going to depend on the skill of the devs, but with a system that powerful their jobs are going to be much easier, at least I would imagine so.
Get out of here with this middle ground bullshyt. Go post on Resetera :camby:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
In the case of GOW and Spider-Man they've all taken the general idea. Obviously they are different genres, but the super cinematic, set piece driven pacing is what they are shooting for.

I think you tend to exaggerate the "set piece driven" narrative a bit.
The set pieces in these games are almost always used in trailers to show off the game, but in the actual games themselves, these set pieces are not the driving force behind the games.
It's not like 50% or more of the game is set pieces and QTEs.
In the PS2 era, we used to have game play that would build up to a cut scene with significantly better graphics than the actual game play portions.
Today, with the advancements in graphics, I think we've seen that idea morphed into taking what would have been a cut scene and making it actually playable.
Gears of War is full of similar moments with "set pieces" and obvious game mechanics that drive the player in a linear direction despite the little routes sprinkled in.
There's nothing wrong with set pieces or cinematic elements in any game. The problem comes when the game relies primarily on that. A glaring example of that to me is Hellblade and Quantum Break. Games that lean more towards cinematic experience while disguising themselves as a game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There is a certain level of "art style vs graphics" but people on here overrate whatever game they're currently stanning. No matter what games we are comparing the Sony one looks better.

What I will say is that it's more up to the devs priorities than their "skill". Majority of Sony games are cinematic in nature with a realistic art style, therefore a huge and sometimes number one priority for their devs is graphics. Sony also does a great job with trailers and promo. Leading up to release we get all this media that takes some artistic liberties to make the game look better(when everybody else does them we call them bullshots and downgrades) and then stans like @Fatboi1 post thousands of GIFs that look better than the game will ever look, and then they tell themselves the gameplay still looks like that :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think you tend to exaggerate the "set piece driven" narrative a bit.
The set pieces in these games are almost always used in trailers to show off the game, but in the actual games themselves, these set pieces are not the driving force behind the games.
It's not like 50% or more of the game is set pieces and QTEs.
In the PS2 era, we used to have game play that would build up to a cut scene with significantly better graphics than the actual game play portions.
Today, with the advancements in graphics, I think we've seen that idea morphed into taking what would have been a cut scene and making it actually playable.
Gears of War is full of similar moments with "set pieces" and obvious game mechanics that drive the player in a linear direction despite the little routes sprinkled in.
There's nothing wrong with set pieces or cinematic elements in any game. The problem comes when the game relies primarily on that. A glaring example of that to me is Hellblade and Quantum Break. Games that lean more towards cinematic experience while disguising themselves as a game.
There's a clear "style" of game Sony tends to make. GOW is a clear shift to that style. It may be difficult to put it exact into words, but you can feel that design philosophy in a lot of games since uncharted. And not all of them are 3rd person shooters.

It's not even a diss. People obviously like that style of game. Uncharted is Sony's most successful franchise other than GT, so it makes sense they'd shift their priorities to that style of game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
There's a clear "style" of game Sony tends to make. GOW is a clear shift to that style. It may be difficult to put it exact into words, but you can feel that design philosophy in a lot of games since uncharted. And not all of them are 3rd person shooters.

It's not even a diss. People obviously like that style of game. Uncharted is Sony's most successful franchise other than GT, so it makes sense they'd shift their priorities to that style of game.
I hear you, and agree. I think sometimes you make it sound like (this is my perception of some of your posts. I'm not pretending to read minds or intentions) PS4 Stans are playing "movie games" that have little to no game play. I would disagree with that notion. Maybe you're saying it as exaggeration/sarcasm for jokes, in which case I'm 100% for that cause I joke the same exact way.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Your putting that kindergarten designed cell shaded remedial school bullshyt over HORIZON?!?!? :mjlol::heh:
Absolutely. And you know you're furious about. When I look in the mirror in the morning and then look at Zelda breathe of the wild I can't tell the two apart. Horizon looks like some CG animation cut straight out of Final Fantasy 7. :heh: :umad:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You've no idea how set piece driven either of these games. :camby: