Sony isn't playing fair man...

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Talk about the design philosophy and the gameplay mechanics of unreleased games based on two trailers with a few minutes of gameplay brehs.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus, these games don't exist in a vacuum, they are complemented by other games sony has on offer. From GT Sport, Hidden Agenda, Matterfall, Everybody Golf, etc.

Exactly this. Sony has dropped GT, Driveclub, Knack, Gravity Rush, Everybody's Golf, Until Dawn, Ratchet & Clank and will drop stuff like a new Tennis game, Detroit etc. No other company has such variety of releases.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I hear you, and agree. I think sometimes you make it sound like (this is my perception of some of your posts. I'm not pretending to read minds or intentions) PS4 Stans are playing "movie games" that have little to no game play. I would disagree with that notion. Maybe you're saying it as exaggeration/sarcasm for jokes, in which case I'm 100% for that cause I joke the same exact way.
Yeah it's kinda jokes but kinda real.

It's games where it seems the devs first priority was creating a cinematic experience. Obviously the games have "gameplay" but the gameplay seems more of a vehicle to get the story/experience across instead of the main focus of the game.

Interestingly thinking of my disdain for "movie games" Detroit is probably my most anticipated game on that list. It really literally is a movie game. The distinction is in that I as the player control the movie, therefore the movie becomes the game, as opposed to something like uncharted where the game is dictated by the movie.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You've no idea how set piece driven either of these games. :camby:
There is a considerable amount of raw GOW gameplay out there and the pacing is very similar to a Naughty Dog game.

Spider-Man all they've shown is set pieces so......:francis:

Talk about the design philosophy and the gameplay mechanics of unreleased games based on two trailers with a few minutes of gameplay brehs.
Trailers exist for the sole purpose of conveying what the devs want you to perceive the game as.

Compare that Spider-Man trailer to any other insomniac game. It doesn't even look like insomniac made it. And you can't even blame it on the source material. A witty, comedic, insomniac style playground would be amazing for a spider-man game.

This looks like a generic Arakahm/uncharted clone with spider paint.:smh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
There is a considerable amount of raw GOW gameplay out there and the pacing is very similar to a Naughty Dog game.

Spider-Man all they've shown is set pieces so......:francis:

Trailers exist for the sole purpose of conveying what the devs want you to perceive the game as.

Compare that Spider-Man trailer to any other insomniac game. It doesn't even look like insomniac made it. And you can't even blame it on the source material. A witty, comedic, insomniac style playground would be amazing for a spider-man game.

This looks like a generic Arakahm/uncharted clone with spider paint.:smh:
This is true to an extent. The purpose of a trailer is to generate interest that leads to sales.
Trailers almost always show explosions, a bunch of fast paced cuts, and a few dramatic moments.
What was the last trailer we saw with in game shots of menus, multiplayer, and non set-piece moments?
Every trailer I've seen the last decade is all fluff to generate hype. Movies do the same thing.
The point is, I don't agree that the SOLE purpose of trailers is to give the viewer an idea of what the game is like.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is true to an extent. The purpose of a trailer is to generate interest that leads to sales.
Trailers almost always show explosions, a bunch of fast paced cuts, and a few dramatic moments.
What was the last trailer we saw with in game shots of menus, multiplayer, and non set-piece moments?
Every trailer I've seen the last decade is all fluff to generate hype. Movies do the same thing.
The point is, I don't agree that the SOLE purpose of trailers is to give the viewer an idea of what the game is like.
Obviously they aren't showing menues. Although I think spintires did in their trailer:heh:

And yes the games want to show the most exciting moments, but there is still a level of conveyance of the general pacing/moment to moment gameplay.

As I said above Compare Spider-Man trailers to any other insomniac game and you will see a big difference in the style of game they are trying to portray.

Last edited:
Daps
Expect ps5 in 2019

That's a dope line up tho

Nah not when they have all these games out in 2018

I heard 2020 is when they dropping it.

I just think that's shytty that the PS4 will peak right before they drop a new one. There wasn't even a reason to buy one until 2016

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Absolutely. And you know you're furious about. When I look in the mirror in the morning and then look at Zelda breathe of the wild I can't tell the two apart. Horizon looks like some CG animation cut straight out of Final Fantasy 7. :heh: :umad:

You sound like a fukking hater right now HORIZON IS MILES beyond Zelda and FF7 CG cutscenes!!!! :laff::umad:

HORIZON looks like CGI cutscenes?!?:mjgrin:

:mjlol::laff: I'm dying here...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You sound like a fukking hater right now HORIZON IS MILES beyond Zelda and FF7 CG cutscenes!!!! :laff::umad:

What is this some kind of joke? :gucci:You need to get your eyes checked. There no way in HELL you can tell me with a straight face the Horizon is any where NEAR as good as Zelda BOTW in terms of graphics. You Sony Stans are beyond pathetic for real. :scusthov:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You clearly are blind.

BOTW is leagues ahead of Horizon purely from a graphics standpoint.

Can u create a fire and soar over it in real time in Horizon? Nuff said LMAO hell to the naw

The Exchanges

All Star
Daps
What is this some kind of joke? :gucci:You need to get your eyes checked. There no way in HELL you can tell me with a straight face the Horizon is any where NEAR as good as Zelda BOTW in terms of graphics. You Sony Stans are beyond pathetic for real. :scusthov:

:skip:

Both are beautiful games but come on. They may have different art-styles but one is clearly better and it isn't BOTW.