Sony has acquired Travis Scott :mjlol:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I swear to god outside of here I never hear of this dude at all...music, casual convo or anything but we are in our 30s and it’s probably the fact that dude just not in our crowd nor catering to it :manny:
I asked my 12 year old niece if Travis Scott is old school and she said, "Kinda"

:wow:

I asked her about Drake, Beyonce and Rihanna and she was like they def old school.

The kids will let you know how old you are

:mjlol:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watch his Netflix Documentary for his Astroworld Album.

All you old ass nikkas have Netflix, it's well produced, dude is like the male Beyonce of hip-hop when it comes to live performances.

I remember YEARS ago my little brother dragged me to one of his concerts at Metro here in Chicago. This dude was headlining with like 1 song that was poppin, I believe it was Upper Echelon. He performed that shyt like 5 times in his set

No lie tho, I could tell then that he was an amazing performer by how he moved the crowd with a completely minimal catalog. That shyt was lit, but it was standing room only so my feet and back were on fire.

:flabbynsick:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Watch his Netflix Documentary for his Astroworld Album.

All you old ass nikkas have Netflix, it's well produced, dude is like the male Beyonce of hip-hop when it comes to live performances.

I remember YEARS ago my little brother dragged me to one of his concerts at Metro here in Chicago. This dude was headlining with like 1 song that was poppin, I believe it was Upper Echelon. He performed that shyt like 5 times in his set

No lie tho, I could tell then that he was an amazing performer by how he moved the crowd with a completely minimal catalog. That shyt was lit, but it was standing room only so my feet and back were on fire.

:flabbynsick:

Yeah, you old too, fool.

Is his catalog still limited tho? Cuz I find it weird that even among the "many" old heads in here saying they don't know shyt by him, lol. Like, who got the deeper catalog, him...or Jay Electronica, lol?!

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I asked my 12 year old niece if Travis Scott is old school and she said, "Kinda"

:wow:

I asked her about Drake, Beyonce and Rihanna and she was like they def old school.

The kids will let you know how old you are

who does she consider “new”?

that’s one thing I miss about teaching...these high schoolers kept me in the loop as far as new music...I remember some kid asked me if I knew who “lil uzi vert” was several years ago...at the time I had no idea who he was so I said “no”...as I walked away I heard him whisper to his friend “...see? Told you he didn’t know about hip hop.” maaan I wanted to curse that little dude out so badly lmaooo...at the time I had easily been listening to rap for twice as long as he’d been alive plus a few years extra on top of that...but he gonna say I don’t know hip hop cuz I didn’t know one damn rapper lol...but ya they kept me up to date on who was who tho lol...outside of the booth I don’t really check for new shyt anymore

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, you old too, fool.

Is his catalog still limited tho? Cuz I find it weird that even among the "many" old heads in here saying they don't know shyt by him, lol. Like, who got the deeper catalog, him...or Jay Electronica, lol?!

He got like 5 studio albums out.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Right. Once again, yall sound goofy trying act like it’s only young boys who listen to Travis Scott like he hasn’t been around since like 2013 and didn’t just perform at the Super Bowl. :rudy:

Every rapper you listen to got a Travis feature
Games running in a lower resolution and frame rate? Don't worry about this 1440p, look at Travis Scott in dance dance revolution it's amazing

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
who does she consider “new”?

that’s one thing I miss about teaching...these high schoolers kept me in the loop as far as new music...I remember some kid asked me if I knew who “lil uzi vert” was several years ago...at the time I had no idea who he was so I said “no”...as I walked away I heard him whisper to his friend “...see? Told you he didn’t know about hip hop.” maaan I wanted to curse that little dude out so badly lmaooo...at the time I had easily been listening to rap for twice as long as he’d been alive plus a few years extra on top of that...but he gonna say I don’t know hip hop cuz I didn’t know one damn rapper lol...but ya they kept me up to date on who was who tho lol...outside of the booth I don’t really check for new shyt anymore
NBA Youngboy
Lil Durk
NLE Choppa
Polo G
G Herbo
Summer Walker

They really shouldn't be listening to any of them tho

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
He got like 5 studio albums out.

So no like no lie, I actually just listed to the majority of the Astroworld album on my way to Harold's (what you know about that @GoldenGlove :youngsabo:; and slam saw someone there that at first glance, looked like Freddie Gibbs) and I can legit say...I'm whatever about ever listening to anything else by duke.:yeshrug: He not terrible, nor was the album or anything yaknow, but I'm good.

tenor.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So no like no lie, I actually just listed to the majority of the Astroworld album on my way to Harold's (what you know about that @GoldenGlove :youngsabo:; and slam saw someone there that at first glance, looked like Freddie Gibbs) and I can legit say...I'm whatever about ever listening to anything else by duke.:yeshrug: He not terrible, nor was the album or anything yaknow, but I'm good.

tenor.gif

I mean I ain’t trying to convert you into a Travis fan I’m just saying, he’s a big artist lol That was literally my only argument I just thought it was weird how people kept coming in here to be like “who?” When he’s been around a while, he’s not a new artist or indie.

It’s like someone saying “who?” To drake or kendrick. And I’m in my 30’s so I’m an old nikka too but Travis been out since i was like 26