SONY Execs Warned Not To Cast Denzel Washington In Big Budget Movies Because Black Leads Flop

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So either Eddie and Will are somehow rare exceptions to the rule,

You answered your own question.....Eddie Murphy should be mentioned with the greats....but he is not...even tho his Box Office receipts say otherwise....

And another thing you don't understand is that Eddie did it before the age of political correctness.......PC has exaggerated bigotry to an extent........

Yall wouldn't understand unless you came up in it

Maximus

All Star
Daps
You answered your own question.....Eddie Murphy should be mentioned with the greats....but he is not...even tho his Box Office receipts say otherwise....

And another thing you don't understand is that Eddie did it before the age of political correctness.......PC has exaggerated bigotry to an extent........

Yall wouldn't understand unless you came up in it

Well, I heard the Reagan era '80s were pretty conservative and racist. But I can't personally speak on it.

I think Eddie is universally considered one of the greatest comedians of all-time. Studios never had a problem investing bid budgets into his films following the success of "Beverly Hills Cop." The problem is Eddie wasted those budgets on films like "The Adventures of Pluto Nash" and the likes.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Well, maybe we should protest all Sony products and productions. :sas1:

Seriously, the likes of Anonymous will hack onto other emails from Movie companies and record execs and see the fireworks pop off.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, I heard the Reagan era '80s were pretty conservative and racist. But I can't personally speak on it.

I think Eddie is universally considered one of the greatest comedians of all-time. Studios never had a problem investing bid budgets into his films following the success of "Beverly Hills Cop." The problem is Eddie wasted those budgets on films like "The Adventures of Pluto Nash" and the likes.

Compare Eddie to a white comedian\actor that is in his lane....:sas1:

Maximus

All Star
Daps
Compare Eddie to a white comedian\actor that is in his lane....:sas1:

In terms of being a big box office draw, the only one I can think of is Jim Carrey - and he's not exactly in-demand these days.

Adam Sandler would be another one.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Does that shyt about overseas audiences have some truth to it.....or is it just a cop-out :patrice:
cop out - afterearth made 80% of its profit overseas. will smith absolutely SMASHES it every single time abroad. in fact thats why they use him, hes loved overseas. folks in the States think hes a bit corny.

actors do well...actresses...not so much.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Perry and Oprah

Speaking to CNN, Oprah Winfrey offered another take on the leaks. "I would hope that we would not stand in such harsh judgment of a moment in time where someone was hacked and their private conversations were put before the world," Winfrey said.

Producer, director and actor Tyler Perry echoed Winfrey's statements in a separate interview with CNN.

"I think we all make stupid mistakes, and may say stupid things or a joke here or there, but unfortunately this all came back to haunt [Amy Pascal]," Perry said. "But I do not believe she is a racist."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/15/ava-duvernay-sony-emails_n_6329276.html
c00ns defending cacs. what else is new...:yawn:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:mjlol:

White jews aint hated worldwide....

stop with this fake militant shyt

Anitsemitism is on the rise. Whether or not people are justified in their opinions is an entirely different discussion. Read this report from the anti defemation league for more detailed analysis:

http://archive.adl.org/anti_semitism/adl_anti-semitism_presentation_february_2012.pdf

instead of calling people fake militants, perhaps you should look outside your own false opinions

negged

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So... What do they have to say about the numbers Exdous did? I know it was done by a different company but there were no black people to blame for it flopping
c00ns are quick to defend racist logic. Its pathetic.

There are a long list of movies with black actors that have done great numbers. The exces of this company are racists and sadly, many blacks have accepted this inferiority complex and assumed it to be factual. Thank god not all blacks think like alot of the self hating c00ns on this forum do.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Well, maybe we should protest all Sony products and productions. :sas1:

Seriously, the likes of Anonymous will hack onto other emails from Movie companies and record execs and see the fireworks pop off.

I've been protesting Sony and sony products for a hot minute though. Sadly, there are many proSony clowns in the rec room. I'm sure they may be self haters though sadly.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

How you claim to be Nigerian and don't even know about the country, fakkit

Then again this nikkas hoe ass daddy ran like the bytch he is to the Whites man land where he had this confused dusty negro

Don't quote me again, hoe nikka :mjlol:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

Call yourself "Nigerian" but be born in America to a daddy wit a vagina. Be "Nigerian" and question what oil has to do with Nollywood when the Naira's value is based off the commodity. And you got no hoes.........................................................fakkit :laff:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Idk why some ppl say "Equalizer" was a bad movie as a reason it did bad in the box office ....when it did not

The $55 million (budget) "Equalizer" gross over $191 million globally, with about 50% of the total coming from overseas markets . Also keep in mind that this was an R-rated movie, which limits its audience, and it wasnt exactly his best film. Its the 27th highest grossing films of 2014.

With those figures it's puzzling to agrue......

If we talking about 65% overseas...
Tom C, George Clooney, Brad P., and other "A" list white actors of a certain age arent consistent box office performers, domestic and overseas. Also Will Smith, a black actor one of a small handful of actors who can claim near-box office dominance domestically and overseas. Even his domestic "misses" perform very well overseas.

But these e-mails are strategies on how to maximize peofits from the sale of property. Like most systems, Hollywood can easily influenced by the mere bias of those in power.

Nothing more than commodities to be brought, sold, and traded. The "Blaxploitation era" films kept Hollywood afloat for a good 3-4 years stretch on some Jackie Robinsons and black dudes in the MLB... they don't want to hear that. dont let the master manipulator trick you

Omens..omens...omens