SONY Execs Warned Not To Cast Denzel Washington In Big Budget Movies Because Black Leads Flop

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Well you can blame black people for it flopping...

Because we didn't go out to see it.. Lolol

I did out of curiosity..lol

Im a fan of the 10 Commandments movie. I had to see how they did this version. Movie was just awful.

So It flopped huh?? I can see that. My theater wasnt even packed for it

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Well you can blame black people for it flopping...

Because we didn't go out to see it.. Lolol
3qnfwe.jpg

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I'm just trying to figure out why these so called hackers are going after Sony? Why don't they go after the federal government?
North Korea -- allegedly they hacked Sony because of some movie on the life of Kim Jong Un.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...t-north-korea-for-sony-hacking-attack-formal/

So Sony is letting movie theatres out of their contract with regards to the movie, cuz North Korea also threatened to carry out bombings of theatres which showed it :yeshrug:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
North Korea -- allegedly they hacked Sony because of some movie on the life of Kim Jong Un.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...t-north-korea-for-sony-hacking-attack-formal/

So Sony is letting movie theatres out of their contract with regards to the movie, cuz North Korea also threatened to carry out bombings of theatres which showed it :yeshrug:

this is gangster... I just wonder whats gonna stop them from punking Sony again?

Whats next? no more Play Stations or Madden? yall nyggas would die:skip:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
c00ns are quick to defend racist logic. Its pathetic.

There are a long list of movies with black actors that have done great numbers. The exces of this company are racists and sadly, many blacks have accepted this inferiority complex and assumed it to be factual. Thank god not all blacks think like alot of the self hating c00ns on this forum do.
That's why I ride so hard for Black&Sexy TV on YouTube & companies like it. There are few black directed, written, scripted successful TV shows & movies now. They also keep their actors from looking like c00ns in the process.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
There has always been a steady stream of racist shyt involving sony for many years. From their racist ad campaign courtesy of SONY GAMING that they ran back in the day:

psp_white.jpg

Even the God Mike Jackson (RIP) even called out the execs at sony music for the way they were jerking black artists. Ahttp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/712171/posts

Plus these emails show the Sony Pictures division are ran by racist a$$holes. Even the artists they pay "millions" of dollars, they clearly have no respect for. Hence the reason these artists are typically discarded like used tampons when they've ran their course.

So Sony gaming, Sony Music, and Sony Pictures have all been called out for being involved in racist situations. Coincidence? I think not.

I'll even go as far as to say any black person openly caping for these den of racists is likely a self hater, newblack, or "colorblind".

:yeshrug:

You have a point, also the other entertainment companies probably feel the same about black people. So the main thing is to try to support black owned entertainment , if you don't want to spend money on companies with white supremacist ideologies.

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know...something doesn't feel right about this. Eddie Murphy's 1988 film, "Coming To America," grossed $128,152,301 million domestically($255,818,208 million when adjusted for inflation) and $160 million non-domestic($319 million adjusted) - and that's an all black film.

His 1996 film, "The Nutty Professor," grossed $128,814,019($193.8 million adj) and $145,147,000 non-domestic($218,461,499 adj.) - another predominately black film.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=comingtoamerica.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=nuttyprofessor.htm

The Beverly Hills Cop movies also did well internationally.

People have already mentioned the international success of Will Smith. So either Eddie and Will are somehow rare exceptions to the rule, or they were the only black men to get a fair shot in terms of international marketing/promotion. If they are infact rare exceptions, then I have to ask - what makes them so exceptional? Especially Eddie Murphy to the point where international audiences are willing to support his predominately black films("Coming To America" and "The Nutty Professor") in mass numbers in the '80s and '90s nontheless? Something about that doesn't quite add up.

Thanks for pulling stats. I didn't have the chance too. But yea really they just making up ex post facto reasons for their racism. Way I see it is black actors in high money films have a perfect batting average. Never been exodus or waterworld flops led by blacks. Only one I can think of is Will Smiths after earth joint but he produced that. In fact, I think they set out to destroy him because he had the gall to produce it and keep it in the family so they had critics slam it. shyt had like 10% on rotten tomatoe and shyt, wasn't even that bad.

Also didn't Jaden smith do okay on Karate Kid? Black movies stay making more than they cost to make cause they're low budget yet you still don't have people willing to invest. Took ten years for best man and the original made money.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Wait I got this wrong so SONY aint racist
Nah they racist. If ppl really read the shyt but most won't.

to explain that 18 point disparity, the producer blamed Denzel's skin color. The assumed racism of the international audience was blamed. Also its proof that discrimination's happening. Now there's evidence and the thinking behind the lack of people of color in mainstream movies.it is like the broader narrative about blacks in America and generally.

Idk why some ppl say "Equalizer" was a bad movie as a reason it did bad in the box office ....when it did not

The $55 million (budget) "Equalizer" gross over $191 million globally, with about 50% of the total coming from overseas markets . Also keep in mind that this was an R-rated movie, which limits its audience, and it wasnt exactly his best film. Its the 27th highest grossing films of 2014.

With those figures it's puzzling to agrue......

If we talking about 65% overseas...
Tom C, George Clooney, Brad P., and other "A" list white actors of a certain age arent consistent box office performers, domestic and overseas. Also Will Smith, a black actor one of a small handful of actors who can claim near-box office dominance domestically and overseas. Even his domestic "misses" perform very well overseas.

But these e-mails are strategies on how to maximize peofits from the sale of property. Like most systems, Hollywood can easily influenced by the mere bias of those in power.

Nothing more than commodities to be brought, sold, and traded. The "Blaxploitation era" films kept Hollywood afloat for a good 3-4 years stretch on some Jackie Robinsons and black dudes in the MLB... they don't want to hear that. dont let the master manipulator trick you

Omens..omens...omens

Daps
Nah they racist. If ppl really read the shyt but most won't.

to explain that 18 point disparity, the producer blamed Denzel's skin color. The assumed racism of the international audience was blamed. Also its proof that discrimination's happening. Now there's evidence and the thinking behind the lack of people of color in mainstream movies.it is like the broader narrative about blacks in America and generally.

I meant to put a ? Mark at the end of my question. I figured SONY was racist. No PS4 4 me