SONY Execs Warned Not To Cast Denzel Washington In Big Budget Movies Because Black Leads Flop

Maximus

All Star
Daps
Thanks for pulling stats. I didn't have the chance too. But yea really they just making up ex post facto reasons for their racism. Way I see it is black actors in high money films have a perfect batting average. Never been exodus or waterworld flops led by blacks. Only one I can think of is Will Smiths after earth joint but he produced that. In fact, I think they set out to destroy him because he had the gall to produce it and keep it in the family so they had critics slam it. shyt had like 10% on rotten tomatoe and shyt, wasn't even that bad.

Also didn't Jaden smith do okay on Karate Kid? Black movies stay making more than they cost to make cause they're low budget yet you still don't have people willing to invest. Took ten years for best man and the original made money.

"The Karate Kid" grossed $359 million worldwide on a $40 million budget: $177 million domestic; $182 million non-domestic. So that's an example of a film starring a largely unknown black child actor(I'm assuming that most of the world didn't know who Jaden Smith was in 2010) that made more money overseas than it did in the U.S.

It just proves that as long as a film is well-acted and has a storyline that the masses can relate to, people of all demographics will be interested in seeing it. The color or race of the actors is largely irrelevant.

"After Earth" made a profit mainly because of the international markets; the film's non-domestic box office returns made up 75% of it's total box office gross($60.5 million domestic, $183.3 million non-domestic).

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tell the mainstream that. Imagine Sony and the PS4 losing the console war because of some hack emails of racist execs? :bryan:

I can only speak for myself. I am selling the PS4 and never buying a Sony product ever again. All like-minded principled men who give a shyt about black people will do the same.

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Tell the mainstream that. Imagine Sony and the PS4 losing the console war because of some hack emails of racist execs? :bryan:

This is what happens when you allow cacs to run your shyt..they end up misrepresenting you. The Japs will learn.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This is what happens when you allow cacs to run your shyt..they end up misrepresenting you. The Japs will learn.

If this gains momentum, and makes Sony products sell less this holiday season, I would be shocked.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
exodus already is in theaters.... :mjlol:
reading comprehension, the premise of the exchange Is that Sony don't want denzel or blax in their movies cuz they won't sell "overseas". Exodus is released "overseas" boxing day how it has fared domestically is irrelevant to the discussion at hand :beli:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
reading comprehension, the premise of the exchange Is that Sony don't want denzel or blax in their movies cuz they won't sell "overseas". Exodus is released "overseas" boxing day how it has fared domestically is irrelevant to the discussion at hand :beli:

:yeshrug:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Perry and Oprah

Speaking to CNN, Oprah Winfrey offered another take on the leaks. "I would hope that we would not stand in such harsh judgment of a moment in time where someone was hacked and their private conversations were put before the world," Winfrey said.

Producer, director and actor Tyler Perry echoed Winfrey's statements in a separate interview with CNN.

"I think we all make stupid mistakes, and may say stupid things or a joke here or there, but unfortunately this all came back to haunt [Amy Pascal]," Perry said. "But I do not believe she is a racist."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/15/ava-duvernay-sony-emails_n_6329276.html

:snoop: