Sony & Disney’s Marvel Team On Third ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Title

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Exactly, Both sides come away winners but some people are going to make it seem like Sony caved.

Sony didn't back down:what:

So what exactly happened?

:hubie:Just curious.

Other than news of “Disney and Sony working together again” I didn’t think any real news or details of the deal came out.

Who is really the credible source or was in the negotiating room to give us clarity?:patrice:

I don’t know where to look or everything I’m reading is vague:ld:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Exactly, Both sides come away winners but some people are going to make it seem like Sony caved.

Half this thread is people that have hated marvel for years saying that marvel gave in and/or “lost”:gucci:So I guess some people are going to make it seem like marvel caved too?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Half this thread is people that have hated marvel for years saying that marvel gave in and/or “lost”:gucci:So I guess some people are going to make it seem like marvel caved too?

Also

You can’t do the math if you don’t even know what the equations or the formulas are:sas1:

x + 2 =?

:sas2:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

Yes they did lol

Those people don't understand math:russ:

shyt I'm simply competent in math and I can understand that. Sony wasn't unwilling to do a deal, but they didn't want to do that deal. I don't think Disney is unreasonable asking for more of a cut than they were getting; that's what you do when a deal is up and you've exceeded expectations. But to act as if they "caved" is silly because this is beneficial for both sides. If anything, I can see a scenario where Kevin put more pressure on Disney to come back to the table and lower the price because spider-man is his favorite character.

Sony has agreed to the terms that Disney originally proposed for its participation in a third Spider-Man movie, whereby Disney/Marvel would co-finance 25% of a third Homecoming movie for a 25% equity stake.

This is the original deal that Marvel wanted, Sony ignored them for 6 months and tested the waters with the fans to see if they could continue trying to trick people into thinking their off-brand shyt was connected to Marvel proper because that was their original plan in the first place... they got a reality check and gave in to the initial offer.

Sony wanted to keep Marvel's cut at 5%
Marvel wanted 25% (the 50% was never the case, Sony was tryin to play the victim)

As you can see, one side got what they wanted and never had to try to negotiate or play chicken with the fans in public.

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
So what exactly happened?

:hubie:Just curious.

Other than news of “Disney and Sony working together again” I didn’t think any real news or details of the deal came out.

Who is really the credible source or was in the negotiating room to give us clarity?:patrice:

I don’t know where to look or everything I’m reading is vague:ld:

Mikey Sutton on the Sony/Disney deal:

"SCOOP - 9/27/29: The deal is done just as I said it would while countless rage-bait comic-book sites and YouTube shows drank the Sony Kool-Aid and thought the door was shut. As I said, the door wasn't closed; it was still open.

Sony did The Takeaway, just like I had reported. And lost. Right now, Sony is trying to present themselves as victors in their sourcing to mainstream reporters, that Marvel Studios caved in last night. No, they didn't. The 25% take from Disney wasn't what Sony wanted; they wanted to keep it at 5%, if you recall. The resulting compromise shows which side won the battle.

Disney and Sony did a short-term contract for now because of time limitations. They needed to sign Jon Watts for Spider-Man 3 immediately, and Disney insiders tell me that he was willing to walk away if the next movie wasn't set in the MCU to pick up where Far From Home left off. The script had to be written as well. It's no coincidence that it's being revealed today that Watts is in final negotiations. Remember my leak about Disney offering Nova to Watts, which would pull him away from the next Spider-Man? Completely gangsta, yes? Did it work?

Marvel Studios is seeking to have Tom Holland appear in Secret Wars. Whether this is the non-Spidey MCU film in the agreement signed by both parties last night remains to be seen, but there is no doubt by anyone on the Marvel side that Spider-Man will be in Secret Wars. Not only that, but Marvel Studios is planning on having Spider-Man in a supporting role for The Fantastic Four as Reed Richards can be Peter Parker's new mentor.

This is only the beginning. As I discussed from the beginning, the collaboration is too big to toss away. There are discussions of Disney and Sony sharing a cinematic universe, an expanded Spider-Verse if you will, of specific IPs guesting in each other's films. But, right now, it's time for a victory lap.

Your fly in the ointment,

Dude is legit when it comes to Marvel stuff. He was one of the first people to break the initial Spider-man deal, the fox merger and he was also saying that Sony was pump faking that "door is closed" bullshyt and they would be back and a deal would get done.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
71243396_954909408220088_2044073273737609216_n.jpg

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The shared MCU/Spideyverse actually sounds like a good idea. Sony can have their Holland Spidey vs Venon films and MCU can have Holland Spidey in Avengers films without all of the Spideyverse shyt being directly connected or canon to their films. Multiverse fukkery between two different studios. Dr. Strange can possibly be the middleman that allows Spidey to jump between the two different universes. Everyone can eat and be happy.

Watch someone fukk it up though.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The shared MCU/Spideyverse actually sounds like a good idea. Sony can have their Holland Spidey vs Venon films and MCU can have Holland Spidey in Avengers films without all of the Spideyverse shyt being directly connected or canon to their films. Multiverse fukkery between two different studios. Dr. Strange can possibly be the middleman that allows Spidey to jump between the two different universes. Everyone can eat and be happy.

Watch someone fukk it up though.

Marvel needs access to more characters to do the best stories and I'm sure Sony could possibly want to cross over Morbius with a character like Blade, they can make it work but it's really going to take Sony letting Feige and MS take the lead on keeping the continuity straight, things only get fukked up when people like Rothman start micro-managing the creatives for profit.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The issue was Disney trying to be a greedy ass Deebo and cats just thinking they should take the Disney Sausage knowing it was a deal no rational person would agree to. What they were proposing was straight horseshyt since they didn't own Spideys movie rights. It has to be win win. Disney already has the movie toy rights and shyt and were being Arrogant as fukk.

That's cool but that's not what I'm talking about. And the 50% thing doesn't even seem to be true.

Regardless, the other thread was full of people saying Sony was gonna crank out billion dollar Spidey movies at will....while retaining 100% of the profits....because they no longer needed Marvel.

I'm asking, where did all that go?

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They still made the best Spiderman movie:sas2:

They also made the worst.

Keeping it 100, their track record with the character has not been good. Which is what I said in the other thread. Which is why he's staying in the MCU. Sony ain't dumb.

Cats really thought Sony was gonna build an entire franchise solo off the success of "Venom" and "Into The Spider-Verse." :mjlol:

Fred.