Sony & Disney’s Marvel Team On Third ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Title

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That's cool but that's not what I'm talking about. And the 50% thing doesn't even seem to be true.

Regardless, the other thread was full of people saying Sony was gonna crank out billion dollar Spidey movies at will....while retaining 100% of the profits....because they no longer needed Marvel.

I'm asking, where did all that go?

Fred.

If Venom could do almost 900, I feel comfortable saying Spidey with Holland could do better

:yeshrug:

The only real meh Spideys was AS2 and Spidey 3.

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
So Disney is getting a 25% split on ALL the movies.

Time to actually integrate Venom into the MCU and make it not suck lol, give me Separation Anxiety please.

:feedme::feedme::feedme:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Am I lying?

Original deal was 5%, being able to use Spidey in the MCU, all movie merchandise rights for Spidey, and producing the movie. Cmon fam.

The 5 to 50% leak was reported by Variety. In Hollywood they are arguably the best news source and have been for decades.

I don't think anyone disagrees with Disney wanting a bigger cut being wrong but you can't be ridiculous and try to Deebo cats. Has to make sense for all sides. If you want the Spidey characters that bad then just buy it back but don't try and muscle mufukkaz. To think cats sided with Disneys antics on some agenda and fanboy shyt was ridiculous. Wanting Sony to take a deal and do some shyt they wouldn't even do in real life.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Original deal was 5%, being able to use Spidey in the MCU, all movie merchandise rights for Spidey, and producing the movie. Cmon fam.

The 5 to 50% leak was reported by Variety. In Hollywood they are arguably the best news source and have been for decades.

I don't think anyone disagrees with Disney wanting a bigger cut being wrong but you can't be ridiculous and try to Deebo cats. Has to make sense for all sides. If you want the Spidey characters that bad then just buy it back but don't try and muscle mufukkaz. To think cats sided with Disneys antics on some agenda and fanboy shyt was ridiculous. Wanting Sony to take a deal and do some shyt they wouldn't even do in real life.
No the deal that just ended was 0% proceeds from movies for Marvel/Disney. The new one is 25% and the article at the beginning of this thread says that was always the deal. So somebody got the story wrong, either Variety then or Deadline now. I like to believe the latest news. :mjgrin:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No the deal that just ended was 0% proceeds from movies for Marvel/Disney. The new one is 25% and the article at the beginning of this thread says that was always the deal. So somebody got the story wrong, either Variety then or Deadline now. I like to believe the latest news. :mjgrin:

:dead:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
FilthySoreHomalocephale-size_restricted.gif

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This deal feels like an amicable divorce agreement between parents not wanting to look bad in front of their son. Sony is the mom who spiderman lives with but disney is the daddy with control of the trust fund and is paying the tuition for private school, car and iphone.

Both sides know that ending this on a cliffhanger like that would cause permanent damage to the character’s brand with no one marvel stans refusing to support the sony movie and sony stans refusing to buy the merch which hurts disney. I think the 3rd flick will introduce spidey into his sony verse for exchange of some spidey side characters to dip into the MCU.

This shyt gonna be like bron and KD signing 1+1 deals with no long term arcs just one off guest appearances.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If Venom could do almost 900, I feel comfortable saying Spidey with Holland could do better

:yeshrug:

Sony obviously disagrees, which is why he's staying in the MCU.

Because if they felt confident in what you're saying, this deal does not exist.
Cats act like Sony just generously took an additional 20% loss for no reason. :gucci:

Fred.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony obviously disagrees, which is why he's staying in the MCU.

Because if they felt confident in what you're saying, this deal does not exist.
Cats act like Sony just generously took an additional 20% loss for no reason. :gucci:

Fred.

It was the price of staying with the MCU. That's all

Daps
This deal feels like an amicable divorce agreement between parents not wanting to look bad in front of their son. Sony is the mom who spiderman lives with but disney is the daddy with control of the trust fund and is paying the tuition for private school, car and iphone.

Both sides know that ending this on a cliffhanger like that would cause permanent damage to the character’s brand with no one marvel stans refusing to support the sony movie and sony stans refusing to buy the merch which hurts disney. I think the 3rd flick will introduce spidey into his sony verse for exchange of some spidey side characters to dip into the MCU.

This shyt gonna be like bron and KD signing 1+1 deals with no long term arcs just one off guest appearances.

Makes u wonder if Feige did it on purpose :sas2:

If so, would be one of the greatest chess moves of all time :wow: