Sony & Disney’s Marvel Team On Third ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Title

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I got a feeling this gonna somehow ... dr strange and madam web gonna play into this in a post credit scene and have spidey merge with the Sonyverse

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No the deal that just ended was 0% proceeds from movies for Marvel/Disney. The new one is 25% and the article at the beginning of this thread says that was always the deal. So somebody got the story wrong, either Variety then or Deadline now. I like to believe the latest news. :mjgrin:

the original reup deal was 25 ... the disney said what the hell and asked for 50 .. then it all fell apart. now its back to the original along with a probable storywise out ... Dr Strange and the multiverse of Madness and Madame web . merging spidey into the sony verse

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
the original reup deal was 25 ... the disney said what the hell and asked for 50 .. then it all fell apart. now its back to the original along with a probable storywise out ... Dr Strange and the multiverse of Madness and Madame web . merging spidey into the sony verse
So they offered 25, then without hearing a counter jumped to 50? Doesn't make a lot of sense. But whatever, glad the deal got done.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
So they offered 25, then without hearing a counter jumped to 50? Doesn't make a lot of sense. But whatever, glad the deal got done.

cause Sony said y'all ungrateful b*stards....we done.. no counter..... F You.. we offer you 25 and you want 50 ... Suck My dikk

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
cause Sony said y'all ungrateful b*stards....we done.. no counter..... F You.. we offer you 25 and you want 50 ... Suck My dikk
The most recent article says:
Sony has agreed to the terms that Disney originally proposed for its participation in a third Spider-Man movie, whereby Disney/Marvel would co-finance 25% of a third Homecoming movie for a 25% equity stake."

So Disney started and asked for 25% not Sony, Sony rejected that and then Disney jumped to 50%? That doesn't make sense.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The most recent article says:
Sony has agreed to the terms that Disney originally proposed for its participation in a third Spider-Man movie, whereby Disney/Marvel would co-finance 25% of a third Homecoming movie for a 25% equity stake."

So Disney started and asked for 25% not Sony, Sony rejected that and then Disney jumped to 50%? That doesn't make sense.

OK.. i thought it was sony with the original 25..

but they did change up with the appearances though

but sony's point is valid.. they get 00000000 from merchandise. All that far from home lego and shirts and hats and toys and etc... went to Disney... EVERY merch dollar is disney's..
it would've been nice if they shared some spider man 3 merch money

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
OK.. i thought it was sony with the original 25..

but they did change up with the appearances though

but sony's point is valid.. they get 00000000 from merchandise. All that far from home lego and shirts and hats and toys and etc... went to Disney... EVERY merch dollar is disney's..
it would've been nice if they shared some spider man 3 merch money

That's on Sony. :manny:

The merch deal isn't something new. Sony agreed to it ages ago.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
All this talk.....

With the exemption of @jayshiggs and

No receipts:mjgrin:

We gotta get past this Sony this Sony that stuff.

Everything seems in order, it’s Gucci.

I’m more curious about all the phase 4 movies and who’s in line to be casted for F4 and new Xmen

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mentioned this in the other thread. They would come back to the table.

Disney wasn't gonna ride with a 5% deal any longer.

Just like negotiating a salary. You ask for more than you willing to settle for and work your way down.

Thats what disney did.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't bother me none cause I don't watch none of these spiderman movies. shyt beenn rebooted 3 times in 25 years.

I wouldn't by a bootleg spiderman movie

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Not sure if it's been mentioned but allegedly Disney upped the first offer because Sony insisted Feige make the next SM a priority and change his whole schedule.
That makes sense though.
I mean to us there all marvel movies, so we can wait and watch others until spiderman comes out.
But sony is supposed to just sit there doing nothing for 6 years or however long making no money off their character?