Sony back on their greedy shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony not slick :dead:

Execs out here like "We had no clue that you guys cared so much about this game :mjgrin:"

Ep8-rAKXEAgE8yn.jpg

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep up the complaints because they still think y'all some hoes. Charging for GOW and GT7 but not Horizon is bullshyt. They trying to placate with Horizon while still getting to nickle and dime on the others.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Keep up the complaints because they still think y'all some hoes. Charging for GOW and GT7 but not Horizon is bullshyt. They trying to placate with Horizon while still getting to nickle and dime on the others.

It’s because they originally promised HFW would be a free upgrade as it was supposed to be a launch game.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If they didn't charge that $10 fee, people would essentially be buying the PS5 version for every game for $60 because they could just upgrade it for free.

I mean now that I think about it, isn't this game effectively $60 dollars now? Why would you not just buy the PS4 version and upgrade to PS5 for cheaper instead of spending $70? Or am I missing the mark here?

EDIT: Wait, I just realized, all these dudes did was raise the price for both versions to $70 on the PS store :dead:

Or was that the price that the PS4 version always going to be? I could've sworn it was supposed to be $60. GS still has it for $60.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If they didn't charge that $10 fee, people would essentially be buying the PS5 version for every game for $60 because they could just upgrade it for free.

I mean now that I think about it, isn't this game effectively $60 dollars now? Why would you not just buy the PS4 version and upgrade to PS5 for cheaper instead of spending $70? Or am I missing the mark here?

EDIT: Wait, I just realized, all these dudes did was raise the price for both versions to $70 on the PS store :dead:

Or was that the price that the PS4 version always going to be? I could've sworn it was supposed to be $60. GS still has it for $60.

Ps4 version is 59.99 and ps5 version is 69.99, I’m not sure why they just don’t take the ps5 version down.

4-F43891-B-B13-A-41-C4-999-E-3-C7-D4-F97-EA1-E.jpg

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are you using the phone app or browser? I’m on my browser
Browser. It's all good, I just went through the actual store and it reflects it properly now.

Still not sure I trust it. Should probably pre-order now just in case :patrice:

But yeah, no reason to pay an extra $10 when you can upgrade for free. They might as well make the PS5 version $60

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s because they originally promised HFW would be a free upgrade as it was supposed to be a launch game.
Did they? Because the quote I kept seeing said launch games. They got clever with the order of the sentences and made it seem like it would be free but they never actually said it would be free.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Did they? Because the quote I kept seeing said launch games. They got clever with the order of the sentences and made it seem like it would be free but they never actually said it would be free.

Seems like HFW was supposed to launch in 2nd quarter at least of 2020, if that had happened it would have been no upgrade like sackboy, miles, and any other launch games. Since it got delayed it got lumped in with the other late non-launch cross-gen stuff.

I mean, I’m just glad they are trying to be more consistent with their messaging the only thing that really annoys me me is how inconsistent they have been regarding this

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I mean Sony charges $70 for PS5 games so if you buy the PS4 one for $60 you should expect to pay more for the PS5 version.