Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those Japanese publishers have to want to sell :yeshrug:

Sega, Konami, From, Squeenix ....most of their titles sell more on Playstation regardless. No need to sell

Anyone is willing to Sell for the right price. I think Sega and Capcom probably won't but Squeenix and Konami could have been.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can thank MS/Tencent/Embracer for this current hellscape.
Not really, it combination of tencent and Sony. And the potential of Amazon and Google

You really think MS would buy up studios if they felt they could comfortably release games without them being times exclusives or skipping Xbox completely?

They'd do just like was and doing and maybe buy a studio here and there while taking advantage of knowing games are coming out on your system either 1st or simultaneously.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
LOL @ yall thinking a large acquisition is made in 2 weeks :mjlol:
Obviously this was in the works for a while.

Shocked nothing was leaked before today. Kinda impressive in today's day and age.

But yeah, merger acquisitions usually are discussed at least a year or two before it goes down officially. Being involved in couple of them in my career, it's "interesting" to say the least.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s good optics for the platform that was laughed at about not having a good multiplayer now have the best multiplayer studio in the business.

Kinda of crazy how shyt works out :ohhh:

I bet microsoft looking at 343 like :hhh:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I don’t care. The OG Halo game designers, writers and composers are gone. Most of them went to 343. Bungie is a shell of its former self. This is equivalent to Microsoft buying Rare. Bungie was great at Xbox, but fell off after. Rare was great at Nintendo, but fell off after.

I own all the systems so this is my non-biased opinion. I actually like Destiny but it’s not a system seller like Halo.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Lol. Now let’s go look at the Destiny 2 thread in here and see the last time it got any traffic. Hopefully Sony can make Destiny 3 legendary, but those first two are dead.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand why Sony bought them when everything they're posting says they're going to remain independent and multiplatform. These nikkas aint really panic buy some shyt like the stans were hoping they'd do did they? Because the terms don't align with Sony's MO at all.

They tryna keep from losing COD money and they need a few big multiplayer games. Guerilla the only team that can make a FPS and they too busy with Horizon. Even then, Killzone was nowhere near COD sales.

Bungie might be able to bring a good shooter to the PS5, we don't know yet. The potential is there, maybe they bring back MAG?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They tryna keep from losing COD money and they need a few big multiplayer games. Guerilla the only team that can make a FPS and they too busy with Horizon. Even then, Killzone was nowhere near COD sales.

Bungie might be able to bring a good shooter to the PS5, we don't know yet. The potential is there, maybe they bring back MAG?

Guerrilla is currently working on a multiplayer title. This buy is good because of the shared resources amongst studios

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What the fukk was the point of buying when they’ll still remain independent and multiplatform? :francis:

They're not "independent". Sony is known to let their studios have creative freedom so that's not a stretch. They can say they are independent, but lol.

As far as still being multiplat, I don't have a problem with this either. :ld: