Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I think 3.6B is just a little bit over what i think they should`ve paid for them. But years from now we might fukk around and say it was a steal, like with Insomniac. Sony probably picked them because they have an established multiplayer, and probably want them to pump out more because Sony could use some exclusive multiplayer's...it`s kind of an FU to MS to lol.

Watch Phil buy Epic or some shyt now, and secure Fortnite.

I have a feeling this gen is going to be a long, back, and forth one like none before it when it`s said and done.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't understand why Sony bought them when everything they're posting says they're going to remain independent and multiplatform. These nikkas aint really panic buy some shyt like the stans were hoping they'd do did they? Because the terms don't align with Sony's MO at all.
Desperation at COD going exclusive. Bungie hit a lick.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The only companies microsoft can afford to buy (and even have it be worth it) aren’t game changers. There will never be another acquisition as big as Bethesda.

They wouldn’t even buy bungie, who are raking in cash with destiny and could have put together a system selling Halo for them.

:umad:
Y'all playing catch up.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So the first person shooter genre will still have some exclusivity and appeal on PlayStation. I dig it

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Not really, it combination of tencent and Sony. And the potential of Amazon and Google

You really think MS would buy up studios if they felt they could comfortably release games without them being times exclusives or skipping Xbox completely?

They'd do just like was and doing and maybe buy a studio here and there while taking advantage of knowing games are coming out on your system either 1st or simultaneously.
:gucci:

MS bought zenimax and the biggest transaction with Activision and u blaming everyone but them

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

only a true Stan could do this

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nintendo turned down a massive bag at the time from Microsoft. Japanese are different :yeshrug:

Because they are an American company. You hardly see American companies purchase Japanese companies. Sony is still a Japanese company alot more Japanese publishers would be open to being bought by Sony than Microsoft.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Calling Bullshyt at bungie staying multiplat

If there’s anyone that will go back on their “word” for self benefit it’s Sony ass, they don’t give no shyt about “good will” when they the market leader so don’t believe this PR

And best believe they will little bro Bungie and pull rank when the time comes

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Guerrilla is currently working on a multiplayer title. This buy is good because of the shared resources amongst studios

It'll be interesting to see getting all the FPS vets on board. I don't like futuristic shooters outside of Killzone though, because they usually arcadey. Killzone was good because it was gritty and realistic to a certain extent.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah don't downplay this, these ppl made two successful multiplayer IPs in Halo and Destiny. They can def make another one, only this will be exclusive to Sony. Sony needs multiplayer shooters, they now in the game.
Nahh it's not a downplay it's just in comparison for double the money they got what quadruple the studios? Along with a mega studio

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It'll be interesting to see getting all the FPS vets on board. I don't like futuristic shooters outside of Killzone though, because they usually arcadey. Killzone was good because it was gritty and realistic to a certain extent.

Sony still got factions and the Firewalk and deviation titles coming out. So theres a lot of stuff on the table for multiplayer in-house right now

And we still got spider-man 2 and wolverine, and KoTOR.

They thought sony was down and now look, they got halo devs :datazz: