Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
They're not "independent". Sony is known to let their studios have creative freedom so that's not a stretch. They can say they are independent, but lol.

As far as still being multiplat, I don't have a problem with this either. :ld:

You will when Phil pulls COD from under us and we ain’t got shyt to shoot at besides weak ass shell of itself Battlefield and boring ass Destiny :mjcry:

Please tell me you kept that Xbox….we may be stuck over there :martin:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don’t care. The OG Halo game designers, writers and composers are gone. Most of them went to 343. Bungie is a shell of its former self. This is equivalent to Microsoft buying Rare. Bungie was great at Xbox, but fell off after. Rare was great at Nintendo, but fell off after.

I own all the systems so this is my non-biased opinion. I actually like Destiny but it’s not a system seller like Halo.

some stayed behind to do 343 and most people stll hold the Bungie Halos over 343s.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Sony still got factions and the Firewalk and deviation titles coming out. So theres a lot of stuff on the table for multiplayer in-house right now

And we still got spider-man 2 and wolverine, and KoTOR.

They thought sony was down and now look, they got halo devs :datazz:

We need a war shooter. Something like Battlefield or Medal of Honor. I don't want no futuristic teleporting shyt unless it's Killzone type.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You will when Phil pulls COD from under us and we ain’t got shyt to shoot at besides weak ass shell of itself Battlefield and boring ass Destiny :mjcry:

Please tell me you kept that Xbox….we may be stuck over there :martin:

I'm not pressed for CoD. I'm bored right now with Halo Infinite (release some new shyt PLEASE). Really needed/wanted BF to be byke but that's over apparently. :mjcry:

Regardless, Bungie is responsible for Halo and Destiny. They haven't failed yet.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s good optics for the platform that was laughed at about not having a good multiplayer now have the best multiplayer studio in the business.

Kinda of crazy how shyt works out :ohhh:

I bet microsoft looking at 343 like :hhh:
Except that studio is saying they're still an independent creator and Destiny as well as whatever games they make in the future will be multiplatform. Just seems like they took Sony's money to take it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm not pressed for CoD. I'm bored right now with Halo Infinite (release some new shyt PLEASE). Really needed/wanted BF to be byke but that's over apparently. :mjcry:

Regardless, Bungie is responsible for Halo and Destiny. They haven't failed yet.

Yeah Bungie is by far the kings of multiplayer shooters, thats not even a debate

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
If you cheer this you're a loser.

Just like you're a loser if you cheered for the Activision purchase.

I like the fukkery.:mjgrin: Neither Microsoft or Sony sitting back. If you read my history I already said I hope Microsoft does good.

Only downside is potential monopoly, but I can't see it really happening. Devs can always leave and form their own studio.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Except that studio is saying they're still an independent creator and Destiny as well as whatever games they make in the future will be multiplatform. Just seems like they took Sony's money to take it.

For now. After destiny 2? Lol….

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think 3.6B is just a little bit over what i think they should`ve paid for them. But years from now we might fukk around and say it was a steal, like with Insomniac. Sony probably picked them because they have an established multiplayer, and probably want them to pump out more because Sony could use some exclusive multiplayer's...it`s kind of an FU to MS to lol.

Watch Phil buy Epic or some shyt now, and secure Fortnite.

I have a feeling this gen is going to be a long, back, and forth one like none before it when it`s said and done.

This is kind of playing out like the Donald Sterling debacle with the Clippers. Him openly selling the team increased the value of all NBA teams across the board, and now they are all worth nearly double what they originally were thought to be worth due to how much he sold them for.

Seems like the big acquisitions of Bethesda and ActiBlizz done put the battery in nikkas backs. I bet a lot of devs right now would be happy to merge for a hefty bag.