Let's deep dive into what's going on with Sony and bungie

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Oh you can can you?

So is stellar blade a flop?

What's your opinion about Sony punting on this generation completely? Since you know, they are about generations :jbhmm:
You said analyze, so let's analyze what exactly did Sony mean by generations...

So sir, if you logically analyze what common sense should have told you :rolleyes: Sony's own words makes it so you can't lie to me... but only to yourselves :blessed:

posted on 25 June 2024
"After its release, Stellar Blade recorded the highest user rating of 9.2 on Metacritic, the highest ever among PS5 titles, and is still maintaining this rating," said Shift Up CFO Jaewoo Ahn (via Google Translate). "Since its launch, it has ranked first in sales in major console markets such as the US and UK, and cumulative sales are estimated to have exceeded 1 million units."

And in regard to the 2nd portion of your post. There's this little thing called covid that changed plans for everyone.

:manny:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
posted on 25 June 2024
"After its release, Stellar Blade recorded the highest user rating of 9.2 on Metacritic, the highest ever among PS5 titles, and is still maintaining this rating," said Shift Up CFO Jaewoo Ahn (via Google Translate). "Since its launch, it has ranked first in sales in major console markets such as the US and UK, and cumulative sales are estimated to have exceeded 1 million units."

And in regard to the 2nd portion of your post. There's this little thing called covid that changed plans for everyone.

:manny:
Yeah, gaming sales went UP during Covid
Xbox said all along the first two years would be multiplat and then next gen from there on. Nobody ever said Covid is why Sony lied. But here you are saying it like that's something that was ever established :laff:

And the question is, was stellar blade a flop?
You not saying yes or no means yes, yes it's a flop.
If the sequel sells 1.5 million you'll say it sold almost twice as much as the original :banderas:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's not that deep. It was a Jim Ryan move to further a live service initiative that is now being pivoted away from. Sony bought a failing company on the decline to gain access to their knowledge on live service games. Now they don't need them so much and Bungie's decline is continuing on its trajectory.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
no-head-shake.gif

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Oh you can can you?

So is stellar blade a flop?

What's your opinion about Sony punting on this generation completely? Since you know, they are about generations :jbhmm:
You said analyze, so let's analyze what exactly did Sony mean by generations...

So sir, if you logically analyze what common sense should have told you :rolleyes: Sony's own words makes it so you can't lie to me... but only to yourselves :blessed:
Damn, @Gizmo_Duck didn't come back after I obliterated this thread with this post :wow:

@gurf made a passing comment. Everyone else saw it and was like PLEASE LET IT GO AWAY :damn:

If you read the fine print about generations, then making a game that runs on last gen hardware would be by design from conception (unless a port was made later)

Most Sony games this gen are ps4/5
Sony will blame YOU because half of PlayStation users TODAY are still on the ps4

ABs you'll justify being lied to this entire gen. I pointed out years ago from the beginning that Sony was SELLING THE IDEA OF NEXT MEANING HAPTIC FEEDBACK AND UPSCALED RESOLUTION. I pointed this fact out before horizon zero dawn released. Here, I'll remind you of me telling it like it really is WAY BACK THEN...
But first, I found this post that really sets the tone....
I’m just glad once cross-gen is actually dead on playstation the baseline will be the base model ps5, especially if they launch pro models. The S will drag the xbox down in two years, either it will greatly slow down development or it will hold games back the same way cross-gen is right now. Unfortunately 3rd parties will still be tied to it.

Even more reason to stan sony games :yeshrug:
The next Xbox releases in just over 2yrs, next PlayStation will be the same time or a year later (that's the Xbox plan) and cross gen is not slowing up on PlayStation. Xbox made the move, sells less because of that fact and you spend your days bashing them for giving us actual next gen only titles :mindblown:
And here's where/when I discovered what Sony was trying to pass off as next gen to you...

These next gen consoles are clearly way more capable of creating games that are not possible on previous gen consoles, especially if we talking single player experiences. So after there "we believe in generations" comments the early narrative was the Xbox one would hold back next gen development because Microsoft wanted to go cross gen like you do on PC.

SONY BELIEVES IN GENERATIONS THO :blessed:

And with the announcement that God of war as also a cross gen title, the next generation won't begin until 2023 at the earliest on PS5 :francis:
So then what are you getting on PS5 since a true next gen experience isn't possible on last gen hardware? Well you're getting the PS4 version with built in PS5 system features. And you're being charged extra just to access it :picard:

But don't take my word for it, here's what it says on Sony's website about the PS5 versions "upgrades"

• PlayStation 5™ features
    • Fast loading: Fast-travel across the map and get back into the game almost instantly with the PS5 console’s ultra high-speed SSD and fast load times.
    • Stunning visuals: Experience the vast world of Horizon Forbidden West in stunning 4K and HDR.* From mountain tops to small sprigs of leaves, everything is realized to incredible detail at an enormous scale. Targeting 60fps, Performance Mode further enhances smoothness of movement, animations and controls.
    • Haptic feedback: Get closer to each fight Aloy takes on with the DualSense™ wireless controller’s haptic feedback. Feel the sensation of blades of grass you brush past when making a stealth approach, melee swipes you make against machines and armored humans, and the directional impact from enemy attacks when you attempt to evade.
    • Adaptive triggers: Enjoy a new level of immersion when you interact with different objects using the DualSense wireless controller’s adaptive triggers. Feel the tension in the string of your bow, the pull of your new grappling tool and the resistance of the triggers on heavy tribal and mechanical weapons.
    • Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Listen to the landscapes of Horizon Forbidden West come to life around you with the PS5 console’s Tempest 3D AudioTech. Hear vegetation rustle in the wind, birds flying overhead and large mechanical machines swimming in the water below as you explore environments teeming with wildlife and machines
So 5 bullet points, all of them built in system features.

1. Faster loading - Why are you paying $10 because you have a faster SSD built in?

2. Stunning visuals - Then it goes into detail what it means, it means 4k and HDR, then it mentions 60fps while carefully wording it in such a way so you could speculate mistakenly that it's 4k/60. But you won't be mistaken that they charging you $10 more because you have a 4ktv:francis:

3. Haptic feedback - Glorified rumble controls that is standard in a ps5 controller, you gotta pay 10 extra if you wanna use it tho :hubie:

4. Adaptive triggers aka the same thing, built in system features :dame:

5. 3d audio. So they charging you extra again just to use built in features

So the gimmick is they'll add rumble support and dynamic 4k and then they will call it next gen because of that :huhldup:
And this was BEFORE THE PANDEMIC so NEVER was the plan to be about "generations" it was about faking like you're in the next gen because of the controllers features. And the fact this new system can run games at differ resolutions than the previous. That's it, welcome to next gen bytches.

If I was exaggerating, ok. But I'm not even :damn:

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Took that nikka a whole work shift to write that.
OG Hindu checking the receipts at Walmart gave him the okay. :mjlol:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Took that nikka a whole work shift to write that.
OG Hindu checking the receipts at Walmart gave him the okay. :mjlol:
Oh I get it, now I'm wrong for cementing the truth?
Having receipts is snitching?

Pointing out that your Stan base is literally holding this generation back. No, It's not the pandemic. It's Sony not committing to next gen EVER and you can't openly admit that Sony played you. Told you that SSD you got is so special ratchet and clank couldn't be made anywhere else.

Why do they keep lying to you specifically, do they think you specifically are dumb?

Do they have nothing next gen to offer so they lied to you. You know, you can demand better or you can play horizon adventures this fall like a clown ass nikka and be content with a Lego game as your big winter 24 title :bryan: