Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Huh?

PS Plus has been a great program since the jump. Before PS Plus, Live Gold got you nothing other than paying to play online. It was free money for XBox. After Plus, they had to start giving you something for the membership.

The "free" games on PS Plus are whatever, plus there's no great multiplayer games on PS5.

I say this as a neutral, I basically have all the consoles :hubie:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I said this in earlier thread that Sony should buy bungie. But at that Price they could have bought Sega. I would have rather them spent the money on a Japanese publisher than them buying an American developer.

Those Japanese publishers have to want to sell :yeshrug:

Sega, Konami, From, Squeenix ....most of their titles sell more on Playstation regardless. No need to sell

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Destiny is remaining multiplat...thank goodness. Almost felt the need to buy a 5 to actually use:wow:

If they come up with something Halo/Destiny level, I might anyway.

Good job, Sony:ehh:

They all but swore they would stay indoe forever after Activision, but money talks I guess.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand why Sony bought them when everything they're posting says they're going to remain independent and multiplatform. These nikkas aint really panic buy some shyt like the stans were hoping they'd do did they? Because the terms don't align with Sony's MO at all.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Eh Bethesda at 7.5 seems like a better deal than this.

3 billy for Destiny and the idea that these dudes made Halo once upon a time? Pool that money for the Capcom deal and really stick it to microsoft.

Seems like a terrible buy when you think about what MS got with zenimax for 8.

Like a really really bad buy :sadcam:

Nah don't downplay this, these ppl made two successful multiplayer IPs in Halo and Destiny. They can def make another one, only this will be exclusive to Sony. Sony needs multiplayer shooters, they now in the game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't understand why Sony bought them when everything they're posting says they're going to remain independent and multiplatform. These nikkas aint really panic buy some shyt like the stans were hoping they'd do did they? Because the terms don't align with Sony's MO at all.
I'm guessing that was a condition of the purchase. Maybe Microsoft tried to buy them and wouldn't promise that but Sony did.