Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Some "discussions" are asinine.
Discussion fell completely in line with the discussions being had about the inflated price over their valuation and completely in line with a topic over an acquisition.

Might be some of the most on topic discussions in a Stanley thread.
:mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
i've been saying novels, overwatch-like shorts, and a maybe Forward Unto Dawn type of endeavor as that's something bungie got plenty of solid feedback over (and is familiar with development hell as MS/Bungie never got that Halo movie off the ground)

Destiny has great lore. Just due to the nature of it all, it would play out well as an animated series or animated shorts.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:manny: It's true. Some of you are shameless with this shyt. One day you're crying about fictitious anti-trust laws and the next you're cheerleading senpai for spending billions on Bungie. Make up your mind. I don't even care if you keep going with it but we def need new blood in here.

Imagine wanting your console of choice to have a fighting chance in the game

I’d rather no big publishers/devs get bought, but we know microsoft is incapable of making their own hit games so here we are

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I’m picturing something like Arcane
people throw around arcane like its something easily repeated. a casual glance at what all had to go right, how long it had to be in production, the amount of tech they had to spearhead and talent they needed to retain for the entirety of all that.... no.

its basically a modern day spirits within cranked up to 11 - that shyt was lightning in a bottle even for a juggernaut like riot.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
people throw around arcane like its something easily repeated. a casual glance at what all had to go right, how long it had to be in production, the amount of tech they had to spearhead and talent they needed to retain for the entirety of all that.... no.

its basically a modern day spirits within cranked up to 11 - that shyt was lightning in a bottle even for a juggernaut like riot.

Yeah, crazy how good that show came out to be. Crazier still that as great as it the show is, I'm not invigorated in the fukking slightest to touch League of Losers, I mean Legens:scust::unimpressed:.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Arcane is just one of a kind, i always equate its execution and success to something of the level of spider-verse. It’s like something that shouldn’t exist but somehow ended up happening anyway. Arcane is even more impressive because its an actual series.

Castlevania is also another property thats doing well in animation but the odd thing is their gaming property is all but dead right now. Konami are fukking retarded for not capitalizing off it but they probably couldnt even if they wanted outside of licensing it

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It’s not altruistic, its business. That doesn’t mean its not good business, especially for the devs that stay on. They have complete creative autonomy and they are getting greatly compensated for it.

Theres absolutely no way to frame this as a bad thing. It’s literally an everyone wins situation

But this is like typical corporate "golden handcuff" plans.:francis:

I've had a retention bonus before. Was a far fukking cry from a million dollars tho.:mjcry:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps

But this is like typical corporate "golden handcuff" plans.:francis:

I've had a retention bonus before. Was a far fukking cry from a million dollars tho.:mjcry:

:usure::comeon:average.” I’m not trying to argue with y’all over this… I hope the Bungie rank and file folk get broken off something nice but come the hell on. I got RSUs that don’t vest for years. This is typical. Sony ain’t paying this out now on some good faith shyt.