Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I think 3.6B is just a little bit over what i think they should`ve paid for them. But years from now we might fukk around and say it was a steal, like with Insomniac. Sony probably picked them because they have an established multiplayer, and probably want them to pump out more because Sony could use some exclusive multiplayer's...it`s kind of an FU to MS to lol.

Watch Phil buy Epic or some shyt now, and secure Fortnite.

I have a feeling this gen is going to be a long, back, and forth one like none before it when it`s said and done.

Fornite makes too much money.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
How it's a desperation move. They payed 3 billion for Destiny bro. This not moving a needle in the gaming world. Bungie employees were leaving going back to Microsoft. I don't understand how I contradicted myself
they paid 3 billion for the resources
the ip doesn't matter in this context

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Calling Bullshyt at bungie staying multiplat

If there’s anyone that will go back on their “word” for self benefit it’s Sony ass, they don’t give no shyt about “good will” when they the market leader so don’t believe this PR

And best believe they will little bro Bungie and pull rank when the time comes
We’re not desperate like MS to get folks onto Spartacus. We’ll keep it multiplat and make money off of sales on MS systems. Hell, may even bring it to the Switch.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
You said it was a desperation reaction move in one breath (acquisitions like this don't happen on a whim) and they point to how it was in the works for months??? :dead:

Did Microsoft just not buy Betheseda before Activision???? I don't understand what you getting at. Microsoft is taking the RPG Shooters market. Sony could of did better than Bungie

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You said it was a desperation reaction move in one breath (acquisitions like this don't happen on a whim) and they point to how it was in the works for months??? :dead:

Are you saying that they had zero idea that MS was after Activision? That deal had to be in the works for months, too, right?

Chef

All Star
Daps
That’s not bad a deal if it stays multi platform. It makes sense when I didn’t realize they really don’t have their own live service game. Despite Destiny story finally making some sense 5 years later, I can see a Netflix show or something along those lines. The transparency is a good look, they came out and said “This is multi platform”.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Are you saying that they had zero idea that MS was after Activision? That deal had to be in the works for months, too, right?

Dude acting dumb. This was a dumb deal. This is comparable to owning 2 to 3 percent in Epic. Sony is trying to maximize its reach for profits due to Microsort buying everything. This is a investment to keep the money coming.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
That said, this definitely benefits both sides. Bungie was looking to expand Destiny into a multimedia franchise, but honestly didn't have the structure to do it. Now, they do. Sony needed a studio with multiplayer expertise in house desperately to be able to round out their offerings. Now, they've got it.

This feels 100% like leverage for CoD/Activision. I don't spend money on the game outside of annual expansions, but apparently Destiny 2 makes decent money. So now, both Sony and Microsoft have a vest interest in success of products on another platform, should they keep things the same.

The first part of the post makes sense to me, especially if Bungie was looking for Destiny to get the Halo treatment, I can see the possibility of a Destiny movie or TV series.

But as far as leverage goes, I don't think there's any leverage there. M$ doesn't bat an eye if they lose Destiny. They have Halo and CoD, they don't lose sleep over Destiny. :yeshrug: