Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Destiny 2: Our Shared Vision > News | Bungie.net

I'm taking them at their word that they will be an independent subsidiary of Sony and self publish their own games. Considering how things ended with Xbox I'd imagine if Sony tried to go back on this they'll have the talent leave and be left with a shell of a company.

lol.

they never self published before. :skip:

Sony is publishing their games going forward, they own them now. This wasn't a developer/publisher agreement like they had with Activision.

part of the sale language may include their future new IPs being multiplat and I have no issue with that.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
They will probably use Bungie knowledge of shooters/multiplayer and leverage them for the other studios (firewalk, deviation etc)

Sony first party studios share tech and knowledge all the time, so on that front, having bungie in house definitely shores up a skill set that was not really present before.
so it's like an apple/beats type deal :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony getting 100% of the profits from Destiny is a big boy move, it was the right thing to do.
How profitable is Destiny then? Activision let them walk and considering the company wanted it's independence and to self publish Destiny they're now selling out to a large company again after fighting to get away from both Xbox then Activision.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No platform exclusives :blessed:

I love Destiny, so whatever money Sony gets off me I happily give them, but this isn't true. They're not at all the same company that made Halo. Most of that staff is at 343 or left.

Most of those guys stayed, some left to become 343. And many of yall said out your own mouths that 343 didn't have the magic Bungie did.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Desperation move due to Microsoft buying up everything. shyt not moving a needle at all. This may explain why some bungie employees went to 343 a couple of months ago. This deal was in the works for 6 months

you just contradicted yourself in the same sentence. :mjlol:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Most of those guys stayed, some left to become 343. And many of yall said out your own mouths that 343 didn't have the magic Bungie did.
Neither is old Bungie to keep it all the way real. Halo Infinite is great, Destiny is great, but neither is at Halo 1/2 Bungie levels, at all. I'll say it again, if they make an exclusive that is Destiny/old Halo level, I'll get a 5, and not sell it this time:mjlol:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Desperation move due to Microsoft buying up everything. shyt not moving a needle at all. This may explain why some bungie employees went to 343 a couple of months ago. This deal was in the works for 6 months

How is anything sony does a desperation move when they been kill MS for the last 3 gens and still are?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
you just contradicted yourself in the same sentence. :mjlol:

How it's a desperation move. They payed 3 billion for Destiny bro. This not moving a needle in the gaming world. Bungie employees were leaving going back to Microsoft. I don't understand how I contradicted myself