Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Canon

Veteran
Daps
How profitable is Destiny then? Activision let them walk and considering the company wanted it's independence and to self publish Destiny they're now selling out to a large company again after fighting to get away from both Xbox then Activision.
:ufdup:its Sony bytch

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
like 5 people hit me up about this already. Say what you want about whatever this ends up being but this was good for optics for the casuals

Most casual gamers think Sony = Destiny now

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Common sense. Only internet goofies think these shyts happen in a week. :mjlol:

Think any publicly traded company can just whip together an acquisition in a couple of weeks, brehs. :mjlol:

lol.

they never self published before. :skip:

Sony is publishing their games going forward, they own them now. This wasn't a developer/publisher agreement like they had with Activision.

part of the sale language may include their future new IPs being multiplat and I have no issue with that.

They've technically been self publishing since they bounced on Activision. In all honesty, since they're a wholely owned subsidiary, it doesn't matter anyway. Basically just a difference between getting white label service, or direct.

My guess is Bungie wanted more funding to expand. Microsoft tried to get them back and they took that deal to Sony and said what can you do for us. Sony made concessions to prevent the possibility of having Microsoft reacquire Bungie.

I don't have any real knowledge but it seems plausible.

The expansion thing is probably spot on. Bungie has been up front with saying they wanted to expand the reach of Destiny, but they just don't have the staff to do it. Them juggling their new game and an expansion and four seasons of content for Destiny 2 has been a barely manageable workload for them, so they were going to need help at some point. Now, most of that stuff is technically just a couple of departments away. Also, I can easily see lower tier Sony studios that aren't working on anything doing support work with them from time to time.

Chef

All Star
Daps
If Sony can get a developer to revive the SOCOM franchise. They’re in a good spot to fill in holes in their game. I don’t trust Ubisoft with Ghost Recon anymore. :francis:

Good on Bungie for putting this out. I hope they got the Respawn Studio package.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Bungie games will finally have good graphics :wow:

Imagine Bungie working on Killzone. OHHHH shyt

Xbox nikkas thought getting crash bandicoot was insulting to PS :wow: the studio that basically invented xbox is now under playstation :wow:

omagine saying this shyt in 2007