Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I mean if they can make a solid FPS game to compete with COD then it's understandable otherwise I don't know. Hell we don't know if the OG halo creators are even there.
I’m thinking this. Sony gonna need a solid laudable FPS once COD is gone.

I’m still not really liking this industry consolidation shyt. From Comcast/NBC/, to ATT/Dish/HBO, Disney, Microsoft, this deal.. etc etc..these megatrons gonna put a hurting on the creative industry as a whole, IMO

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bungie games will finally have good graphics :wow:

Imagine Bungie working on Killzone. OHHHH shyt

Xbox nikkas thought getting crash bandicoot was insulting to PS :wow: the studio that basically invented xbox is now under playstation :wow:

omagine saying this shyt in 2007

This is the part i like the most :banderas:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first part of the post makes sense to me, especially if Bungie was looking for Destiny to get the Halo treatment, I can see the possibility of a Destiny movie or TV series.

But as far as leverage goes, I don't think there's any leverage there. M$ doesn't bat an eye if they lose Destiny. They have Halo and CoD, they don't lose sleep over Destiny. :yeshrug:

I meant more like Sony puts themselves in a position where losing CoD hurts, but isn't as much of a backbreaker. Ultimately, I don't think either side is looking to pull games off of platforms, as much as they're looking to take 70% of the revenue made off of those games on opposing platforms by virtue of owning the IP.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Can't you see the gaming world is changing bro??? This shyt not going to be brick and motar nomore. Why you think every leading company buying shyt the fukk up. This game system shyt is a rap.

COD is the biggest seller on their platform by a good margin. If they lose thay and GTA, they're in trouble, exclusives be damned. This is an arms race. One they can't win with money, so they're applying

That's a pipe dream that MS is selling. There is no evidence that says game systems are going goodbye anytime soon.

They can't even keep ps5s on the shelves.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is like a girl you love saying she'll marry you but you gotta let her have an open marriage and she can do whatever. It just seems like that would be a nope.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I meant more like Sony puts themselves in a position where losing CoD hurts, but isn't as much of a backbreaker. Ultimately, I don't think either side is looking to pull games off of platforms, as much as they're looking to take 70% of the revenue made off of those games on opposing platforms by virtue of owning the IP.

I can agree with that, yeah. But specifically I feel that this is a gamepass/spartacus venture. By having Destiny in particular exclusive to spartacus, that gives Sony a multiplayer FPS that actively makes money on their platform, which they previously lacked.

But still, CoD on gamepass is a head turner.

Daps
It doesn’t benefit any FPS game to be console exclusive at the end of the day. You want as large a player base as possible, this goes for COD and whatever else.