Something is wrong: Where do black people come from?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Yo look at this hatin ass cac. It just fukking pains them to see it.

Yes Egypt was a native African civilzation. Yes it shared many aspects of culture with other African civilizations. Does this mean that West Africans are originally Egyptians or Nubians, no.

Someone should tell him. Yes Greece was native to Europe. Yes it shared many aspects of culture with other european tribes. Does that mean north europeans are originally greeks? no

see what he says.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Yo yall should have seen when I was on another board trolling the fukk outta some europeans...I go in there and I'm like

(Huey Freeman voice)

"Black people have had written language since 3,000BC while Germanic and Scandinavian people couldn't read or write until 1AD, 3,000 years later. Oh and also africa had civilization 2,500 years before europe"

These nikkas scrambled for links and couldn't find any :bryan: The north europeans didn't know how to read or write until the Romans taught them (1AD), and Greece was europes first civilization (300BC) with the help of semite neighboring countries who obtained their knowledge from the egyptians. Egypt and Nubia had already been rolling since 3,000BC

They was soooooo maaaaad :rofl:

Eventually they were like :bryantshrug: "whatever, it's not that big of a deal anyways"

:rosslol1:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Now I need to find out when we left east africa and settled into west africa. If it were after Egypt had already started, we might be able to look up which Pharaoh was in charge, and why we left. was it famine? invasion? exile?

so many questions.

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
why do you keep calling yourself Bantu? I'm not bantu

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
:wow:

sometime I want to just go around Africa and get oral histories from every single tribe
I just asked my mom. We're descendants of Nzinga. Bakongo tribe, formally apart of the Kongo Kingdom. ancestors were swaggin out like

362px-Jean_Roy_de_Congo.jpg

Stompin on the portuguese since 1500s. :wow:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Ok so a few things I learned. Subdivision within the black race. Apparently the Songhai were Nilo Saharan. Makes sense. :ohhh:
Nilo-Saharan.png

Afro-Asiatic
Nilo-Saharan
Niger-Congo A -Igbo
Niger-Congo B - Bantu
Khoi San
Austronesian (this would be like Sami people of europe)

800px-Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_2.jpg

equivalent for white race.

Nordic
Alpine
Mediterranean
Slavic -Pink section would later be changed to slavic from nordic.
Sami

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Some of the oldest signs of life in west africa....1,000BC
Nok_terracotta_figurine.jpg

The Nok culture appeared in Nigeria around 1000 BC and vanished under unknown circumstances around 300 AD in the region of West Africa.

But then I found out about these folks.....

The Mande People.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandé_peoples

Ladies and Gentlemen....I think found our ancestors. :to:

Descended from ancient Central Saharan people, akin to the Bafour or Imraguen of Mauritania, the Mandé are an identifiable group of peoples spread throughout the West Africa. They are known as having been among the first on the continent to produce woven textiles (by a process known as strip-weaving), and as the founders of the Ghana Empire and Mali Empire, as well as being responsible for the expansion of the Songhai Empire across West Africa. However, archaeological testimony also supports that they were among the first peoples on the continent to produce stone settlement civilizations. These were initially built on the rocky promontories of Tichit-Walata and the Tagant cliffs of Southern Mauritania between 2500 BC and 2000 BC by the sub-group known as the Soninke, where hundreds of stone masonry settlements with clear street layouts have been found. Some settlements had massive surrounding walls while others were less fortified.

In a now arid environment where arable land and pasturage were once at a premium, the population grew and relatively large-scale political organizations which led to the ultimate military hierarchical aristocracies emerged. With a mixed farming economy—millet production combined with the rearing of livestock—this copper-based agro-pastoral society traded in jewelry and semi-precious stones from distant parts of the Sahara and Sahel. They are also believed to be the first to domesticate African rice. In the words of one archaeologist, these abandoned sites represent "a great wealth of rather spectacular prehistoric ruins" and "perhaps the most remarkable group of Neolithic settlements in the world" (Mauny 1971: 70).

Between 200 BC and 100 AD, the entire Sudan experienced significant dry episodes, which were part of the general drying trend that had been seriously underway since before 2000 BC. As the desert began to expand, the population headed South.