Something is wrong: Where do black people come from?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I found the path.

Its called the Sahel.

Around 2,500bc the area dried and split the desert and sub tropic. this is the path they walked from east to west. Still not sure which tribes were the first. there's a huge gap from 500BC -500AD. Lot of drama with berbers and arabs, EVERYONE was scrambling through here, its pretty crazy...its like a bottle neck. There's indication the Bafour people could be the first settlers. They're mixed with subsaharan, berber and semite. Later on the Mande people split from them......those would be the people to create the great Mali and Ghana empire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahel
800px-Sahel_Map-Africa_rough.png

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Ok so a few things I learned. Subdivision within the black race. Apparently the Songhai were Nilo Saharan. Makes sense. :ohhh:
Nilo-Saharan.png

Afro-Asiatic
Nilo-Saharan
Niger-Congo A -Igbo
Niger-Congo B - Bantu
Khoi San
Austronesian (this would be like Sami people of europe)

800px-Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_2.jpg

equivalent for white race.

Nordic
Alpine
Mediterranean
Slavic -Pink section would later be changed to slavic from nordic.
Sami
You know their are going to be problems labeling people of the Niger-Conga A as Igbo right?

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
You know their are going to be problems labeling people of the Niger-Conga A as Igbo right? Or are you just pointing out one of the groups?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Because not everyone there is Igbo
I know, they're Niger-Congo A. I put Igbo next to it A to show which group they belong, as its not bantu. The other tribes in nigeria fall under A also. I'm not about to go search all of them to list, there's a map right there that shows it covers the whole area.

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
I know, they're Niger-Congo A. I put Igbo next to it A to show which group they belong, as its not bantu. The other tribes in nigeria fall under A also.
Alright got you, that's why I said, "are you just pointing out one of the groups".

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Alright got you, that's why I said, "are you just pointing out one of the groups".
Na, then I'd have to post the various group in Benin, Ivory, etc etc. That's just too much. That's why I'm glad us central africans just go by Bantu, its another word for Niger-Congo B.

We aint got them other problems.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I'm looking at the Nok Culture
http://archive.archaeology.org/1107/features/nok_nigeria_africa_terracotta.html
and it seems to be the oldest sign of Niger-Congo life. But it didnt last. 2 things could have happened....
they decided to continue on south...or....they decided to move up north where the larger kingdom (Ghana Empire) began. :hmmobama:

So far the second oldest is Ghana.....and the Mande are new arrivals. Nok could have been first...then moved up.

Let me check Cameroons history right quick.

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Na, then I'd have to post the various group in Benin, Ivory, etc etc. That's just too much. That's why I'm glad us central africans just go by Bantu, its another word for Niger-Congo B.

We aint got them other problems.
True but that why there were problems when the British decided to groups us all as one. It didn't end well.

Last edited:

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
and it seems to be the oldest sign of Niger-Congo life. But it didnt last. 2 things could have happened....
they decided to continue on south...or....they decided to move up north where the larger kingdom (Ghana Empire) began. :hmmobama:

So far the second oldest is Ghana.....and the Mande are new arrivals. Nok could have been first...then moved up.

My people the Edo/benin also have similar art works to the Noks as do the Yorubas. Anyways good information/thread, just trying to help you with others parts of Africa some of us take that shyt to heart

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanem_Empire

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I saw that. I'm almoooost there I can feel it.

So far...what I gather...we are new to the area as of 1000-500bc. That is Nok, they die out 300BC

Sao appears 600bc. perhaps those from Nok moved to Sao.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sao_civilisation

Kanem is the descendents of Sao Civilization-- Kotoko Kingdom are too. Both Kanem and Kotoko are the sons of Sao who after settled in Nigeria, Cameroon, Southwest Chad. Remember earlier I spoke about the path? Sahel? They came in through there. within that time frame. and guess what time frame that was in Egypt? Same time the Assyrians came in and everyone scrambled south/southwest.

check it.
Founding by immigrants c. 600 BC
The origins of Kanem Empire are very unclear. Until today, historiographical debates oppose the followers of a foundation of Kanem-Bornu by populations from the ancient Near East and followers of a more local development. Some researches try to connect the creation of Kanem-Bornu with exodus from the collapsed Assyrian Empire c. 600 BC to the northeast of Lake Chad.[2] The intensity of scholar discussions around this theory proves that the question hasn't been solved yet, and we must be very cautious concerning early formation of Kanem-Bornu.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
The Sara People are also from this area. They make up the northern part of Central Africa. So far, we found the settlers of Niger-Congo A, and the northern Bantus...still trying to find the southern bantus. Sara People are Nilos.This is the group that told the Bantus about the east and Ethiopia's new trade.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_people
Located in the south, especially in the Moyen-Chari, Logone Oriental, Logone Occidental, and parts of the Tandjile regions, they are Nilotic people who are believed to have migrated westwards to the Chad during the sixteenth century because of a constant threat from Arab slave raiders.[citation needed]

The Sara is a patrilineal ethnic group. Its people speak a Nilo-Sudanic language and form some twelve tribes or clans, including the Ngambaye, the Mbaye, the Goulay, the Madjingaye, the Kaba, the Sara-Kaba, the Niellim, the Nar, the Dai and Ngama.

The Sara (Sa-Ra) designation appears to have been derived from Arabic, meaning the Sons of Ra, the ancient Egyptian Sun-God. The Sara lived in the north-east along the Nile River before they sought refuge in the south against northern Arab slave raids.