Someone in the comments asked if the NOI is a Lightskin cult

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Why do most Islamic scholars considered the NOI to not be a real Islamic sect ?

primarily boils down to the interpretation of Fard Muhammad being “Allah” and the statements of “Man” being “God”.

This goes against Islam if you take the statements at literal face value. Also originally NOI fasted in Dec instead of following Ramadan. But the key issue is saying that God is anyone but God.

some NOI people like to say they are actually saying Fard Muhammad and the Black man is “OF GOD” Thus being part of an entity inherently makes you said entity, in the context that said entity is working through you (hence the white man is the devil stuff as the white man is not a literal man in a red suit living underground but more so evil acts through them thus they are inherently evil).

all that said though words are important and you cant leave stuff up for interpretation.

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do understand the NOI is a “nation” in itself thus the “black America” thing doesn’t really mean anything to them.

It mattered to Elijah Muhammad but somewhere along the line things began to change.

“The rest of them negroes is just your associates” 2:40

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It mattered to Elijah Muhammad but somewhere along the line things began to change.

“The rest of them negroes is just your associates” 2:40

i mean Elijah spent his life saying Get down or Parish lol. Idk why people think this org was something else. I will say Farrakhan is way more lax when it comes to the “community” stuff but Elijah and the original NOI were pretty clear on their stance of their way is the only way and anyone not down will meet the same fate as the devil.

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i mean Elijah spent his life saying Get down or Parish lol. Idk why people think this org was something else. I will say Farrakhan is way more lax when it comes to the “community” stuff but Elijah and the original NOI were pretty clear on their stance of their way is the only way and anyone not down will meet the same fate as the devil.

I think with Elijah they were more out there. Farrakhan tried but he gotten sick too. Theyboth have people around them in their ear with their own motives.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was more than just thier founder

He was also seen as thier GOD...

SMH just like I tell my NOI patnah all the time

That shyt is ridiculous ..

Because the lessons teach to not worship or honor a Mystery God

And y'all up here worshipping this mysterious racially ambiguous Crakkker

Wallace_Fard_Muhammad.jpg

Supposedly he's the supreme being/captain of the Mother Plane, right?

I have family members who was on that 5% kick in the 90's.I remember

one of them telling me how Fard had telekinetic/telepathic powers.He could

read your thoughts from from 40,000 miles in the sky aboard the mother plane.

And with the power of thought/telekinesis, he could turn the sky/atmosphere

into a big ball of fire Terminator 2 Judgement Day style:merchant:

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yea I too heard he was non-Black. And can you elaborate with the bolded?

Your proximity to whiteness in terms of skin color meant privilege, status, and sometimes life. Most of the Black firsts came from some really light black people.

Plessy in Plessy V. Fergurson - a supreme court case that started Jim Crow/ separate but equal - was 1/16 Black. This is him.
636637134109374247-homer-a-1.-plessy.public-domain-2.jpg

We - today- would not consider these people Black, but they historically are. It is colorism because they favor being light and sought out ways to protect their light skin status, but it wasn't about out of pettiness more so survival.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When the Sudanese 'arabs' were committing genocide against the more kinky haired Sudanese(of various religions), Farrakhan had nothing to say about it. He was friendly with that 'arab' govt back then. I read about when he was called on it.