Some of the most popular Open world games barely even get completed.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I mean I’m not sure why you felt the need to type all this out.

120+ PS4s in homes. Spider-Man sold ~20 million copies.

It’s clear PlayStation owners/fans aren’t primarily motivated by exclusives. That’s been my only point.

You disagree?? Please explain how you made it to your conclusion .:cheers:

There's only a handful of any games hitting 20+ mill sold (or any media for that matter), regardless of party affiliation or install base. So I'm not sure what conclusion you're aiming for, b'sides juelzing and shyts n giggles.

Eminem, Drake and Jay-Z probably have a 100 mill records sold, each. But there's probably a billion hip-hop fans world wide. Should they all hang their heads and commit seppuku that they didn't reach 3 quarters of their install base?:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of people didn't like that the kinect added to the price, thought it wasn't that useful, and didn't like that it pulled from system resources.

but wait...the playstation 3 also ended up costing more money, ended up selling less out the gate, and was harder to developer for than the 360. The same problems the xbox one had....why did the xbox one not turn it around like the ps3?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Why is this thread about Sony?

In general people don't complete games.

This is why I don't understand the hate for linear games and this demand for open world games all the time.

CP77 won't have fixed half of it's issues if they weren't trying to make an living open world game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There's only a handful of any games hitting 20+ mill sold (or any media for that matter), regardless of party affiliation or install base. So I'm not sure what conclusion you're aiming for, b'sides juelzing and shyts n giggles.
I’m not arguing this fact. Not sure how it applies to my post. Care to explain?? :ehh:

Eminem, Drake and Jay-Z probably have a 100 mill records sold, each. But there's probably a billion hip-hop fans world wide. Should they all hang their heads and commit seppuku that they didn't reach 3 quarters of their install base?:francis:
If someone argued that Apple Music was more popular than tidal cause they have more Drake songs you’d call that bullshyt :mjpls:.....no??

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
but wait...the playstation 3 also ended up costing more money, ended up selling less out the gate, and was harder to developer for than the 360. The same problems the xbox one had....why did the xbox one not turn it around like the ps3?
This isn't coherent creh.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

imagine that, a platform that sells 1 type of games has a larger attachment rate of that 1 type of game than the platform thats sells 5 types of games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This isn't coherent creh.

every issue you mention with the xbox one failing are issues that happened in the first year. The first year doesn't determine the failure or success of a console, like it didn't for the PS3 that also had a rough start.

The xbox one failed because it failed to provide anything specific to its hardware over 7 years.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
every issue you mention with the xbox one failing are issues that happened in the first year. The first year doesn't determine the failure or success of a console, like it didn't for the PS3 that also had a rough start.

The xbox one failed because it failed to provide anything specific to its hardware over 7 years.
Xbox sold just as well in the US as the playstation. :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just barely, maybe, as we don’t have complete numbers.

360 sold more than PS3 in America.

It’s fairly even here.
Xbox sold just as well in the US as the playstation. :yeshrug:

now we're moving goal post lol the xbox sold 28 million consoles here, if it were a beloved american brand, thats pretty bad. Even for the 360 it was bad just barely edging out the ps3. If a console is going to only be favored in one market, that should lead you to believe that it should be clearly dominant in that market as well.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
now we're moving goal post lol the xbox sold 28 million consoles here, if it were a beloved american brand, thats pretty bad. Even for the 360 it was bad just barely edging out the ps3. If a console is going to only be favored in one market, that should lead you to believe that it should be clearly dominant in that market as well.
I have not moved anything.

360 sold more than PS3 in the states. That’s facts.

You’re the one that moves goalposts with every post. :mjlol:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’m not arguing this fact. Not sure how it applies to my post. Care to explain?? :ehh:

If someone argued that Apple Music was more popular than tidal cause they have more Drake songs you’d call that bullshyt :mjpls:.....no??

Easily. You've been reiterating how "bad" 20 mill of Sony games are due to having 5 times that as an install base, but now you're saying you're in agreement with me saying that 20 mill isn't bad at all regardless of install base. Just what side of this are you trying to be on? Hell, are you even trying now, lol?

And that analogy, whilst I see you trying to flip my own, is just bad on multiple levels, so it's not worth answering seriously.