Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Are you?

Rec center athletes took us this far, our best athletes would fare far better.

This thread is about having more skill/technique than raw athleticism and you come in this thread like "But our best athletes are not here :mindblown:"

maybe you're just tired.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
And where was he the last two games? dude never even had a shot on goal.

No doubt he would outmuscle everyone but top defenders are not stupid enough to try go muscle for muscle. They would pressure him into making a mistake

So what your saying is..............despite their raw athleticism africans lack the technical aspects of the sport ? :smugbiden:
footballing knowledge yes, if your talking about actual techniquel ability then no:ehh:

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And where was he the last two games? dude never even had a shot on goal.

No doubt he would outmuscle everyone but top defenders are not stupid enough to try go muscle for muscle. They would pressure him into making a mistake

So what your saying is..............despite their raw athleticism africans lack the technical aspects of the sport ? :smugbiden:

Except you would also have the best coaching minds in US soccer instead of in basketball or american football. Imagine popavitch or a bill bellichick type of soccer coach coaching up the US men's team. You are trying to apply athleticism in a vacuum to US soccer when it wouldn't work like that if America really cared about it like it cares about American football.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
No one with common sense who makes this claim, is saying that skill and technique aren't needed. But you don't think there aren't nikkas who would have amazing footwork if they started playing soccer when they were young. Now imagine that plus a superior athlete? If someone who had Kobes athleticism plus his work ethic and proper coaching and had amazing footwork wouldn't be superior player to some of these star soccer players? and this isn't bias cause I'm a huge futbol fan and played competitively. We have basketball players who would be world class athletes in numerous sports but soccer players wouldn't be world class in anything but soccer.

Soccer is much more than just footwork lol

Oh hey our guys have footwork were gonna win the world cup now :ahh:

:camby:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
lebron cramped up without ac

now we expecting a dude his size to run like 2 miles in a game in the boiling heat?

LeBron is too big and lacks the footwork to be a futbol player.

If you're going to use basketball players as examples, point to guys like :youngsabo:, Nate Robinson, Derrick Rose, prime Dwayne Wade, CP3, etc.Guys that fall within the normal height ranges of footie players.

The average height of that Belgium squad is 6'1", the average height of NFL players is 6'1" and NBA PGs are 6'0" (SGs 6'3").

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
That's not much heaver than Lukaku, I'm just applying the US "bigger, faster, stronger" tax to it.

And you don't need much more than 15 mins when dudes are getting carted off the pitch for getting in LaQuinton's way :banderas:

is all good until them MADE IN AMERICA hamstrings come into play

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
footballing knowledge yes, if your talking about actual techniquel ability then no:ehh:

Technique and skill are not just just what you do on the ball its off the ball as well. Africans are lacking in that department.

Daps
This thread is about having more skill/technique than raw athleticism and you come in this thread like "But our best athletes are not here :mindblown:"

maybe you're just tired.

You're trying to act like Blackleticism wouldn't excel in soccer, which is baseless.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
I played soccer and football competitively in high school and it was a bytch because I would be going to my night soccer games after football practice, so I had to choose. We would have hundreds of people at my football games, only 20(parents) at the soccer games. It wasn't hard to make that choice of which sport I was going to stick to. Most of the black dudes I played football with, laughed at me for going to soccer practice afterwards, they thought the sport was gay(which it isn't) they were straight up a$$holes but I knew they would of been dope at it. I haven't played competitive soccer since I was 18 but I can still go run with guys who have been playing college soccer, just because my athleticism allows me to hang with them. I hate Americas ego of being the best, or we could be the best more than anyone but in soccer, I admit, they could.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
I haven't played competitive soccer since I was 18 but I can still go run with guys who have been playing college soccer, just because my athleticism allows me to hang with them.

You can hang with em cos they suck. Not even a diss.

You're trying to act like Blackleticism wouldn't excel in soccer, which is baseless.

I give up

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
The " if LeBron,Westbrook, D Rose etc. played soccer instead of football" arguments at least have large amounts of posters who understand that soccer is not a game you can just dominate with by sheer athleticism....

When it comes to Hockey, nikkas really think that A) LeBron sized players don't exist B) that being able to run fast,jump high, and bench press alot= being instantly skilled at skating, puck handling and coordinated enough to do both at high speeds