Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
times change,right now it may b about technique, in 10 years time it could be all about athletic players (your g.bale etc)

You're 100% right technique will be irrelevant and teams like argentina and brazil where the average height is 5'7 will just disappear from soccer.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
the problem is the polar opposite views on both sides.

people who think being big and athletic automatically means becoming dominate and people who think that our athletes would not be able to put the time and effort to learn the skills necessary to be a good player. :manny:

but soccer will never pop in the hood tho so all of this is just pointless theories :mjlol:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
And speaking on lukaku dude played 2 games before this one and did nothing. Now USA already have trash defense but imagine this trash defense being exhausted. Enter Lukaku who is fresh and ready to play. People saying because lukaku can do it so can brolic jerome in florida. But lets remind ourselves that lukaku has been practicing his whole life, went to an elite academy and played for elite teams in elite leagues sharpening his skills.

Daps
No doubt they would be exciting but there lack of football IQ would get them lynched :mjlol:

Why is their lack of soccer IQ a given? :what:

Obviously a great American athlete not quite good enough for the league ain't gonna just pick up soccer tomorrow and dominate the world cup in 2018. But if our top tier athletes chose soccer growing up we'd dominate.

Blackleticism knows no bounds. :blessed:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
And speaking on lukaku dude played 2 games before this one and did nothing. Now USA already have trash defense but imagine this trash defense being exhausted. Enter Lukaku who is fresh and ready to play. People saying because lukaku can do it so can brolic jerome in florida. But lets remind ourselves that lukaku has been practicing his whole life, went to an elite academy and played for elite teams in elite leagues sharpening his skills.

but what did lukaku do for the first goal,"out muscled " his defender

there was no technique displayed in lukaku's play today ,jus strength and brute force, not saying technique is not needed but lukaku on the ball isnt a great display of a technically skilled player

if USA can convince great coaches to come over they will soon be a force, they breed athletic players,fast,strong,skillful players,......

i donno if they have the system in place already but if they can have a system like collage basketball/football then they will find themselves in a good space in about 10 years time

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Ok breh I'll break it down for you

but what did lukaku do for the first goal,"out muscled " his defender

there was no technique displayed in lukaku's play today ,jus strength and brute force, not saying technique is not needed but lukaku on the ball isnt a great display of a technically skilled player

1. The american defense were tired, absolutely done.

2. Lukaku had fresh legs

3. USA were so desperate for a goal they put everybody up field = Lukaku having tons of space.

4. If lukaku had played the full 90 minutes they would have not lrft him that much space

5. No doubt that was a great show of speed and strength but against a top defense that would of not happened

6. African teams are full of lukaku clones....where are african teams now? eliminated.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
i donno if they have the system in place already but if they can have a system like collage basketball/football then they will find themselves in a good space in about 10 years time
I'd have to believe this wouldn't be the case. USA players coming from USA highschools to play in college would be playing against other USA ex-highschoolers, who were trained in a USA highschool with other highschoolers who are assuredly not all that to begin with. The result of that is what you have right now basically. Firstly, I'd have an amazingly hard time believing a top foreign coach would want to coach a USA college team. Even if they did, which is again unlikely, the players should have been learning skill and technique and everything of that nature well before they reach the college age.