Soccer = Skill and Technique (USA Needs to Understand This)

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
Soccer is much more than just footwork lol

Oh hey our guys have footwork were gonna win the world cup now :ahh:

:camby:

I know it is? I'm just saying... you are crazy to think If Americans wanted to apply themselves in soccer they couldn't be the best. I grew up on soccer, left the states because I couldn't stand so many aspects of the country and even I can admit they could dominate if the applied themselves to the game the way Italy or England do.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Technique and skill are not just just what you do on the ball its off the ball as well. Africans are lacking in that department.
thats what i said lol.....football( tactical )knowledge= no

//

put it this way, if the USA gain the coaches that are in Europe,you will soon see great players come out of the country,

US will soon breed their own zlatan

zlatan.gif

:wow:

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
You can hang with em cos they suck. Not even a diss.

I give up

I think everyone's point is we have missed out on american Messis and Ronaldos because they werent exposed to the sport, where is everyone in Argentina picked up a soccer ball at some point? I'm not saying athleticism will carry you but we have probably missed out on people who would the touch and soccer knowledge just as good as Messi

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think most people who deride the American position that our best athlete's don't play soccer miss the wider point. The talent pool for soccer is so small in the US that we can't develop great players because they are being put towards other sports instead of soccer.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is that why we have people like DeAndre Jordan starting for teams :ohhh:

Is DeAndre Jordan a star world class player?

If DeAndre Jordan had great skills and technique. Then he would be one of the highest paid players in the league. He would've made Team USA.

That like saying is it why Clint Dempsey was a starting player in the English league.

Negged

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
also notice how most players spend der time in the gym......

im telling you,the shift will take place soon....

soon der will be as much g.bales and ronaldos as der is technical players

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
If we funneled half of the kids that we pour into basketball/football... into soccer.

We would be having a very different discussion.

We don't... so we aren't. Concussions in football might be the spark that ignites soccer in america.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
LeBron is too big and lacks the footwork to be a futbol player.

If you're going to use basketball players as examples, point to guys like :youngsabo:, Nate Robinson, Derrick Rose, prime Dwayne Wade, CP3, etc.Guys that fall within the normal height ranges of footie players.

The average height of that Belgium squad is 6'1", the average height of NFL players is 6'1" and NBA PGs are 6'0" (SGs 6'3").
lol, you haven't seen Peter Crouch have you? That's nikka was soccer's Shawn Bradley.

There have been some tall strikers in soccer, that nikka for the Netherlands, Karsten Jancker, Kanu and of course Zlatan.