Soccer Player: “When you make it out of Africa, your family expects you to support everyone!”

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Breh you sound crazy

Money can run out

A lot of people don’t understand money

Taxes fees agents

You get triple taxed if your really think about it

I will help close family maybe set up a few million depending on what I got but that’s it

This happens so much to us here im the states too

I have a feeling that’s what happened to master P

Remember that rant he went on saying he not the family ATM?

But there was entire think pieces on a imaginary cousin of Jay-Z

It’s crazy

he made up that story? :ohhh:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Well known fact. I don't remember which football player actually got threatened and I believe even sequestrated by his brother and iirc his mom was part of the plan too. Another young breh entirely shut off his family as soon as reached 18 (I think it was in Germany) because he had signed before becoming an adult and basically entire family was living lavishngly off of him.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he made up that story? :ohhh:
If you watch the interview he was bouncing off what Kevin hart said

It never happened while he was a billionaire

In fact he does help family his cousin owns a chicken chain

He was talking about how when Kevin goes home when he first started getting some money and cousins he never met came out the woodwork

That lil clip cause so many think pieces

:russ:

Look at this and see …

Jay just to blast what he does that’s why we don’t know about it

Last edited:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
If I made it to a level of great financial success, I wouldn't mind helping out family members. That's just me :yeshrug:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Ain't no way..........If I am paying for kids they mine now, it's obvious you can't care for them......this goes beyond help and support the way he saying it

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This definitely isn’t a black/African/Caribbean thing and tbh, it’s not necessarily a poverty thing either.

It’s definitely something with the parents of the millennial generation. I know several people (across ethnicities) that have tension with their parents because they’re treated like piggy bank.

I’m earning very good money and before I bought my house, I had to give a lot of money to my parents several times for whatever reasons (and they earn very good money too). The moment I didn’t give money with a smile and a nod, it started fracturing our relationship because they would start saying things to make me feel like I’m a bad person.

I even know a girl that moved out her parents house because they were making her pay for everything and then had the cheek to say she still needs to give them a monthly contribution even though she doesn’t live there anymore :scust: