Soccer Player: “When you make it out of Africa, your family expects you to support everyone!”

Daps
Once you come across some money, you become a target, that includes people who are related to you. Helping out people you want to is fine, but for some reason some people think they are entitled to your money.

My sister feels that way about me right now. I had to cut her off. And I'm not even a millionaire.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
you would only get money from me as an investment and if you’re good for it I’ll give more in tiers if you reach certain milestones. If my nieces and nephews make it residency or engineering school I’ll pay some bills. You set up a certain type of business, I’ll cover costs. My nieces and nephews wanna do music? I’ll buy the instruments if it keeps them out the streets and you make them do lessons.

But damn having tons of kids with some random just because your brothers rich? That’s fukking weird.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know a dude who sends thousands to his idiot brother a year. When I ask him why, he says his brother would probably get himself in heavy debt and possibly killed if he didn’t do it. His brother has a wife and 5 kids too lol

Daps
I believe him.

I saw a documentary on Emmanuel Adebayor (another premier league player), who was threatened by his family because he started to refuse his demands. shyt was heavy for him.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Well africans see their children as "retirement plans" and as a result extended family feel entitled to a piece of the pie due to "blood" :yeshrug:

But I think the issue is that the givers don't have uncomfortable conversations as to what the end game is.

If you're just giving a family member money and not setting them strict deadlines as to when they should be self sufficient by with the penalty being no more money if they don't meet the deadline they will forever keep asking/expecting :manny:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

“The Black Tax.” :jbhmm:

I understand. He’s got his own family to feed.

Mikel-Obi-His-Russian-Wife-and-Their-Twin-Daughters_opt.jpg

Beautiful fam. :mjcry:

:pachaha:

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
Don't lump us in with this.

FBA are the only ones that does this, oops🤷🏿‍♂️

"Black tax" nah.

I just seen a video saying black folks expect their children who make it big to buy mom or dad a house.

It was on some other ethnicities don't do this type of chit. Well, we see that's a damn lie.