So Yeah...PUBG on the Xbox One :Patrice

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I still find the concentration on performance specs on consoles a bit funny.

Since the beginning of time consoles have had unstable performance.

Hell its to the point where I almost expect slowdown when a bunch of shyt happens cause that's how it's ALWAYS been.

Some of the best or and most popular classics have had shyt framerates.

From games back in the day like mega man, to MGS and Zelda, Halo, and even to The Last Of Us. And now PUBG, Framerates have been absolutely shyt, but people still love them and view them as some of the best games ever.

Really don't understand the current infatuation with seeing these numbers and complaining on the internet about it.

I have not played PUBG but it seems the people that are playing don't give a fukk about the performance. Seems only people on the internet with too much time on their hands are complaining. :yeshrug:
It's just dikk measuring. :dame:

All these consoles are just computers. Sure there's nuance to the technology inside and the tools used to create software, so sometimes consoles pump better graphics out than we expect; but at the end of the day the 500 box of computer components will almost never match the 1500 box of computer components.

The stan wars can be fun but really what are we fighting about? Consoles are limited, some of us still play em cause of the eco systems, trophies, first party titles, friends on that particular platform etc. I don't get why PC gamers feel the need to "nah nah nah nah nah" @ console gamers about what they aren't getting as if we don't understand our purchase and it's limitations. Then they spend a whole lot of time an energy trying to rationalize our decision and smugly laugh to themselves about how dumb we are.

It is what it is. Xenoblade 2 runs in like 368 p on hand held and when a bunch've shyt is happening on screen docked I've seen the shyt tank to like 10 fps.

It's still possibly the best game I've played this year.

I do like smoother framerates, higher resolutions etc (mgs 3 in HD 60 fps was great) it's not a deal breaker for me.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Who said im upset? nikka I dont HAVE to play it on the One X. Being that I have a fully capable PC. Im just stating that the devs are focusing on the wrong shyt. Which they are. They are talking about updating textures when they should be talking about updating performance to atleast make it playable for people who paid for it. U dont give a fukk. Cause u dont buy shyt. U just talk about it. Im speaking for the people who actually own the console. Like me and unlike urself. And im warning people to wait with their money until shyt gets fixed. But dont get their hopes up TOO HIGH cause being that the game is so cpu heavy. Its gonna take some time for them to get it right. If they fully get it right at all. This isnt a Microsoft issue. Im not blaming them. Im just stating the walls the console is gonna face when it runs into cpu games like this.
You're not speaking for the people. You are complaining about a games preview game not being finished. You volunteer that you can play it on PC? Then do that and shut the fukk up. You taking blind shots at me when you dont know me or my gaming habits shows me that you have emotional attachment to all of this now. Well listen clearly, I've played this on PC and I have it on console. Don't talk down to me because you are an insecure little bytch. Now sit your dumbass down somewhere with your laptop and be content with that. You are a fool if you think Microsoft won't have this game running smoothly in due time. Stop complaining about the 4k textures that are about to drop any day now. That release has literally nothing to do with the optimizations that are on the way and ongoing. You are overeating like if one is related to the other when it is not. The Xbox one X is not a PC, it handles things in a completely different and unique way that you sir are oblivious about. Trust that the billion dollar company will handle it.

The game looks like Ark with guns. I know how that game evolved, this will as well. Sorry if you can't handle a game preview, it's like you're too immature to accept that it's unfinished. Weird but that's the skinny jeans way I guess :francis:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
jackfrags did alright

he did complain about the framerate dropping during firefights though

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I still find the concentration on performance specs on consoles a bit funny.

Since the beginning of time consoles have had unstable performance.

Hell its to the point where I almost expect slowdown when a bunch of shyt happens cause that's how it's ALWAYS been.

Some of the best or and most popular classics have had shyt framerates.

From games back in the day like mega man, to MGS and Zelda, Halo, and even to The Last Of Us. And now PUBG, Framerates have been absolutely shyt, but people still love them and view them as some of the best games ever.

Really don't understand the current infatuation with seeing these numbers and complaining on the internet about it.

I have not played PUBG but it seems the people that are playing don't give a fukk about the performance. Seems only people on the internet with too much time on their hands are complaining. :yeshrug:
Bro. I actually feel what u saying here. Issue is tho. When it comes to competitive multiplayer games. The success of COD has proven console gamers do care about performance. Whether they know it or not. Alot of console gamers aint know shyt about 60fps n shyt.like that. But they knew that regardless of the graphical inferiority to other shooters. It still looked decent and most of all. It FELT better to play. It felt snappier. There was less input lag. There was a smoothness in gameplay that won over alot of gamers. A multiplayer game dropping down to 14-17 fps? In 2017? Nah fam thats crazy. And theres controller and input lag issues as well. U cant be selling a multiplayer game that runs like that. This is something they HAVE to fix.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's just dikk measuring. :dame:

All these consoles are just computers. Sure there's nuance to the technology inside and the tools used to create software, so sometimes consoles pump better graphics out than we expect; but at the end of the day the 500 box of computer components will almost never match the 1500 box of computer components.

The stan wars can be fun but really what are we fighting about? Consoles are limited, some of us still play em cause of the eco systems, trophies, first party titles, friends on that particular platform etc. I don't get why PC gamers feel the need to "nah nah nah nah nah" @ console gamers about what they aren't getting as if we don't understand our purchase and it's limitations. Then they spend a whole lot of time an energy trying to rationalize our decision and smugly laugh to themselves about how dumb we are.

It is what it is. Xenoblade 2 runs in like 368 p on hand held and when a bunch've shyt is happening on screen docked I've seen the shyt tank to like 10 fps.

It's still possibly the best game I've played this year.

I do like smoother framerates, higher resolutions etc (mgs 3 in HD 60 fps was great) it's not a deal breaker for me.
That's all that matters to me. Is the shyt fun.

Obviously you want the best performance you can get, but if you turn the game on and have fun you shouldn't be waiting for digital foundry to tell you if your fun is stable enough.:beli:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
That's all that matters to me. Is the shyt fun.

Obviously you want the best performance you can get, but if you turn the game on and have fun you shouldn't be waiting for digital foundry to tell you if your fun is stable enough.:beli:
I agree. Like I said before I think Digital Foundry is hurting console gaming. Same way they bytched and moaned about The Last Of Us remastered on the PS4 Pro having a 1to 2 fps drop even tho the game was running like 4x the resolution and had higher graphical fidelity. Naughty Dog in turn nerfed the game and removed the whole setting from the game cause of it. And never added it back. People were pissed off about it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bro. I actually feel what u saying here. Issue is tho. When it comes to competitive multiplayer games. The success of COD has proven console gamers do care about performance. Whether they know it or not. Alot of console gamers aint know shyt about 60fps n shyt.like that. But they knew that regardless of the graphical inferiority to other shooters. It still looked decent and most of all. It FELT better to play. It felt snappier. There was less input lag. There was a smoothness in gameplay that won over alot of gamers. A multiplayer game dropping down to 14-17 fps? In 2017? Nah fam thats crazy. And theres controller and input lag issues as well. U cant be selling a multiplayer game that runs like that. This is something they HAVE to fix.
It's an early access, not full retail title. Sure the performance should and will be addressed. That's a given.

But again even using the terms "input lag" and "FPS" in reference to a console game is some new shyt.

Most people don't and never have given a shyt. You mention COD but that framerate was always shyt through its most popular times. And I bet nobody even thought to check input lag.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
It's an early access, not full retail title. Sure the performance should and will be addressed. That's a given.

But again even using the terms "input lag" and "FPS" in reference to a console game is some new shyt.

Most people don't and never have given a shyt. You mention COD but that framerate was always shyt through its most popular times. And I bet nobody even thought to check input lag.
:what: nikka COD ran 60fps in multiplayer since Modern Warfare. This new gen is when the frames got less consistent.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
You're not speaking for the people. You are complaining about a games preview game not being finished. You volunteer that you can play it on PC? Then do that and shut the fukk up. You taking blind shots at me when you dont know me or my gaming habits shows me that you have emotional attachment to all of this now. Well listen clearly, I've played this on PC and I have it on console. Don't talk down to me because you are an insecure little bytch. Now sit your dumbass down somewhere with your laptop and be content with that. You are a fool if you think Microsoft won't have this game running smoothly in due time. Stop complaining about the 4k textures that are about to drop any day now. That release has literally nothing to do with the optimizations that are on the way and ongoing. You are overeating like if one is related to the other when it is not. The Xbox one X is not a PC, it handles things in a completely different and unique way that you sir are oblivious about. Trust that the billion dollar company will handle it.

The game looks like Ark with guns. I know how that game evolved, this will as well. Sorry if you can't handle a game preview, it's like you're too immature to accept that it's unfinished. Weird but that's the skinny jeans way I guess :francis:
Son fukk outta here wit this shyt. U the one who act the way u do about a VIDEO GAME u dont even own.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Stop lying. COD was 60fps on last gen consoles.
Heres an article on it from back then comparing it to Battlefield which was locked at 30fps on console.
Battlefield vs. Modern Warfare: Does 60FPS Really Matter?

Heres people discussing it on forums
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=423278

Framerate all over the place. Drops all the way to 30 on PS3

Like I said. Nobody cared. People didn't care so much that you incorrectly think bad framerates just started this gen:francis:

If this was a X1 game dropping all the way to 30fps we'd get all types of threads and posts about it.

Edit: briefly read through your thread and not one person mentioned anything about how inconsistent the framerate is.

Thanks for proving my point buddy :cheers:

• Dap

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

Framerate all over the place. Drops all the way to 30 on PS3

Like I said. Nobody cared. People didn't care so much that you incorrectly think bad framerates just started this gen:francis:

If this was a X1 game dropping all the way to 30fps we'd get all types of threads and posts about it.

Edit: briefly read through your thread and not one person mentioned anything about how inconsistent the framerate is.

Thanks for proving my point buddy :cheers:

Fam. There was complaints about the PS3 vs 360 versions of the game. Did u forget. Either way. They are showing single player footage and not multiplayer. And regardless. Go and compare that to other shooters at the time that couldnt maintain even 30fps. There was a big difference in smoothness when it came to COD vs other shooters and the gamers noticed it. Which is one of the reasons why the game did so well compared to other shooters.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Fam. There was complaints about the PS3 vs 360 versions of the game. Did u forget. Either way. They are showing single player footage and not multiplayer. And regardless. Go and compare that to other shooters at the time that couldnt maintain even 30fps. There was a big difference in smoothness when it came to COD vs other shooters and the gamers noticed it. Which is one of the reasons why the game did so well compared to other shooters.

Nothing "smooth" about that.

No way you would call that performance "smooth" in any other context.

You don't even care about fukked up framerates in games last gen:mjlol:

• Dap