So Yeah...PUBG on the Xbox One :Patrice

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
it's a lot more complicated than that. the game needs to keep everything that happens on a huge island synced for all 100 players. the number of objects also hits the CPU hard, and that's why you'll often get bad performance in areas with a lot of buildings

pretty much all of these games (DayZ, Arma, Rust, Ark, etc) have these performance issues. they're just magnified by the weak console CPU
But I've been playing fortnite battle Royale since it launched and haven't experienced anything like this.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
But I've been playing fortnite battle Royale since it launched and haven't experienced anything like this.
Yea, this shyt is still disappointing because I expected a bit more optimization even started this stage but this shyt isn't terrible in comparison to what I've seen streaming.

Fortnite is much smoother.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's a smaller map (about 1/3 the size I think), more arcady (less sim calculations), and it's a first party Epic game

is it capped at 30 fps on console?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Am i wrong, sure some pcs can run it but not the majority barely can
it's tricky when you start talking about the "majority" of PC's. but 20 million is a big number, and the game runs fine on most modern 'gaming' PC's

my gf's son plays it on a laptop i5 and a gtx 940mx. thing is he's willing to suffer potato graphics to get better performance

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
..but why? It's cpu intensive because of how poorly optimized it is.

There's no reason for a game that looks like that to run so poorly.
Bro there’s games that are cpu intensive and games that arent. Regardless of the way they look. Alot of games along the lines of PUBG are cpu intensive. This is some shyt us PC gamers been tryna say in other threads but nobody wanted to hear it. shyt. Even Fortnite Battle Royale runs better on PS4 Pro cause they were too ambitious with the One X version. Tryna run that shyt at 4K n shyt. One thing alot of console gamers dont get is that the main objective for competitive multiplayer games is performance. fukk are they tryna run PUBG in 4K on the One X for? They shouldve went 1440p. Its not like the game is great in the looks department anyway. They mightve had a better chance at keeping that locked 30fps. Not a guarantee cause of the cpu but perfomance should def be the main objective with this game.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
it's tricky when you start talking about the "majority" of PC's. but 20 million is a big number, and the game runs fine on most modern 'gaming' PC's

my gf's son plays it on a laptop i5 and a gtx 940mx. thing is he's willing to suffer potato graphics to get better performance
Exactly.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
one thing I'll say is no one should worry too much about the performance in the lobby, and/or the plane. jumping out the plane isn't a big deal either

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I understand the dilemma, cause if you release the game with extra-low graphics on the xbox, people gonna complain about that. not to mention they gonna say it looked better in pre-release videos (downgrade-athon)

just another reason I prefer PC Gaming: I can choose what's important to me :win: ...including spending more money on hardware :sadcam:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Why people even wasted money on this I have no clue.This shyt is so poorly optimized right now I wouldn't spend a penny on it on Xbox

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I understand the dilemma, cause if you release the game with extra-low graphics on the xbox, people gonna complain about that. not to mention they gonna say it looked better in pre-release videos (downgrade-athon)

just another reason I prefer PC Gaming: I can choose what's important to me :win: ...including spending more money on hardware :sadcam:
Muhfukkas like Digital Foundry got these nikkas all fukked up in the game. Console gamers talking shyt but even THEY prefer performance over graphics and they dont even know it. Its the fukkin reason that despite COD not being the best graphics in a FPS on console. It was the most successful. The shyt prioritized performance and the players FELT that shyt and couldnt live without it whether they realized why or not. They just knew the game was more responsive.

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
It actually ain’t too bad on Xbox. I don’t PC game but it runs cool on console shyt crashes and you gotta get back in, but overall I’ve been doing good.

Caught 2nd like 3 times now and keep dying by the play zone.

Game was worth the money. Ain’t lagging much and frames going crazy like GTA I know that.