So why are you black and not living in Atlanta?

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
Because the HIV/AIDS rates are staggering and leading in cities of the U.S. Ranks #5 under Florida and Louisiana cities.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been there done that. Still around when we feel like kicking it for a weekend, but LIVING there? Nope and the traffic is increasing. By 2020 you better hope they do something about that Marta.......But gentrification still getting people further out the city.

At least they building up Alpharetta for y'all

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atlanta is a great city if you're educated but at the same time overrated... A lot of people act like moving to Atlanta will fix all their problems which is false.

As of matter of fact I know of couple people who weren't do nothing with their life and moved to Atlanta thinking they were about to make it, and ended up back home.

Atlanta is a competitive city. From the fashion, to business scene, jobs, and even women ( for the fellas thinking they gonna get them easy) . Most people who don't like Atlanta are the ones who couldn't compete and ended up having to move back to where ever dusty town they came from. Atlanta will definitely suck if you wanna be average or don't have your stuff together cause everyday your will see black folks younger than you that do have it together and will be reminded how swagless and broke you are. That's just the raw truth of the matter. I see successful brehs and get motivated.. some see them and get bitter.

You gotta step up your game in all aspects cause the truth is no american city has more opportunities for young black professionals than Atlanta. No where else will you see as many blacks in prominent positions in major companies and black owned companies as well. A whole lot of tech companies are moving to Atlanta. Tech is blowing up in the A. Tons of high paying jobs are available. If you got your stuff together ATL is a goldmine cause black folks are VERY willing network, help you and work with you if you have something to offer.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't see as many tech jobs YET in ATL unless you are in Healthcare. Like I said I moved because I worked in the Cloud Computing realm and all the big dogs are in California, but you see a lot of tech growth in places like in Texas, Colorado and Utah.

I have a few contacts in Atlanta though and I considered it coming back but I have to think about how I can generate wealth for myself. All my family on my mom's and dad's side lives in Atlanta or Augusta though.

I think if you're a black person you need to go to Atlanta once. It's like a Haaj to Mecca for black folk. :troll:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Live where the hell you want live:stopitslime:

my ex's brother been living in providence RI for 5-6 years....Breh thought he would hate the situation and planned to only stay a couple years to up his prospects to a more poppin city...but has ended up loving the city and met his fiance there..even rejected a offer to move to charlotte for a higher paying gig but rejected it cause of how comfortable he was at his current spot ..somethings are just meant to be even in the most unlikely places:yeshrug: