So why are you black and not living in Atlanta?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:yeshrug:Cause the DMV has probably the highest concentration of HBCUS,
Morgan
Coppin
Bowie
Howard
UMES

Prince George a county highest income earning black majority county, DMV also has some of THE BADDEST women who are ACTUALLY from the DMV.

JOBS we have health care in Bmore, government in DC, Tech companies in DC/northern Virginia too security clearance but..... yeah.

Only time i look at ATL as being worth the travel is security clearances job wise

Plus I don't really meet c00ns, or hipster bytches who don't fukk with nikkas. Natural hair, septum ring hipster chicks fukk with black dudes. I don't even know where that stereotype came from definitely not from the DMV
Whats crazy is that I get more clearance job offers from DC/DMV than in ATL

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Any of my friends that have visited Atlanta has commented on the large gay population in the city. No one is "looking for it" lol. I've seen the city change from when I lived there before the '96 Olympics to now. There is definitely a change. Instead of Freaknik you have Pride now.

Obviously not the case in the burbs though.

I honestly saw less gays in San Francisco than in Atlanta :yeshrug:

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Whats crazy is that I get more clearance job offers from DC/DMV than in ATL

Lol yeah I don't have any type of security clearance. Which is why I look at ATL like that might be the place to be. But basically ALOT of the IT jobs around DC are tied to government. If you got one you good.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lol yeah I don't have any type of security clearance. Which is why I look at ATL like that might be the place to be. But basically ALOT of the IT jobs around DC are tied to government. If you got one you good.

My buddy keeps baiting me to come back to Northern Virginia. He works for the government and is in technology. Tells me about the job security which is totally true. You have a job for life.

I really like Northern Virginia / DC area but the cost of living would kill me. Making six figures in Texas is not the same as in NOVA.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
tally is coming up slowly for black families too, cheap also so if you married and got a good job start looking down here for housing and cop now.

before it gets packed and them South Florida houses already :jawalrus: on the resale value.

Just a thought...

tally is boring:scust:but think business if you got it like that.

Tally is boring, but the biggest issue is the job market is trash. Best jobs are with the state and they be on some other shyt.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Is DC/DMV that nice?

My boy from here in ATL said he went during the last Million Man March and he loved it. He pretty much said all the good shyt you guys are saying about the women, black professionals, and etc. he liked it a lot.

I hear it's expensive and congested though. Any better or worse than ATL as far as traffic, COL, crime, and etc?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
everything you're saying is true, that's why I'm telling you it's overrated, you get there and there's just a bunch of bums.

wanna be models/actors/rappers/singers working at ROSS and TJmaxx

it appears that you live in ATL, i'm telling you outside of the city, people think it's the new Harlem Renaissance when it's not...

Black Enterprise put out an article for booming new black cities for families, work, quality of life and Miluwakuee, Charlotte, Houston, Dallas and a slew of other cities were on there...I think people are getting caught up in the Tyler Perry/LHHA hype

What you are saying is true. Their are a lot of aspiring artist/ rappers/ actors etc.. BUT the entertainment industry IS a major force in Atlanta. Where else should they be? There is short list of cities where Hollywood and Entertainment have a heavy presence. Outside of LA and NY you got ATL growing now. What your saying is essentially you just don't like the people that the entertainment industry brings and thats a valid argument. Doesnt make a city over rated though. There are many major corporations headquarted in Atlanta and more moving to it every year. From Coca Cola to Mercedes Benz. The opportunities are endless for young professional.

And also any list advocating blacks to move to Milwaukee, Wisconson for a better quality of life is a terrible list and automatically discredited. It has a small black population (under 10 percent) and you will be surrounded by racist. What type of quality of life is that?
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwauke...in-named-worst-state-for-black-americans.html

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
You probably look for the gay nikkas and areas out here. Your location definitely matters as well. No one I know goes to midtown, lenox, etc.... I haven't been in those areas in at least 10 years. and fukk Marietta.. But even in Marietta I only saw one black gay nikka my entire time I working by there

I don't see them or notice them.. like I said, maybe a high black gay population but compared to other places it's not even as noticeable unless it's on your mind:dame:

I live in a majority black suburb by conyers... Haven't seen a batty yet in my damn near 15 years in this sub :dame:

Went out with the fellas and some females a few weeks ago... Not a batty in sight:dame:

Nothing is wrong with Midtown or Lenox. If you're not looking for gay people you don't have to worry about that.

I slick saw more gay people in LA than Atlanta.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Nothing is wrong with Midtown or Lenox. If you're not looking for gay people you don't have to worry about that.

I slick so more gay people in LA than Atlanta.
True i just heard those were a few of the spots the frequent the most

But straight people still do their thing in those areas I know. I rarely fukk with downtown unless it's an event or some shyt anyway. And there are gay people everywhere just not as much as people in here be claiming

I think ATL has a higher than normal AA gay community but not even close to the amount in other cities in general.. And most them here are transplants just like most blacks that are here

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
True i just heard those were a few of the spots the frequent the most

But straight people still do their thing in those areas I know. I rarely fukk with downtown unless it's an event or some shyt anyway. And there are gay people everywhere just not as much as people in here be claiming

I think ATL has a higher than normal AA gay community but not even close to the amount in other cities in general.. And most them here are transplants just like most blacks that are here

As long as Gay people aren't trying to hit on me I don't have a problem with them at all. I don't frequent places where a lot of them are but I won't stop going to a place because a few are known to be there.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
well first off I'm not comparing to any other city, I used charlotte as an example of being able to move somewhere and actually have a better quality of life as an african american

let's keep it all the way 10x10; EVERYBODY knows multiple people that moved to ATL and are doing absolutely NOTHING. I'm not saying you can go down there and be a millionaire just by breathing the air, i'm talking about muthafukkas that moved there to work at Truetts or the airport, meet somebody, have some babies, and live an ordinary life - coulda done that where you were...

and yes everybody knows ATL's movie business is booming, but it's not booming to the point that 1 million+ people moving there next year are ALL going to work in it :comeon:

also you completely glossed over the points I made in my initial post - I know multiple cats that have roommates, and i'm talking 4 and 5 roommates IN NICE HOUSES NOT INNER CITY shyt AT ALL; my point is that people think ATL is this place just oozing w/money and opportunities and that's just not true or it's greatly exaggerated to people on the outside looking in..:manny:

@thatdude901 where should I move eventually? I am 31 years old and live in Americus, GA and work in a restaurant as a busser. I live with my 61 year old mother, have a two year degree in Business Management. Should I just stay in Americus, GA unless I have plans that can make me achieve great success???

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I didn't gloss over your point. You missed mine. I said Atlanta is a competitive city. The folks that don't like it often times just can't compete and you just described a scenario of folks who cant compete. Nice houses are cheap as hell in Atlanta. Don't move to Atlanta if you gotta live with 5 roomates, don't have a plan, or no education. You would end up being a bum in New York or LA if you did that too. Don't blame the city cause you lack what it takes to take advantage of it. Lotta folks move to Atlanta thinking they popping cause they were the man in whatever dusty town they came from only to realize they are not as hot as they thought they were when they face competition. That realization forces people to either run back to their less competitive city or motivates them to step their game up.

Atl is definitely oozing with money and opportunities. You have to be qualified or motivated to get it though. If you are a young black motivated professional it's definitely the place to be. You will go farther than you ever will in Charlotte hands down. If you want to be ordinary and live an average life there is nothing wrong with that either and like you said.. you could do that anywhere also.. But what does that got to do with all the opportunities and money available for those who are motivated to get at them? People choosing to do nothing with their lives has nothing to do with the city and opportunities available.

@Nigerianwonder where should I move eventually? I am 31 years old and live in Americus, GA and work in a restaurant as a busser. I live with my 61 year old mother, have a two year degree in Business Management. Should I just stay in Americus, GA unless I have plans that can make me achieve great success???