So why are you black and not living in Atlanta?

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Well I'm talking about COL and the over crowded. It's every where in South FL. But Broward and Palm Beach is better living for sure.

AZ isn't for everybody. Lots of cacs, but they actually don't bother you unless you bother them. There are black people here and places where black people go. I like this so called hood spot out here. I could never go to something like this in MIami, because it would be shootings for sure. You have to keep your eye out for events that are divers. It's easy living. People are pretty friendly and not pissed off that they don't own a Bugatti like in Miami.

If you still in party mode. This place is not for you. It's a chill city. They try to hype up Scottsdale but it's hella wack, everything closes at 2 here. The food is wack, because most of it is chain restaurants. I used google to find the few ethnic food spots. Other than that the COL is :banderas:

Yeah, when I first moved to South Florida I quickly realized how much i didn't care for Miami like I thought I did. Broward is definitely more my area. Better traffic most of the time, more space, less crowded, and not predominately hispanic/spanish speaking. But overall Florida is just a weird state. You either really rich or broke. This is when I realized the rich got rich elsewhere. No one will actually get rich or make decent money living in Florida which is why I'm getting up outta here. Maybe come back when it's time to retire. AZ doesn't sound like it's for me. Not cuz I like to party, but cuz of the whole red state/conservative atmosphere I keep hearing about. Pretty much sounds like Ocala and Tampa.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atlanta is a competitive city. From the fashion, to business scene, jobs, and even women ( for the fellas thinking they gonna get them easy) . Most people who don't like Atlanta are the ones who couldn't compete and ended up having to move back to where ever dusty town they came from. Atlanta will definitely suck if you wanna be average or don't have your stuff together cause everyday your will see black folks younger than you that do have it together and will be reminded how swagless and broke you are. That's just the raw truth of the matter. I see successful brehs and get motivated.. some see them and get bitter.

Exhibit A

Atlanta is overrated as fukk. I go there often and I will tell yall some shyt you never hear about:

1) nikkas live on top of each other; cats in their 30's and 40's with 4 and 5 roomates in these big ass houses...and i'm talking about SEVERAL dudes i know like this, don't get caught up in the hype.

If you got 5 roomates as a grown man then Atlanta aint your problem. You would hate any city you live in if you living like that. Atlanta is competitive but very rewarding if you can survive. This is the only place where you can go through a hiring process with major companies and never interact with a cac. You can have 3 rounds of interviews with black folks. HR at most companies is full of black folks doing hiring. But they can't put you on if you don't got the basic qualifications. If you are educated you can EAT.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Yeah, when I first moved to South Florida I quickly realized how much i didn't care for Miami like I thought I did. Broward is definitely more my area. Better traffic most of the time, more space, less crowded, and not predominately hispanic/spanish speaking. But overall Florida is just a weird state. You either really rich or broke. This is when I realized the rich got rich elsewhere. No one will actually get rich or make decent money living in Florida which is why I'm getting up outta here. Maybe come back when it's time to retire. AZ doesn't sound like it's for me. Not cuz I like to party, but cuz of the whole red state/conservative atmosphere I keep hearing about. Pretty much sounds like Ocala and Tampa.

Well this is why I'm so glad that Phoenix will never change. People pay attention to that BS. This place is huge for one thing. I mean it's really easy to meet some one and find out they stay an hour away from you one way. People like that in the bold, you have a slim chance of running into in Phoenix. They typically live way outside of the city. :mjpls: But like I said before. Nobody fukks with you, if you don't fukk with them. I know you saw that video of the NYer that got his ass whipped out here in AZ.:pachaha: Dude was fukking with them, they ended it.:yeshrug: You would be hard pressed for somebody to up to you trying to start trouble here. One thing about Miami is you always got to check somebody, cuz people can be very disrespectful there.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
he Search of Black Utopia continues....

The black utopia was being out in the country.

But we gave that up after slavery bc we wanted to move to the city and get away from the country life reminded us of slavery.

We either sold our land or the white man came and stole it. And now we're stuck in densely packed inner cities on top of each other instead of owning land and living off of what we initially built.

Kinda sad when you think about it.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Put me on that AWS hustle breh :feedme:

Ha get in it breh! I mess with AWS a little now but not so much because I'm going into a different role and going to try and hone my programming skills up. :smugdraper:

Im thinking outside the box. I was thinking about Arizona. Plenty of land and good for doing business. I wanted to move to LA til I spent a few months there and peeped the tax rate and cost of living. If i want to go to vegas or cali I can just drive. Why struggle when you dont have to.

I made a thread about something like this a month ago...places that blacks should look at and are under the radar. I just think not everyone will have the same black experience. @jwonder

Rate these cities from most desired to least as a black man.

Essentially you see I listed a few because I work in the tech field and that can be very lucrative for many.

-Seattle, WA
-Austin, TX
-Raleigh, NC (Research Triangle Park in particular)
-Northern VA / DC Area
-Philadelphia
-Nashville
-Denver / Fort Collins
-San Diego

I'm going to move to Austin TX in January for a new role. It is a pretty white city with Hispanics being outside of the city and blacks being in some of the suburbs. I think many minorities are economically priced out and the city is gentrified heavily right now too, but you are in Texas where there is NO state income tax, overall low COL (outside of housing in parts of Austin) and overall it is a pretty active city.

I think it is overrated though because you will hear people describe it as "kick ass" because there's music festivals and honestly a lot of that shyt caters to whites, but I just landed a role for six figures there. Imagine getting property there. I was in San Antonio which is ridiculously cheap but I wouldn't live there again because of some of the dynamic between Hispanics, Blacks, and Whites there.

Austin is metropolitan enough to find different things to do and it hails itself as somewhat liberal. It is as competitive as say somewhere like Atlanta. Traffic is getting a bit worse though.

I PERSONALLY like Atlanta but I lived in the suburbs most my life and got family there (Sandy Springs, Snellville, Peachtree City, Lithonia). I can echo some folks sentiments positive and negative about it.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
this is exactly like Dallas, minus the Black hollywood part.

Used to be cool, now it's just transplants and ppl moving here from other states because it's cheaper.

Put it this way, by the time you hear the narrative about moving somewhere "popular", it's too late.
Quite a few ppl from my small ass city done moved to Dallas:mjlol:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Exhibit A

If you got 5 roomates as a grown man then Atlanta aint your problem. You would hate any city you live in if you living like that. Atlanta is competitive but very rewarding if you can survive. This is the only place where you can go through a hiring process with major companies and never interact with a cac. You can have 3 rounds of interviews with black folks. HR at most companies is full of black folks doing hiring. But they can't put you on if you don't got the basic qualifications. If you are educated you can EAT.

:whoa: hold up fam, I love ATL, great city and I have family there it's just overrated.

most of the black folks moving down there are trying to get a career in the entertainment industry; i swear everyone down there is a rapper/model/actor/promoter/entertainment journalist <<<am I lying?

if you're a scholarly intellectual app developer type of cat, go somewhere else like charlotte - that industry is booming there and they have a large black population too.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
The whole city of Atlanta was like the area driving from 55th and the Dan Ryan to the Lake, and 55th and Stoney Island to 95th and Stoney Island. :palm:

I'm down there with my big sister and we both looking around like "this city small as shyt" :wtf:

It was more white people walking around the city of Atlanta than just the east side of the southside of Chicago, and it's supposed to be the black Mecca?:thumbsdown:
I went downtown expecting to see nothing but black breh's and brehette's. Nope!
shyt looked just like Chicago but way smaller, it was like Hyde Park with some skyscrapers.
Ain't no way u spent more than 2 days in Atlanta

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
You are like the 1% that says that. I'm from Miami and I can say it definitely aint for no black folks, unless you are rich. Loved it when I was younger but around 2010, started hating it. Been out in AZ for 2 years now and love it. Getting paid 20 stacks more a year than in FL, job so close I ride a bike to work, bought a brand new house too.
There's a lot of blacks in AZ?
I've thought about moving to Atlanta, if I decide on Emory for law school then I'll probably be stuck there, just due to regional contacts, but its not too bad of a city.
I'm applying to Emory too
I hear Charlotte is dope, but brehs, please be careful.

Google "Markeith Rivers"
:scust: