So where's the outrage about Sony releasing another broken/unfinished game in Bloodborne????

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Worst mod ever

the-comic-book-guy-pondering.gif.png

:russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Im proving how you pick and choose what you want for your narrative. You've done it twice in the last 10 minutes. You don't argue with people like that. Lesson learned, I'm done here.
I'm not picking and choosing anything.

My point is plenty of games have plenty of issues. The reaction to those issues vary depending on the dev/pub/console

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The difference is Bloodborne framerate stays at 30 almost all the time and there were only ever frame pacing issues in co op with multiple players with different connections. The framerate drops on occasion in single player, but nothing that really detracts from playing.

Watch these two videos Bloodborne barely goes below 30 meanwhile Unity struggles to struggles to hit 30 almost the entire time. These frame rate issues are clearly worse in Unity. IN fact it seems to AVERAGE in the low 20's. (to mid 20's)

Even after the patch Unity still has a consistently terrible framerate, especially in crowds.

Granted it appears Unitys engine is doing more it is clear the frame rate was a much bigger problem in Unity than Bloodborne.

Bloodborne like Dark Souls has frame rate issues in very specific instances and they are generally VERY spread out.

There is nothing like Blightown in this game.

Meanwhile it appears that unless there are no NPCs on screen Unity pretty much never hits 30 FPS.

Now this is just the opening level of each game, and I haven't played Unity myself. But it seems clear that it's choppiness was much more prevalent and happened on a more consistent basis.

Bloodborne has persistent frame pacing issues that wouldn't show up in a test like that, but it makes the entire game look choppy

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The reactions also vary depending on the SEVERITY of the issue though.

Not really.

The serverity of the issues is almost impossible to discern. Different people encounter different stuff, and all we have to go on is anecdotal evidence.

In bloodborne people encounter a glitch and shrug it off. In unity people encounter a bug and log on to rage at ubisoft. That doesn't mean the unity but was worse.

I played the hell out of unity and I wouldn't call it broken in a million years. My short time with bloodborne last night produced no bugs, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Bloodborne has persistent frame pacing issues that wouldn't show up in a test like that, but it makes the entire game look choppy
Breh I'm like 15 hours into the game and only experienced a frame pacing issue ONE TIME against ONE boss and it was with 2 other players fighting the same boss in co op. I took damage before the frame happened on my screen.

One time man. I'm not saying the game is smooth as butter but c'mon.

You startin to sound like one of those "look cops killed a white guy today why's that not on the news?" people.

You won't agree Bloodbornes technically shortcoming are less prevalent and more spread out than Unitys?

Almost every Unity review mentions it's technical shortcomings, meaning almost everyone that played experienced similar issues.

Meanwhile Bloodbornes technical issues (short of loading times) didn't seem to affect a large number of people at all.

Of course when thousands and thousands of people play the game more issues will show up. Just because you can find a few examples doesn't mean it is wide spread.

Being on the internet a lot almost everyone who had the MCC (besides you) was having issues. Almost everyone who played Unity were reporting issues.

Now go into the Bloodborne thread, there's barely anyone having an issue. There's some sure, but that doesn't make the issues equal to games with greater problems.

This my last post on this though, not trying type this much right now :lolbron:

Edit: and didn't you play Unity on PC? Thought we were talkin console release, I'm sure the frame rate was better on PC. Maybe you're right because I am using anectodal evidence. But there was def a lot more of it for these games than Bloodborne, but you seem to be assuming there's no disparity based off what?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Breh I'm like 15 hours into the game and only experienced a frame pacing issue ONE TIME against ONE boss and it was with 2 other players fighting the same boss in co op. I took damage before the frame happened on my screen.
Its not slowdown. Its just choppy the whole time. You may not notice but its there.

You won't agree Bloodbornes technically shortcoming are less prevalent and more spread out than Unitys?
I don't know if they are. Neither do you.

Almost every Unity review mentions it's technical shortcomings, meaning almost everyone that played experienced similar issues.
Again not mentioning the issues doesn't mean they aren't there. And a lot if reviews did mention bloodbornes technincal issues.

Meanwhile Bloodbornes technically issues (short of loading times) didn't seem to affect a large number of people at all.
I've posted plenty of evidence of plenty of people encountering problems in bloodborne.

Its only been out for 3 days yet there's dozens of videos on YouTube showing various bugs

Of course when thousands and thousands of people play the game more issues will show up. Just because you can find a few examples doesn't mean it is wide spread.
Everybody playing the game deal with the frame pacing and loading issues.

Being on the internet a lot almost everyone who had the MCC (besides you) was having issues. Almost everyone who played Unity were reporting issues.

Now go into the Bloodborne thread, there's barely anyone having an issue. There's some sure, but that doesn't make the issues equal to games with greater problems.

This my last post on this though, not trying type this much right now :lolbron:
Again my point is that reactions are different.

You saying that reactions have been different doesn't disprove that.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
A 70 on metacritic reflects how good unity was? Yea we're done here. I mean hey, thats only a few points away from the great game know as The Order...and I'm sure you said that's was well received :troll:
The Order didn't get bad scores because of technical issues though

pick and choose what you want for your narrative indeed...

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Also if the game is good enough, and fun enough I'm sure it's much easier to forgive it's technical shortcomings. (hence me trudging through Blighttown at 12 fps :troll:)

Unity's 20$ at Target so Im gonna cop and see if it's good. I enjoyed ACII alot (like one of my fav PS3 games), didn't like ACIII and loved ACIV. So it could have a shot with me.

I'm gonna predict that perhaps Bloodborne is just a 'better' game to most people, so basically they don't care about the issues as much.

Like dude's Skyrim example. It's full of bugs, but the good outweighed the bad.

Does the good outweigh the bad in Unity? I'm gonna find out this weekend.

real last post :flabbynsick:

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
The Order didn't get bad scores because of technical issues though

pick and choose what you want for your narrative indeed...

Wow you're an idiot. Unity was rated the worst of the AC games because it just wasn't good. The camera sucked during combat and scaling buildings, the fighting was erratic and unpolished as well. The game had plenty of issues outside of technical ones. You don't know how to read so I wouldn't expect you to see where I said everything in between the technical issues matter as well.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Wow you're an idiot. Unity was rated the worst of the AC games because it just wasn't good. The camera sucked during combat and scaling buildings, the fighting was erratic and unpolished as well. The game had plenty of issues outside of technical ones. You don't know how to read so I wouldn't expect you to see where I said everything in between the technical issues matter as well.
so non-technical issues added to it being called broken?

edit: lol, this dude negged me

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Also if the game is good enough, and fun enough I'm sure it's much easier to forgive it's technical shortcomings. (hence me trudging through Blighttown at 12 fps :troll:)

Unity's 20$ at Target so Im gonna cop and see if it's good. I enjoyed ACII alot (like one of my fav PS3 games), didn't like ACIII and loved ACIV. So it could have a shot with me.

I'm gonna predict that perhaps Bloodborne is just a 'better' game to most people, so basically they don't care about the issues as much.

Like dude's Skyrim example. It's full of bugs, but the good outweighed the bad.

Does the good outweigh the bad in Unity? I'm gonna find out this weekend.

real last post :flabbynsick:
I agree that bloodborne is the better game. But that has nothing to do with bugs or technical stuf

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:skip:

Persistent frame issues, but you can't see it

You cant see it but it's clearly just as bad, if not worse than unity.