So whats the downside of living life on easy mode? (No kids/ no small kids)

broller

Veteran
Daps
No downsides really.

Unless you got it like that and can pay people to see about you in your old age.

So there are no downsides.. UNLESS you have money and can pay people to care for you when hours old?

I think you mean there are no downsides IF you have enough paper for caregivers once you get old.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
From the way OP worded it, there aren’t any downsides.

But when we get old, we’re probably gonna want Someone to help take care of us...

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
there’s no such thing as living life on easy mode, you’re just trading one set of problems for a different set of problems

life is gonna make you pay one way or the other. no such thing as getting all the good things without having to endure the bad things that come with it

now to answer the question me i personally wouldn’t want to be the old creepy sexual deviant uncle/family friend at the function but i guess part of embracing that antisocial lifestyle is that you’re okay with never being invited to a 4th of july/thanksgiving/graduation party where families are gathered to fellowship

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
im childless, plan on staying that way

only downside is not being able to hang out with friends because they all have small children and we cant make plans for shyt....and when we do, i basically spend the entire time with the kids cause they love Unc....i play along and its cool but Im not a kid person at all, so its very draining and it makes me think twice when they invite me somewhere

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
there’s no such thing as living life on easy mode, you’re just trading one set of problems for a different set of problems

life is gonna make you pay one way or the other. no such thing as getting all the good things without having to endure the bad things that come with it

now to answer the question me i personally wouldn’t want to be the old creepy sexual deviant uncle/family friend at the function but i guess part of embracing that antisocial lifestyle is that you’re okay with never being invited to a 4th of july/thanksgiving/graduation party where families are gathered to fellowship
That bottom comment gotta be the most weird and stupid shyt I ever saw.

If someone don’t have kids they looked at like sexual predators? What’s wrong with your family dog?

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps

If someone don’t have kids they looked at like sexual predators? What’s wrong with your family dog?
no but at some point you’re not bringing a single unmarried man to be around families that’s just common sense.

and being antisocial and hyperfocused on yourself is a part of being creepy not just being a predator

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So there are no downsides.. UNLESS you have money and can pay people to care for you when hours old?

I think you mean there are no downsides IF you have enough paper for caregivers once you get old.

I forgot the differences between the 2 but they convey the same message. One means a present situation and the other is for the future.

I could have also said:

“Unless you have money and can pay people to see about you in your old age, there are no downsides.”

But yes, your way is also right.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
Anyone that has elderly parents know what the downside would be if they don't got kids. My sister has devoted her life to take care of my mom at her age and I take care of my mom by picking her up from church and taking her to her appointments. I drive 100 miles one way to do it every other week. Church makes her happy so I'll do it as long as possible without complaints. If my mom didn't have us she would be at a home alone because she can't take care of herself. My mom has us and church and that's what is keeping her going along with her waiting to be a grandmom. Her being a grandmom will make her the happiest women alive. I think about this alot which is part of the reason I want kids.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
People go out of their way to try to demonize single and childfree people. Either that or try to shame or guilt trip them. Someone posted a thread about how Chinese people demonize childless women over 30 calling them leftover women.

no but at some point you’re not bringing a single unmarried man to be around families that’s just common sense.

and being antisocial and hyperfocused on yourself is a part of being creepy not just being a predator
So you don't want single people around the family but in next sentence are saying they're being antisocial.

And ya'll are the mfers raising the next generation

soulja-boy-walk-out.gif

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps

So it's not just a western thing. In Asian cultures, they try to pressure and gaslight childless people into having kids with mfers they don't even find attractive. Then these same mfers try to come off as the self-righteous ones. FOH That's why when they try me. I always push back. You can't play nice with narcissistic and the needy empty parent types.

When the lights go out, you’re likely to be alone.
Ya'll know there's other people that can be close to you besides your kids. Most kids don't even like hanging around their parents like that. If you develop a life outside of just raising a child that didn't even asks to be here in the first place then guilting them into changing your depends on diapers and watching you die slowly. WHy put someone through that bruh?
I agree with pretty much everything posted by @b̶a̶'̶a̶l̶

Fred.
dap-nba.gif

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
People go out of their way to try to demonize single and childfree people. Either that or try to shame or guilt trip them. Someone posted a thread about how Chinese people demonize childless women over 30 calling them leftover women.

So you don't want single people around the family but in next sentence are saying they're being antisocial.

And ya'll are the mfers raising the next generation

soulja-boy-walk-out.gif
i’m just speaking as someone who once was a teenage girl in a big family and seen creepy older dudes hanging on the periphery every once in a while:yeshrug:

men who have made the lifestyle choice to be childless bachelors do not be around after a certain age. i only saw my dad’s best friend extremely rarely, he was not bringing that nikka around like that except on once in a lifetime occasions like my brother’s wedding. now he’s pushing 70 and regretting never settling down, but that’s a different story

ya’ll might want it one way but reality hits all of us as we age