So whats the downside of living life on easy mode? (No kids/ no small kids)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Some the only risk you can come up with is just the fear of missing out or regret. If I get older and regret it. There's always the option to mentor, adopt, or marry a single woman who has children.

Meanwhile, in my scenario you risk someone being born with a disease, handicap, deformed, etc.
That's a big risk especially if you're single and spend a lot of time by yourself.
That child still has an actual Dad. You are not that to them and likely won't ever be treated as such.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So the only risk you can come up with is just the fear of missing out or regret. If I get older and regret it. There's always the option to mentor, adopt, or marry a single woman who has children.

Meanwhile, in my scenario, you risk someone being born with a disease, handicap, deformed, being bullied, etc.

You also risk your wife's physical and mental health when she's pregnant with your child you need for your own ego boost and fullfilment. Selfish imo.
To be fair, your decision not to have kids is based out of fear too. But you’re projecting to hide that fact.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
If you don’t want kids at all the downside would be you leave no true legacy,
You can be childless and leave behind a legacy. If Oprah died yesterday she would have a legacy. Tupac died without kids but he left a huge impact on rap music. If you're childless you could focus more on your career and benefit not only people biologically related to you.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Lots of freedom, lots more time to reflect, and potentially get lost in that introspection. I have a lot on the line, but in many ways I live a pretty charmed life.

I'm going to hit one of my spots tonight, sit at the bar, by myself, have like a $50 pasta for dinner. I'm going to come home and read or watch Party Down new episode, or whatever. I'll wake up tomorrow and exercise, go have a coffee. I don't think about what milk or gas or baby food costs. I don't even have a thing to eat in my place.

What I am illustrating is I have to some degree a lot of choices. I can call this woman, or text this other girl tonight, maybe neither answer, but I can text two more on Monday. I'll meet a new one within 2 weeks.

That said, there can be an existential crisis, of sorts. What matters? Family people don't think like that. They are grounded in love for family, and know they go to work for their children, and their wife. There is a sense of belonging and security. A sense of pride, and of doing the right thing.

but change is always there, and in some ways family slows that down. Where will you be in 10 years? I don't have much of an idea. But, family guys do. There's that Nas line "haunted by those who thought time stood still" I think about a lot. Things always change.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
To be fair, your decision not to have kids is based out of fear too. But you’re projecting to hide that fact.
Every accusation is a confession. Ya'll projecting. Y'all the ones talking about having kids out of fear of dying alone or needing a caretaker.

And It's not out of fear we were discussing and weighing the risk of having children and not having children. With all due respect MJ truth.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Every accusation is a confession. Ya'll projecting. Y'all the ones talking about having kids out of fear of dying alone or needing a caretaker.

And It's not out of fear we were discussing and weighing the risk of having children and not having children. With all due respect MJ truth.
Is it better, worse or neutral to die alone to you?
I think most people would rather not die alone. It's the normal choice not caring or wanting to be alone is the minority opinion. Nothing wrong with it just not the average.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Childfree people give logical reasons why they're childfree

Parents and Future Parents come in with nothing but emotional appeals and shaming tactics

Childfree person: "I don't see the reason or need to bring a child into a corrupt and unjust world."

Breeders "You're just afriad" "You're going to miss out" "If everyone thought like you it would be no more people."
"You're selfish for not wanting to birth someone just so they can experience pain, sickness, and death."

Nothing but emotions. Appeal to me with logic

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Childfree people give logical reasons why they're childfree

Parents and Future Parents come in with nothing but emotional appeals and shaming tactics

"I don't see the reason or need to bring a child into a corrupt and unjust world."

Breeders "You're just afriad" "You're going to miss out" "If everyone thougt like you it would be no more people."
If eeveryone chose your option human life would eventually end. Is that better than an unjust world? You sound like Ultron. lol

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
If eeveryone chose your option human life would eventually end. Is that better than an unjust world? You sound like Ultron. lol
But the funny part about this weak argument is that most people aren't choosing to be child-free. You have some countries with high birth rates.

"If most people became vegetarians than all the meat farmers would go out of business." Just a dumb logical fallacy because it doesn't account for the diverse lifestyle choices people make on this planet.

Appeal_to_Extremes.jpg

Traveler

All Star
Daps
This is something else OP. nikkas gaslighting and saying you will Die Alone. Like it's not a bunch of senior citizens with children who don't call or visit their parents at all.

I agree but I'm an introvert. Others might not agree with this point. They like to conform to groups.
Who you think is going to take care of you? Yeah you might have kids that don't like you or your spouse might divorce you or die first. But if you stay single without you just guarenteed you are going to die with no one to remember your name. You are going to be lonely as fukk. Most people won't even have the money to afford elder care so your going to be in some shytty state funded nursing home shytting on yourself with the nurses taking 4 hours to clean it up. If that's what you want in your final days have at it.

You think you getting p*ssy at 60? You gonna be flabby and sick. You won't have the finances so women won't fukk with you. That's the reality. No gas lighting just harsh facts.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Who you think is going to take care of you?
This was already answered. I ain't read the rest of what you wrote fam. Since you didn't take the time out either to read the conversaton.

Ya'll argue the same point over and over. This is what I said earlier. Having kids doesn't mean they will take care of you when you're older. Having kids just so they can change your diapers when you're old is selfish. And Why would you want your child to see you in a sickly and feeble state anyways? How is that not selfish?

You can go into a old folks home or hire a care taker.

This is something else OP. nikkas gaslighting and saying you will Die Alone. Like it's not a bunch of senior citizens with children who don't call or visit their parents at all.

I agree but I'm an introvert. Others might not agree with this point. They like to conform to groups.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Living life with no other humans you're responsible for is essentially living life on easy mode :childplease: tf

Maybe for you, but not for everyone in that situation. Would you say that for someone w/o kids who is ♿️ bound? What about someone who is in prison for life? Same with someone who is paralyzed? TF!

Traveler

All Star
Daps
But they had a kid, which is you. I would hope you had some good times growing up with them. Maybe at some point in life you'd want to experience that same joy from their position. It definitely helps you connect with them more. If you're pretty young now, I get it, you're in selfish mode. I've been there. Get thru that phase and at some point in life your point of view might change once you experience more in life, make more money, or meet someone who causes you to consider creating a family with them. As we get older our desires change. You'll see.
Around age 37 this hit me. I was sitting alone in the condo and had everything I wanted. I had a parade of p*ssy in my life and no shortage of good women. Once I looked at the future it looked bleak. I told myself the next woman I met that was truly about me that's who I was going to go all in for. I was married by 39. Wifey and I are going on 9 years married. We had some issues at first now life is on easy mode.