So whats the downside of living life on easy mode? (No kids/ no small kids)

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
no downside except when your old and have no one to help you out
Exactly what I was gonna come in here to say. Kids are a long term investment. Not only for that reason but for legacy, emotional support, and building family lineages. The older you get, the more valuable things like that are

Thanksgivings would be lonely with no wife and kids

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Neither one of those is betraying the other both are literally criticizing and poking holes in the way you make claims and arguments.

The first one is where you tried to argue the following litterally. Than I later came back and took on your arguing style to show the absurdity.

This is

Because that generation isn't tech savvy. People were saying the childfree people currently in the thread would be regretful. Too easy.

And you asking this when ya'll are the ones claiming children will visit their parents is just profoundly asinine. Either people are visiting their parents so much they will have to spare "left over dead time for the childless" or they are not being visted that often like we stated earlier bruh.
Oh so you switched to an arguing style you criticized earlier to show how absurd it was? I don't think it worked. lol Just my opinion.

Some elderly aren't even in retirement homes and some actually *gasp* live with their kids.
Getting married having kids provides more opportunity not to be alone/lonely in your latter years. You have your kids, grand kids, in laws, your kids in laws, other parents you meet and fellowship with while rearing your kids together. A shared history, people and experiences. Child free life I'm guessing there are less opportunities for connection unless you are an extremely outgoing social individual. Nothing in old age is guaranteed but having kids provides more opportunities. Not trying to convince you but I think the better elderly lifestyle on avg. argument is valid.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Oh so you switched to an arguing style you criticized earlier to show how absurd it was?

nikka don't know the difference between hyperbole and an appeal to extreme fallacy.

If you made an argument meant to be taken seriously and in a literal fashion in a dialogue and it only works in an extreme fashion that's a fallacy.

A hyperbole is not meant to be taken literal at all in any shape or form.

And since you brought it up let's revisit it this argument you made.

If eeveryone chose your option human life would eventually end. Is that better than an unjust world? You sound like Ultron. lol
This is a argument made by you bruh. You are appealing to extremes to make an agrument.

Below is an example of hyperbole. Notice the quotes as if I'm not speaking my own words but instead mocking another person for comedic effect and emphaszing how absurd and silly their arguments are when stated to another person. I shouldn't even need to have to break this shyt down this much for you either my nikka. No literal argument was made below.
I kinda feel sorry for nikkas like him. Anonymity sounds like he has been spoon-fed lots of lies that he internalized.

"Yeah, when I get old my kids are going to 100% take care of me and visit every day. I know for a fact they will view me as so important they will put their careers and their own family to the wayside just to be around me and visit as I slowly rot and decay before them. I know this for a fact because this is what happens to every good parent that grows old in the world"

"When you're born into this world you just gotta go to school, get good grades, go to college, get married, have kids, so they can go to school, get good grades, go to college, get married, have kids, until the end of time."

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
nikka don't know the difference between hyperbole and an appeal to extreme fallacy.

If you made an argument meant to be taken seriously and in a literal fashion in a dialogue and it only works in an extreme fashion that's a fallacy.

A hyperbole is not meant to be taken literal at all in any shape or form.

And since you brought it up let's revisit it this argument you made.

This is a argument made by you bruh. You are appealing to extremes to make an agrument.

Below is an example of hyperbole. Notice the quotes as if I'm not speaking my own words but instead mocking another person for comedic effect and emphaszing how absurd and silly their arguments are when stated to another person. I shouldn't even need to have to break this shyt down this much for you either my nikka. No literal argument was made below.
You should only use quotes when quoting someone verbatim. I never said any of those things. That's why it didn't work. For me at least. lol

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
You should only use quotes when quoting someone verbatim. I never said any of those things. That's why it didn't work. For me at least. lol
MAAAAAAAAAAAN nikka. People do mock quotes all the time for comedic effects. Even in real life, people do the air quotes fingers and a mocking tone voice bit all the time to make fun of another person's viewpoint. If the joke goes over your head or you miss it that's a different thing, my guy. Or even if you noticed it but just didn't find it funny but at least you knew it was not meant to be taken literally.

Even on this very forum, people post mock quotes for comedic effect. Like this meme below which is actually relevant to the topic.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
I'm child free and plan to be my entire life got a vasectomy.

A few cons.

Some women see it as a red flag to be a certain age and not have at least 1 or two kids usually these are single moms. If you're good-looking to them they'll assume you're a homosexual or on the DL or atleast that's what they got to tell themselves that to be comfortable with your decision. If you're ugly they'll feel sorry for you a little bit cuz in their mind you're too ugly to even get a woman.

Most of your childhood friends will be more invested in spending time with their wife and children. I know some wives even encourage their husbands not to hang out with their single guy friends any longer. Like a slave hanging out with freemen.

Older people in your family usually the religious ones will demonize you for not having kids. I know I got called selfish once. Because obviously what this world needs is more nikkas on it.

If you decide to get a vasectomy some people will view you as a player.

Single moms and old nikkas will low key hate on your decision to be single and child free.

If you want to get married later you might have trouble finding a woman who also wants to be childfree.
As a married man with two children with a fairly religious family… half of what you’re saying, especially about how people will perceive your decision, is bullshyt, lol. Millennials and Gen Z’ers especially don’t care as much about having kids.

Most people don’t care outside of your parents. They don’t think any less of you and, in fact, they probably envy the lack of responsibility you have to some degree.

The part about wives not wanting their husbands to hang out with single friends not common in my experience. The issue is usually WHERE you’re going with them. Going to places like clubs and strip clubs without your wife when you’re married doesn’t make much sense. Most wives don’t care if you go play golf or got to a concert/music festival with your single friends.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is always an interesting argument. It always assumes 2 unrealistic extremes.. most of yall without kids are not living like leonardo dicaprio and will never be some rich playboy.. and most people with kids are not stuck not being able to ever do anything in life except tend to their kids. You can still have a personal life, travel solo etc when you have kids.

I really dont hear anything special folks without kids are doing with their live to be honest. brunch parties? traveling? Where yall even traveling to outside of typical tourist traps, sex tourism counties and instagram thot destinations like Tulum? Most americans are broke with or without kids so there isnt much extravagant travel happening for most people. And Most of yall also are not doing anything really important or impressive with your life anyway. Most people are average and family can give perspective and meaning to the average person. Cause life aint about working a 9 to 5, partying or solo travel. those things get old. And In your late 40s , 50s and beyond you will need something more to be fulfilled.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
As a married man with two children with a fairly religious family… half of what you’re saying, especially about how people will perceive your decision, is bullshyt,
So I stopped reading here. So religious family members don't pressure their kids to get married and have kids? You're the one bullshytting Jermaine.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
MAAAAAAAAAAAN nikka. People do mock quotes all the time for comedic effects. Even in real life, people do the air quotes fingers and a mocking tone voice bit all the time to make fun of another person's viewpoint. If the joke goes over your head or you miss it that's a different thing, my guy. Or even if you noticed it but just didn't find it funny but at least you knew it was not meant to be taken literally.

Even on this very forum, people post mock quotes for comedic effect. Like this meme below which is actually relevant to the topic.

A lot of people say "ain't", to.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
This is always an interesting argument. It always assumes 2 unrealistic extremes.. most of yall without kids are not living like leonardo dicaprio and will never be some rich playboy..
Who the fukk wants to be Leonardo? People just don't want kids how is that extreme?
Which is fine in informal settings or even some formal environments depending on the region and speech pattern of the people located there.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Some people have higher standards. lol
Colloquialisms are used in the world we live in. I doubt as a New Yorker you speak with a clean victorian English accent. I also doubt as a new yorker you never used a colloquialism before in your life to convey a message or point across to another individual.

And standards are subjective.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Colloquialisms are used in the world we live in. I doubt as a New Yorker you speak with a clean victorian English accent. I also doubt as a new yorker you never used a colloquialism before in your life to convey a message or point across to another individual.

And standards are subjective.
You are right, I just never use quotation marks incorrectly. Just not my thing. lol

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps

Some people have higher standards. lol
Is this you?

you can, I ain't on twitter.

Aquabro say it ain't so?! :mjlol:

Work in the non-profit sector. You ain't special. lol

You ain't never lied breh.

This poster ain't shyt, this thread ain't shyt, this topic ain't shyt . . .

Yeah this ain't the NBA. lol

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
So I stopped reading here. So religious family members don't pressure their kids to get married and have kids? You're the one bullshytting Jermaine.
Are there some that do? Sure. But most of the time its the parents/grandparents, not random family members, and it usually has nothing to do with them being religious. They just want grandchildren to spoil. And that’s usually only a big deal once you’re married. People normally aren’t begging their single children to have kids.

And it didn’t make sense for you to stop reading there because that should have told you that i actually came from the type of family/household that you’re describing.