So whats the downside of living life on easy mode? (No kids/ no small kids)

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Subreddit Icon
r/regretfulparents
•Posted by
u/Jugger-Thot
5 days ago

fukk spring break. fukk all breaks.
My 7 year old has been begging me to go to my grandma's condo in the mountains for a year. Figured I'd make her happy for spring break. She made everything so miserable this time around that we left a 3 day trip after 26 hours.

We are to keep the condo pristine and my child wrecked it in less than a day. Filth everywhere, everything rearranged, etc. It took me an hour to clean up today after only staying a night. And she defaced my late great grandmother's dining room chair with pen. I couldn't remove it. Oh and before we went to breakfast she dropped her favorite stuffed animal in the toilet and got toilet water everywhere.

Everything we tried to do she complained the whole time and was a complete brat. Today was the final straw when she got everything I could give her and she was crying about her ice cream being too cold. I was like, we are going home. I'm done.

Whines the entire car ride home.

Why would anyone have more than one kid? Why does anyone have kids on purpose at all?

And what the hell am I going to do about summer? All daycare programs seem insanely expensive .

:picard:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i’m just speaking as someone who once was a teenage girl in a big family and seen creepy older dudes hanging on the periphery every once in a while:yeshrug:

men who have made the lifestyle choice to be childless bachelors do not be around after a certain age.
have you considered therapy? This is definitely not normal.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
have you considered therapy? This is definitely not normal.
its always projection from some sort of family trauma that they rejected and chose to extrapolate onto the entire world. just gotta let them cook and tell on themselves from a distance. a therapist would cause emotional chaos for their entire family at this point.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Well considering we will mostly likely have robots by the time we all hit old age. The trifling notion of having kids to take care of you at old age is played out.
This is a good point I didn't even think about JNew.
i’m just speaking as someone who once was a teenage girl in a big family and seen creepy older dudes hanging on the periphery every once in a while:yeshrug:

men who have made the lifestyle choice to be childless bachelors do not be around after a certain age. i only saw my dad’s best friend extremely rarely, he was not bringing that nikka around like that except on once in a lifetime occasions like my brother’s wedding. now he’s pushing 70 and regretting never settling down, but that’s a different story

ya’ll might want it one way but reality hits all of us as we age
This is fukking retarded. For example Bill Cosby and R Kelly both have kids. Both are now considered creeps. This is implying married men with children have better character than those who are single and childless which isn't the case. It's so many example I could pull from like Andrew Gillium out here in Florida going to gay orgies while being married with kids. Could've gave his wife a STD. Your character isn't defined by if you have kids or not but how you carry yourself and treat others sis.

This is an even worse belief to hold if you're a Christian because the messiah who allows you to even have salvation in your religion was a childless man.

i only saw my dad’s best friend extremely rarely, he was not bringing that nikka around like that except on once in a lifetime occasions like my brother’s wedding.
This is even dumber so if this guy was so bad why was your Dad even friends with the dude enough to bring him to your brother's wedding? Sounds like a weak ass lie to me.

And you never explained how you could call someone anti-social in one sentence and then demonize that same person for trying to establish a relationship with you and the family. Sounds like you're the one with the problem. You're intolerant of other people's lifestyles choice. Just say you want a traditional family and keep it moving. You don't have to demonize others to have a traditional family.

Last edited:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I love reading these stories because "breeders" as they are called on Reddit basically people who advocate for everyone across the board to have kids always paint having kids in this great light then you have parents on regretfulparents subforums being brutally honest about having kids. They can't run with "well you don't have any so you wouldn't know" on the regretful parents like they do childfree people.
Subreddit Icon
r/regretfulparents
•Posted by
u/Jugger-Thot
5 days ago

fukk spring break. fukk all breaks.
My 7 year old has been begging me to go to my grandma's condo in the mountains for a year. Figured I'd make her happy for spring break. She made everything so miserable this time around that we left a 3 day trip after 26 hours.

We are to keep the condo pristine and my child wrecked it in less than a day. Filth everywhere, everything rearranged, etc. It took me an hour to clean up today after only staying a night. And she defaced my late great grandmother's dining room chair with pen. I couldn't remove it. Oh and before we went to breakfast she dropped her favorite stuffed animal in the toilet and got toilet water everywhere.

Everything we tried to do she complained the whole time and was a complete brat. Today was the final straw when she got everything I could give her and she was crying about her ice cream being too cold. I was like, we are going home. I'm done.

Whines the entire car ride home.

Why would anyone have more than one kid? Why does anyone have kids on purpose at all?

And what the hell am I going to do about summer? All daycare programs seem insanely expensive .

:picard:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Well considering we will mostly likely have robots by the time we all hit old age. The trifling notion of having kids to take care of you at old age is played out.
Talk about a lack of personality and personal touch. lol
With this be more or less expensive than a retirement home?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Living life where all your money goes to you. Know little fukkers to feed, buy clothes for, pay for daycare, pay child support, yell at all day, help with homework, give "life lessons", cuss out, cook for, carry carseats for, make sure the little b*stards are buckled up every time you get in your car, make sure they dont stray within a 10ft radius when out in public, sign up for school sports, buying expensive ass equipment, buying expensive laptops for school, buying expensive ass shoes so they don't get clowned everyday at school...

None of that...

(Edit) also includes having grown up kids with Jobs of their own

Just work for YOURSELF. Get paid for YOURSELF. Cook for YOURSELF. Buy shyt for YOURSELF. Ain't gotta explain shyt to nobody.

What's the downside?
the downside is, it's only easy mode until you are elderly, then its hard as fukk.
whereas with kids its hard when you're young, then easy when you get old.

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
times have changed

I remembered my grandparents had the pleasure of living in a era where all the kids all lived in the same city and state.

Over the years and the opportunities of finding work elsewhere many elderly children and other family live out of state or if they live in state they probably live a few hours away, etc and have families of their own … so it’s hard for many children to be there for their parents…

For me, my immediate family my sister and niece and nephew all live in NYC and DC… my dad side of the family lives here ,but I really don’t talk to them and my mom side of the family is down south…

So it’s like damn who can I turn to when I get old, but some lazy Home care nurse who just throw me around and feed me once a day

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Talk about a lack of personality and personal touch. lol
If you need personality you could chat with other elderly people your age which would be even easier in the future as technology, science, and healthcare advance. Could be face-to-face or online. Like how we're interacting now nig. There's a solution for every problem ya'll nikkas try to cook up for childfree people.

the downside is, it's only easy mode until you are elderly, then its hard as fukk.
whereas with kids its hard when you're young, then easy when you get old.
I'm of the mindset people should only have kids if they can care and love them unconditionally rather than raising them just to be their caretakers because they have a subconscious fear of death and old age. And feel like having a child they can force/guilt them into taking care of them in old age.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If you need personality you could chat with other elderly people your age which would be even easier in the future as both technology, science, and healthcare advance. Could b face to face or online. There's a solution for every problem ya'll nikkas try to cook up for childfree people.

I'm of the mindset people should only have kids if they can care and love them unconditionally rather than raising them just to be their caretaker because they have a subconscious fear of death and old age. And feel like having a child they can force/guilt them into taking care of them in old age.

Thats not the reason why you raise kids, just the reality of having them versus not having them.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Thats not the reason why you raise kids, just the reality of having them versus not having them.
That's not what I'm hearing in this thread from parents/future parents. I'm hearing folks mentioning having kids for house labor and caretaking or they personally wanting a mini me. Nothing about the child's quality of life. Correct me if I'm wrong one that one Luke.

And I don't think that's a reality if you watch the clip I posted. That fear of ageing and being alone seems to be a big one that keep getting repeated in the thread.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
true.
but its the first thing people say when this subject comes up...
"...but but what about when you get old!?"

that tells me most people have kids to fill some void.

no parent should put that burden on their kids.

childfree life is nice.
a lot less stress.
way more money.

its pretty easy to maintain relationships with younger people.
either via family, women you date or giving back in general.

I find that kids gravitate to me because my life seems to be a little more together than their parents...
...I also have more hobbies/interest than their parents.

more than one way to go about life.